IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Isn't the 'real'-ish problem that, you can't legislate
either taste or (any two peoples' same idea of) decency - though a Purchaser of Entertainment Can fire you? And if scared by a chance.. of loss-of-profits: Will?
(So how is a Giant Corporation different from a Giant Government, as wielder of Power to induce conformity?)

Now if we could legislate against either hypocrisy or sanctimony..

I see: a Lose/Lose situation + infinite tongue wagging signifying nada, but aiming for More Homogenization. One theme 24/7: bland.

Blah.
New Thats just it...
You equate Howard's ability to tell lesbian jokes and to have Jenna Jameson talk about only taking it up the a** from her boyfriend with variety in radio.

I don't.

Like there have never been funny guys that didn't tell dirty jokes.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New No, actually I don't 'equate' such.
It just may be the price that a no-class majority forces all to pay, until some hypothetical time when .. .. .?. .. they develop some class, indicate that they don't Want to hear female dissing as-if it were a joke. After all, Barnum was proven right about such matters.

What I don't want is - John Ashcroft and ilk deciding *either* what is funny or what might 'have class'. I don't actually want a bunch of Corporate ad execs deciding either.. but we have accepted that them as have skimmed the most $$ get to pick the crap they put on "the people's airwaves" .. somehow we Let That Continue to happen, making a gift of that resource. That's US.

I predict it will be a long wait; we're comfy with pure shit as 'advertainment' - and it Sells So Well - and the MBAs Love That. Why.. what else could matter more to a mercantile group, striving for Efficiency in cash/quarter?

(Unless we decided that, say, a la BBC and a Set Tax - we Do Deserve a noncommercial, properly funded alternative to the AM-radio and Howard Sternish folks and their merchandising of genitalia for gigabucks. Referendum time?)

OK maybe in another couple years we can ask again.

(Seen Elimidate? there's what the up and coming are like. Kinda makes ya proud, no?)
New That corporate bland is what we get >today<
...because of the pervasiveness of the potty joke that is Stern.

If you don't have him as #1 in your market, you have someone trying to be like him to be #1 in the market.

Its like the train wreck. You can't help but to look. Thats what I equate his success to...you know you don't want to listen...but you just can't help yourself...you might miss seeing that actual severed head ;-)

He really >isn't< that good.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New No, he really *isn't*
IM hallowed O. I believe I may have seen about 8 minutes, lifetime total of this twit - that's enough to correlate his stylelessness with all previous experiences of overtly smug [\ufffd DRL narcissists] in flagrante.

That he is Popular says.. well you know. Hog in trough game; that's US. But then we simultaneously horrify the rest of the world - while entertaining too: by the fact of what entertains US; not the content. Our 'footprint' precedes and sabotages any efforts at diplomatic explaining of larger issues, is my guess..
Recursive dissonance?

As you say, like watching Plan 9 from Outer Space - the near-worst of the worst becomes Entertainment! And we seem to have run with that perverse logic ever since. After all, it's just filler between ads, right - those "people's airwaves" cha cha.

(Check out Elimidate.. but not right after a meal, OK?)

moi

OK - I've watched Plan 9 at least twice. Too.
Now ... The Blob [is that a metaphor for Walmart?]
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #143938 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=143938|ICLRPD]

Howard Stern yanked - (deSitter) - (51)
         pre-election sanctimony - (hnick)
         Ran him out of Denver after Columbine -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (8)
             And good riddance - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 Funny you should say that - (Nightowl) - (6)
                     What's the point of even turning the radio on? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Well, I have reasons to - (Nightowl)
                     Say WHAT?!? - (jb4) - (3)
                         Re: Say WHAT?!? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Thanks. You're right: He's whacked! - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Believe me, we tried - (Nightowl)
         I'm proud of them - (Nightowl) - (21)
             You would be. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Proud of what? I dont find Stern indecent or Bubba - (boxley) - (8)
                 No thanks, I like Nightowl - (Nightowl)
                 It's not that he's rude - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     much prefered bubba over stern - (boxley) - (5)
                         If you read my post more closely - (Nightowl) - (4)
                             church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (boxley) - (3)
                                 church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                     the fines were just announced and you being in the business - (boxley) - (1)
                                         ...fines were just announced and you being in the business - (Nightowl)
             Agree but wouldn't say it was indecent - (deSitter) - (10)
                 I understand that - (Nightowl) - (9)
                     You're female, right? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         naw she smells a fart and thinks its roses by conditioning -NT - (boxley)
                         Re: You're female, right? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             maybe in buttfsck missouri nude is not accepted - (boxley)
                     She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Meerkat) - (4)
                         Re: She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Not even sure if SuperBowl was shown on free-to-air TV - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                 Ah ok, that helps - (Nightowl)
                         Same here - (pwhysall)
         I don't see this as true censorship. - (rickw) - (3)
             I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (rickw) - (1)
                     so rush limbough should be off the air as well? -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Howard Stern yanked - (pwhysall) - (12)
             You obviously listened ;-) - (bepatient) - (11)
                 he wasnt "over the edge" he has used those same - (boxley) - (10)
                     Point boxley. - (Silverlock)
                     Greaseman??? - (bepatient) - (8)
                         sorry greaseman - (boxley) - (1)
                             That was a good one! - (bepatient)
                         Isn't the 'real'-ish problem that, you can't legislate - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Thats just it... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 No, actually I don't 'equate' such. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     That corporate bland is what we get >today< - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         No, he really *isn't* - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (bepatient)
         Hey Boxley... you might be interested in this - (Nightowl) - (1)
             stern lost 6 of 40+ stations - (boxley)

DON'T PANIC
107 ms