Do you care that AT&T had the phone system and long distance before any other company? Does that fact prevent you from using WorldCom, Sprint, or any other Long Distance Carrier? Diner's Club invented the credit card, but does that prevent you from using Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express? McDonald's practially invented Fast Food, but would that prevent you from going to Burger King, Taco Bell, Jack In The Box, KFC, Hardee's, etc? Ford practially invented the car (I know I know, some German guy did it first) or rather the automobile assembly line but will that stop you from buying a Chevy, Toyota, Saturn, GMC, etc? What prevents you from using the service or product from the company that originaly thought it up, or that had it before anyone else?

Pepsi and Coke, which is better? Or does the average person care which one came first? Or are they more concerned which one costs less?

Most of the time people go with the less expensive product or service, that $600USD PC rather than that $1200USD Mac. Why? Don't ask me, I am not your average user.