IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have had nightmares about that
going to the local St. Louis Delphi User's group and a bunch of Vikings telling me to POAD and STFU and throwing Delphi trial disks at me, and telling me to "Learn a real language!" or "Go back to Visual BASIC you Dockers wearing dork!". That is the image of the Delphi Developer that you have put into my mind currently.

All they had for the Delphi 7 trial download was "Architect Trial" and of course I had to register an account with Borland, answer 20 questions, and tell them not to spam me, and then they will email me a registration key to unlock the CD for the trial peroid. Once that is over, I am sure someone is going to call me from Borland and ask me if I want to buy a copy. Of course, knowing my fincial situation, I wouldn't be able to afford the $100 or $300 or whatever they want for the full version (non-trial unlock code or whatever) because I don't get a disability check until June 2003, and my wife has to work extra over time so we don't lose the house until then.

So I am downloading the trial, and registering for the code. I will at least give it a try, unlike Squeak, I think Delphi 7 has a setup wizard and a built in tutorial that should be easier for me to find or get to.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New Another free Smalltalk
Try [link|http://www.cincom.com/scripts/smalltalk.dll/downloads/index.ssp?content=smalltalk|VisualWorks]. It's free for non-commercial use. You do have to register, but, on the plus side, you get a CD image that has real setup in it. CD actually has 2 Smalltalk environments: VisualWorks and ObjectStudio. I only tried VisualWorks. Take your pick.
--

We have only 2 things to worry about: That
things will never get back to normal, and that they already have.
     I'm spoiled by the VB IDE - (orion) - (40)
         Norm, this does NOT count as improvement - (ben_tilly) - (23)
             I am having a problem finding the right language tool - (orion) - (10)
                 Did you notice the irony? - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                     All I want - (orion) - (8)
                         Given your constraints - (ChrisR) - (7)
                             His problem is simple - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                 Quite - (deSitter)
                                 OK - this is the thing - Norman Look HERE. - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                     That's exactly the same as Kylix / Delphi - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         But there are free things out there - (orion)
                                     Re: OK - this is the thing - Norman Look HERE. - (orion)
                             It may be best if I wait - (orion)
             If you read rest of the thread - (Ashton) - (11)
                 I don't - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                     Either way I lose - (orion) - (9)
                         STOP WHINING! - (deSitter) - (8)
                             It is hard - (orion)
                             look at the bright side - (boxley) - (1)
                                 One way to look at it - (orion)
                             Sorry to hear about the leg... - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                 Better today - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     I used to work with a guy who lost his arm - (orion) - (2)
                                         Lefty - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Actually it was his left arm he lost - (orion)
         Sheesh... I've said this a zillion times already: - (CRConrad) - (8)
             Re: Sheesh... I've said this a zillion times already: - (orion) - (5)
                 NOTHING in life is "free", you goddam stupid whiner! - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Yes it is - (orion)
                     CRC would make such a great mental therapist -NT - (tablizer) - (2)
                         Oh, I'm "mental" all right, but "a therapist"? :-) - (CRConrad)
                         More like the reverse of one - (orion)
             I have had nightmares about that - (orion) - (1)
                 Another free Smalltalk - (Arkadiy)
         What happened with Squeak? - (tuberculosis) - (6)
             I downloaded it - (orion) - (5)
                 Don't give up so easily - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                     You have to understand - (orion) - (3)
                         You have just given intelligible reasons for - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Another feild - (orion)
                         Well there's a start - (tuberculosis)

But don't you come 'round here thinking you can add to the Holy Fortune Cookies.
161 ms