IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks. You're right: He's whacked!
So if you happen to be born the best possible DJ in the Western Hemisphere, and you have the misfortune to be born in Truth or Consequences, NM (there really is such a place!), you're fucked, because there isn't a radio station there (or within 75 miles in any direction), and you can't move to where there is a station because you're not "local" per his definition.

What a maroon!
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New Believe me, we tried
to get E.B. to see the complete illogicality of his argument, but he keeps saying things like cities need a truly local sound, with a DJ who knows the area and grew up here and knows the history and all. It all sounds nice, I mean, it would be nice to have such a thing, I guess, not that I would be that interested in it, but to make it a mandatory thing is crazy.

Like I said, I think he's mostly mad that the St. Louis stations won't hire him to work for them, rather they are hiring people from out of town instead. He seems to think he's St. Louis's gift to radio, but I don't agree.

Sorry I was not defining his concept of local better before, I forgot you weren't really reading that thread in KCFV.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
     Howard Stern yanked - (deSitter) - (51)
         pre-election sanctimony - (hnick)
         Ran him out of Denver after Columbine -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (8)
             And good riddance - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 Funny you should say that - (Nightowl) - (6)
                     What's the point of even turning the radio on? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Well, I have reasons to - (Nightowl)
                     Say WHAT?!? - (jb4) - (3)
                         Re: Say WHAT?!? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Thanks. You're right: He's whacked! - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Believe me, we tried - (Nightowl)
         I'm proud of them - (Nightowl) - (21)
             You would be. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Proud of what? I dont find Stern indecent or Bubba - (boxley) - (8)
                 No thanks, I like Nightowl - (Nightowl)
                 It's not that he's rude - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     much prefered bubba over stern - (boxley) - (5)
                         If you read my post more closely - (Nightowl) - (4)
                             church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (boxley) - (3)
                                 church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                     the fines were just announced and you being in the business - (boxley) - (1)
                                         ...fines were just announced and you being in the business - (Nightowl)
             Agree but wouldn't say it was indecent - (deSitter) - (10)
                 I understand that - (Nightowl) - (9)
                     You're female, right? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         naw she smells a fart and thinks its roses by conditioning -NT - (boxley)
                         Re: You're female, right? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             maybe in buttfsck missouri nude is not accepted - (boxley)
                     She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Meerkat) - (4)
                         Re: She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Not even sure if SuperBowl was shown on free-to-air TV - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                 Ah ok, that helps - (Nightowl)
                         Same here - (pwhysall)
         I don't see this as true censorship. - (rickw) - (3)
             I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (rickw) - (1)
                     so rush limbough should be off the air as well? -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Howard Stern yanked - (pwhysall) - (12)
             You obviously listened ;-) - (bepatient) - (11)
                 he wasnt "over the edge" he has used those same - (boxley) - (10)
                     Point boxley. - (Silverlock)
                     Greaseman??? - (bepatient) - (8)
                         sorry greaseman - (boxley) - (1)
                             That was a good one! - (bepatient)
                         Isn't the 'real'-ish problem that, you can't legislate - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Thats just it... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 No, actually I don't 'equate' such. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     That corporate bland is what we get >today< - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         No, he really *isn't* - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (bepatient)
         Hey Boxley... you might be interested in this - (Nightowl) - (1)
             stern lost 6 of 40+ stations - (boxley)

She's kinda got that "tornado bait before the DingDongs work their magic" look.
82 ms