IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't see this as true censorship.
Pussy jokes don't really SAY anything. Neither does talking to a nude stripper about her titjob. Nor did his E! show segement where he fondled Jenny McCarthy's new boobjob onair and talked about it for 20 minutes.

I listened/watched for 3 days to see what all the fame is about. I gave him 3 days to see if I could "get" it. I think I do get it, and from what I saw/heard, there's no expression, just crude nonsense.

Howard might be capable of articulate thought and speech. That isn't it though.

Then there's the difference between government and private sector censorship. This is of course a bit of both--that could make an interesting conversation.
WWJD? JWRTFM.
New I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell
I listened/watched for 3 days to see what all the fame is about. I gave them 3 days to see if I could "get" it. I think I do get it, and from what I saw/heard, there's no expression, just crude nonsense.

Yet you do not see me crusading to remove Robertson/Foulwell/Thrush from annoying MY airwaves. Level playing field folks, thats all
play in yer own sandbox and leave mine alone
thanx,
bill
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell
The fact is, I agree with your statement re sandboxes. That's a different issue though. While I haven't given televangalists the same 3-day chance, I suspect that they _say_ something. Religious mumbling, while frequently reactionary, judgemental, thickheaded, and exclusionary, at least expresses an opinion. I don't see fart jokes doing the same.

However, webster defines "censoring" as "to examine in order to suppress or delete anything considered objectionable"

So, my original statement is incorrect, as that's exactly what happened.

The spirit of what I said, though, still holds: I don't consider this censorship that is wrong or sinister. At a certain point, I believe that the removal of non-speech from public media is good; I think that's the case here. I'd never tell Howard what to think or not to think, or what to say/not say in private. I believe in a slightly higher standard for public airwaves though.

WWJD? JWRTFM.
New so rush limbough should be off the air as well?
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Howard Stern yanked - (deSitter) - (51)
         pre-election sanctimony - (hnick)
         Ran him out of Denver after Columbine -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (8)
             And good riddance - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 Funny you should say that - (Nightowl) - (6)
                     What's the point of even turning the radio on? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Well, I have reasons to - (Nightowl)
                     Say WHAT?!? - (jb4) - (3)
                         Re: Say WHAT?!? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Thanks. You're right: He's whacked! - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Believe me, we tried - (Nightowl)
         I'm proud of them - (Nightowl) - (21)
             You would be. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Proud of what? I dont find Stern indecent or Bubba - (boxley) - (8)
                 No thanks, I like Nightowl - (Nightowl)
                 It's not that he's rude - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     much prefered bubba over stern - (boxley) - (5)
                         If you read my post more closely - (Nightowl) - (4)
                             church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (boxley) - (3)
                                 church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                     the fines were just announced and you being in the business - (boxley) - (1)
                                         ...fines were just announced and you being in the business - (Nightowl)
             Agree but wouldn't say it was indecent - (deSitter) - (10)
                 I understand that - (Nightowl) - (9)
                     You're female, right? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         naw she smells a fart and thinks its roses by conditioning -NT - (boxley)
                         Re: You're female, right? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             maybe in buttfsck missouri nude is not accepted - (boxley)
                     She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Meerkat) - (4)
                         Re: She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Not even sure if SuperBowl was shown on free-to-air TV - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                 Ah ok, that helps - (Nightowl)
                         Same here - (pwhysall)
         I don't see this as true censorship. - (rickw) - (3)
             I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (rickw) - (1)
                     so rush limbough should be off the air as well? -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Howard Stern yanked - (pwhysall) - (12)
             You obviously listened ;-) - (bepatient) - (11)
                 he wasnt "over the edge" he has used those same - (boxley) - (10)
                     Point boxley. - (Silverlock)
                     Greaseman??? - (bepatient) - (8)
                         sorry greaseman - (boxley) - (1)
                             That was a good one! - (bepatient)
                         Isn't the 'real'-ish problem that, you can't legislate - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Thats just it... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 No, actually I don't 'equate' such. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     That corporate bland is what we get >today< - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         No, he really *isn't* - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (bepatient)
         Hey Boxley... you might be interested in this - (Nightowl) - (1)
             stern lost 6 of 40+ stations - (boxley)

Hate to have a typo or spelling error made immortal by the LRPD.
338 ms