IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Agree but wouldn't say it was indecent
..just bad taste of the worst sort - and in any case unseemly in a 50 year old. Could be he should attempt to somewhat grow up.

Once he made light of his own wife's abortion on the air. Ugh.
-drl
New I understand that
I however do not know what constitutes "indecency" despite reading the definitions from the FCC etc. Bottom line is that indecency is a personal choice as to whether something is indecent. The FCC is trying to make it a one-definition thing that applies across the board, and bear in mind that they are also working with the new rules, because what was indecent way back then, isn't not. It's a constantly changing definition, which is why it's so tricky.

I never have listened to Howard Stern, or Bubba or whatever. I'm not big on talk shows of any sort other than Letterman, and he sometimes gets raunchy, but he's on late at night, so that makes a huge difference.

Janet Jackson pushed the envelope, crossed the line, whatever, and she changed the world for it. What's funny is it is believed she thought it would enhance her career, but it's actually getting worse. She was removed from a film as a choice for it, and asked to stand down from something else. She is taking a lot of heat, not gaining a lot of good publicity for her stunt.

Same for Justin, he has been looked down upon and also was asked not to participate in something he was going to be in. If in retrospect either of these two had had a clue what they were about to cause to happen, both to their careers AND the broadcasting industry, one wonders if they might have NOT done it.

Then again... who knows.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New You're female, right?
You appear to have bought the popular nattering about this spectacularly trivial event.. a sub-part of another spectacularly vulgar overblown Contest among colorfully clad millionaires. Now a Sacred Event?

Only in Murica is this nudity-fetish [body=sin] able to galvanize such sanctimonious and unending BS: a culture which Sells Everything via Sex, but pretends that it doesn't. Is that clinical insanity or just terminal bogosity?

While I didn't see the SB Spectacular - I get what the Puritan brouhaha is about. Now unless you want to accept invention/ supposition/ hearsay of a 'staged thing', or even of such a thing gone awry by bad dressage:

What you all saw was fucking Sexual Battery: in lieu of any *proof* of it being premeditated. *HE* ACTED. Period.

So how is it that the focus is on This Woman and zippo, nada, NIL = NOT! on the vacuous no-talent pretty boy who performed the deed? <<< because THAT is the way I've seen this vapid little nothingness played out since.
{Along with overtones of racism and standard Murican massive sanctimony}

That's akin to standard Murican blame-the-rapee because "she shouldn't have worn those Hot Pants!" or "been there" or.. teased those poor schmuck males what can't control theyselves; they be such babies. yada & yada.

And since when *is* a human breast 'obscene' or 'indecent' - shall we bring back the no nursing of lecherous nipple-sucking babies in public Lynch Laws too? These are Giant blab-words hurled about as-if any TWO people might share anything like a similar definition. That is the 'definition' precisely of: a blab word.

"nuclear weapon" - now THAT'S OBSCENE, if you have problems telling.

I don't think you have the foggiest idea! of the can of worms your casual 'opinion' opens - when you "think it's a pretty good idea" for {SomeOne in Government\ufffd} to Crack Down. You've simply missed the entire history of Blue Nose censorship. The problem of 'democracy' has always been the protecting of the minority from the Farmily Valuez of the majority mob. aka Homogenization to the lowest common denominator: by law. It still *is* The Problem.

{sheesh}

Ashton
New naw she smells a fart and thinks its roses by conditioning
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: You're female, right?
Last I looked, yep.

You appear to have bought the popular nattering about this spectacularly trivial event.. a sub-part of another spectacularly vulgar overblown Contest among colorfully clad millionaires. Now a Sacred Event?

I haven't bought into anything. I didn't appreciate seeing it myself, but I've never been one for nudity in any media form. I just ain't interested. The issue of sex may be overblown in the media and nation and culture, but I could care less. Sex is just one factor in my marriage and my life, nothing I care about is built on or around just sexual activity.

While I didn't see the SB Spectacular - I get what the Puritan brouhaha is about. Now unless you want to accept invention/ supposition/ hearsay of a 'staged thing', or even of such a thing gone awry by bad dressage:

I do accept invention of it, because they both admitted it. And I don't know why you think it is only focusing on Janet, because it most certainly is not. Justin has been taking a lot of heat from it as well, even was pulled from a show he was gonna be part of, and Janet lost a part in a movie over this. Maybe it isn't as trotted out in the media about Justin because Janet is oh so much more exciting to discuss, but Justin is regretting having been part of it, more and more every day.

And since when *is* a human breast 'obscene' or 'indecent' - shall we bring back the no nursing of lecherous nipple-sucking babies in public Lynch Laws too? These are Giant blab-words hurled about as-if any TWO people might share anything like a similar definition. That is the 'definition' precisely of: a blab word.

Public nudity has always been considered taboo or over the top, or obscene if you will. It has never been an acceptable way to conduct oneself in public. I didn't decide that, it's been that way for years.

I don't think you have the foggiest idea! of the can of worms your casual 'opinion' opens - when you "think it's a pretty good idea" for {SomeOne in Government?} to Crack Down. You've simply missed the entire history of Blue Nose censorship. The problem of 'democracy' has always been the protecting of the minority from the Farmily Valuez of the majority mob. aka Homogenization to the lowest common denominator: by law. It still *is* The Problem.

I didn't open any can of worms. Opinions don't open cans of worms, they open flame threads. Only actions open cans of worms, and I wasn't carrying my can opener. ;)

Sheesh yourself.

Nightowl >8#

"To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are."
Eric Hoffer
New maybe in buttfsck missouri nude is not accepted
in the rest of the america seeing a kid sucking on a tit is not. walking by the atm saw a couple (hope male and female) at any rate the males behind the wheel was getting a hummer at 9am. I didnt see others around hauling out cellphones to call the cops. Nawlins gives you beads for hanging you teats out for show and in alaska we have people whho fly in from all over to watch strippers. So maybe in buttfuck missouri you bumpkins are too inbred to appreciate nudity but the rest of us just want to know in advance.

thanx,
bill
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New She didn't 'change the world', I'd say
We Australians just sorta went 'Oh look, a tit', and moved on.
It's the US reaction, rather than the event itself, that's been making the news over here.

John. Busy lad.
New Re: She didn't 'change the world', I'd say
Don't you have an equivalent of the FCC? How did it react?

I wasn't talking about the people of the world, I was talking about the FCC and rules of broadcasting. :)

Nightowl >8#

Eric Hoffer
New Not even sure if SuperBowl was shown on free-to-air TV
Gridiron doesn't get much of a look-in here - it's not cricket, or Rugby League, or Aussie Rules football. Or motor racing, of tennis, or basketball, ...

But the news at the time carried the story in an 'amused' tone rather than anything serious.

I think our equivalent of the FCC would be the ABA - [link|http://www.aba.gov.au|Australian Broadcasting Authority]. They list the complaints they have received - a search on Janet Jackson brought up 0 results. The ABA tend to concern themselves with stuff that, IMO, matters. Like, broadcasters endorsing products but not disclosing the fact they were paid to make those endorsements.
Many of hte complaints from the public concern excessive violence being shown at an inappropriate hour. Anyway, it's all there on the web site.

I wasn't talking about the people of the world, I was talking about the FCC and rules of broadcasting. :)

Cool, that makes much more sense.

Heck, there have even been boobies seen on prime-time TV here. Even on a mid-day talk show that had an expert body-painter in, and the models were wearing, well, only paint. No one batted an eyelid so far as I can remember.

So yeah, the general reaction to Janet & Justin was: no big deal.

Once a TV personality was banned for saying 'Farrrrrrrrrk' on TV (allegedly he was imitating a birdcall). But this was in the seventies, and he was back on air a few years later.
John. Busy lad.
New Ah ok, that helps
Thanks for explaining all that, and sorry I wasn't more specific in the first post.

Nightowl >8#

Eric Hoffer
New Same here
"Wouldn't make page 3" was one comment I've heard :)

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home Page - Now with added Zing!]
     Howard Stern yanked - (deSitter) - (51)
         pre-election sanctimony - (hnick)
         Ran him out of Denver after Columbine -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (8)
             And good riddance - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                 Funny you should say that - (Nightowl) - (6)
                     What's the point of even turning the radio on? - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Well, I have reasons to - (Nightowl)
                     Say WHAT?!? - (jb4) - (3)
                         Re: Say WHAT?!? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Thanks. You're right: He's whacked! - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Believe me, we tried - (Nightowl)
         I'm proud of them - (Nightowl) - (21)
             You would be. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Proud of what? I dont find Stern indecent or Bubba - (boxley) - (8)
                 No thanks, I like Nightowl - (Nightowl)
                 It's not that he's rude - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     much prefered bubba over stern - (boxley) - (5)
                         If you read my post more closely - (Nightowl) - (4)
                             church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (boxley) - (3)
                                 church lady, think david spade in drag Saterday Nite Live - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                     the fines were just announced and you being in the business - (boxley) - (1)
                                         ...fines were just announced and you being in the business - (Nightowl)
             Agree but wouldn't say it was indecent - (deSitter) - (10)
                 I understand that - (Nightowl) - (9)
                     You're female, right? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         naw she smells a fart and thinks its roses by conditioning -NT - (boxley)
                         Re: You're female, right? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             maybe in buttfsck missouri nude is not accepted - (boxley)
                     She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Meerkat) - (4)
                         Re: She didn't 'change the world', I'd say - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Not even sure if SuperBowl was shown on free-to-air TV - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                 Ah ok, that helps - (Nightowl)
                         Same here - (pwhysall)
         I don't see this as true censorship. - (rickw) - (3)
             I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: I watched Pat Robertson and Foulwell - (rickw) - (1)
                     so rush limbough should be off the air as well? -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Howard Stern yanked - (pwhysall) - (12)
             You obviously listened ;-) - (bepatient) - (11)
                 he wasnt "over the edge" he has used those same - (boxley) - (10)
                     Point boxley. - (Silverlock)
                     Greaseman??? - (bepatient) - (8)
                         sorry greaseman - (boxley) - (1)
                             That was a good one! - (bepatient)
                         Isn't the 'real'-ish problem that, you can't legislate - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Thats just it... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 No, actually I don't 'equate' such. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     That corporate bland is what we get >today< - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         No, he really *isn't* - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (bepatient)
         Hey Boxley... you might be interested in this - (Nightowl) - (1)
             stern lost 6 of 40+ stations - (boxley)

What?!? They don't trust you with their knobs?!?
81 ms