IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Here's another one for you, Rick!
Okay, since I can't seem to read Karsten's email attachment yet, I'll take care of this loose end instead.

Owl wrote:>>You repeating over and over that it was a dumb idea in the first place to expect him to ask...<<

Rick wrote:>>Incorrect. I didn't say this even once. You might want to re-read.<<

Instances where you said expecting Karsten to ask was dumb:

FIRST ONE
Bill Patient wrote:>>However, the readership reacted to the first instance quickly and imo didn't leave alot of ambiguity...Karsten was asked to not do it again.<<

Rick wrote:>>When one person makes a dumb and meritless request of me, I ignore it. When ten others join him, I ignore ten people. A hundred people ask?
I ignore a hundred people. Perhaps your policy differs?<<

SECOND ONE
Brad wrote:>>What part of "please don't do it again" was unclear the first time?<<

Rick wrote:>>What part of "it was dumb" was unclear at any time?<<

THIRD ONE
Brad wrote:>>We went through this once before.<<

Rick wrote:>>And it was dumb then.<<

All of these were taken from the November Archives on the mailing list.

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Personally, I wish
1). That the noise over the incident would evaporate.

2). Karsten would come back. His is a voice that I don't relish going away - IMHO, he's a top notch open source advocate.

3). Solve the problem: Set up an email account for iwethey.org as some have suggested for the purpose that Karsten proposed. I think Karsten has a valid idea. Still, it's probably best not to bother the vtlug.org list with such things.

Perhaps your analysis can be used to further these ends. But I'm not one that particularly cares to assess blame. Either there's a solution or there's not. But that's problem just the boolean logic coming from the programmer in me.
New Re: Personally, I wish
1). That the noise over the incident would evaporate.

I hope so too. I think I covered the last thing Rick demanded me to validate.

2). Karsten would come back. His is a voice that I don't relish going away - IMHO, he's a top notch open source advocate.

I wish he would come back too, and that I could find out what the message was he tried to send to me.

3). Solve the problem: Set up an email account for iwethey.org as some have suggested for the purpose that Karsten proposed. I think Karsten has a valid idea. Still, it's probably best not to bother the vtlug.org list with such things.

I hope that can happen too.

Perhaps your analysis can be used to further these ends. But I'm not one that particularly cares to assess blame. Either there's a solution or there's not. But that's problem just the boolean logic coming from the programmer in me.

I'm NOT trying to assess blame whatsoever. I have not even given a position on the original mess, I was just challenged by Rick to explain where my views were taken from, and I answered that challenge.

I'm done, next move is Rick's.

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New That has alwas been the consensus
3). Solve the problem: Set up an email account for iwethey.org as some have suggested for the purpose that Karsten proposed. I think Karsten has a valid idea. Still, it's probably best not to bother the vtluug.org list with such things.
Its easier to remember and it eliminates the need to have 50-odd people get confirmation messages they don't want. As long as iwethey.org remains intact, that account remains active. Even Rick has stated he would have done it this way.

It is a technically superior solution in that...

1) Its easier for the users
2) Its standard addressing aligns with the web presence
3) Noone need see anything until Karsten has updated his resource list, at whcih point he can post once to the boards and once to the list to inform of any updates.

Karsten does alot for this community and I know he considered this another valuable resource...and all the noise was not about anything other than methodology.

I don't even pretend to understand the reaction. But I have been put in my place and will remain there until told otherwise.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New This...
iwethey@iwethey.org

has been a valid e-mail address since March 14, 2003.

Any ideas as to we can do with it?
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
New One or 2 things come to mind. Smartypants.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Any way to set up a web page...
...that echoes the messages received at that account?
New Maybe...
We shall see.

Have to be Next week.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
     (Does) IT Eat Its Own? - (Ashton) - (103)
         Re: (Does) IT Eat Its Own? - (deSitter) - (2)
             Correction. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: Correction. - (deSitter)
         Seconded - (jbrabeck)
         Aye. - (imric) - (2)
             Plea to all of Karsten's friends/followers - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 Sent... - (imric)
         Re: (Does) IT Eat Its Own? - (Nightowl)
         My two cents ( was Re: (Does) IT Eat Its Own?) - (Nightowl) - (87)
             Banned? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Happens a lot in the Yahoo Groups - (orion)
                 Re: Banned? - (Nightowl)
             More two cents - (orion)
             Correction: Nobody was banned - (rickmoen) - (82)
                 Karsten's reasons are in 125001 - (Another Scott)
                 Uh Rick? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     Yeah, you're right - (rickmoen)
                 Riiighhht - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Ah, here we have Mister Constructive! - (rickmoen) - (1)
                         Of course you aren't. - (bepatient)
                 Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (Nightowl) - (74)
                     Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (rickmoen) - (73)
                         Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (bepatient)
                         Unfortunately. - (bepatient) - (70)
                             Finally read it all ( was Re: Unfortunately.) - (Nightowl) - (67)
                                 Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (rickmoen) - (65)
                                     Rofl - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Well, the mob mascot speaks! - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                             Nope, not at all. - (bepatient)
                                     Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (Nightowl) - (61)
                                         Darn it. - (bepatient)
                                         Time for a new name: Raptor -NT - (drewk) - (10)
                                             Re: Time for a new name: Raptor - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                                 Compliment, definitely -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Re: Compliment, definitely - (Nightowl)
                                                 Raptor means... - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                     Re: Raptor means... - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                         Well, yes. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                             Re: Well, yes. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                                 This hasn't been ... - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                     +5 Inciteful -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     Re: This hasn't been ... - (Nightowl)
                                         Nightey's FIRIN'! - (jb4) - (2)
                                             Wow.... I'm surprised ( was Re: Nightey's FIRIN'!) - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                 of risks and risks - (cforde)
                                         You can admin my board anytime. :) -NT - (FuManChu)
                                         Okay... this is getting frightening.... - (folkert)
                                         We need more of this (new thread) - (drewk)
                                         Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (rickmoen) - (42)
                                             Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (deSitter)
                                             You can leave me out of this...you're dealing with the Owl. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Fear the ^(O,O)wl -NT - (deSitter)
                                             Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (Nightowl) - (37)
                                                 Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (rickmoen) - (12)
                                                     Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                         Here you go, Rick! - (Nightowl)
                                                         Heads Up, Raptorous One (new thread) - (Ashton)
                                                     Small point - (drewk)
                                                     Here's another one for you, Rick! - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                                         Personally, I wish - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                                             Re: Personally, I wish - (Nightowl)
                                                             That has alwas been the consensus - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 This... - (folkert) - (3)
                                                                     One or 2 things come to mind. Smartypants. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     Any way to set up a web page... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                                         Maybe... - (folkert)
                                                 It get better and better - (broomberg) - (21)
                                                     Re: It get better and better - (Nightowl) - (20)
                                                         You go girl! - (static) - (19)
                                                             Re: You go girl! - (Nightowl) - (16)
                                                                 Mailing list. - (static) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Mailing list. - (Nightowl)
                                                                 The dates you're looking for... - (Yendor) - (13)
                                                                     Re: The dates you're looking for... - (Nightowl) - (11)
                                                                         I've GOT THEM! ( was Re: The dates you're looking for...) - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                                             I admire your tenacity. - (static) - (9)
                                                                                 Re: I admire your tenacity. - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                                                                     Your research abilities are to be admired. - (hnick) - (7)
                                                                                         ObLRPD: Eat your failures. -NT - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                                             Re: ObLRPD: Eat your failures. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                                                 Obligatory LRPD -NT - (ChrisR)
                                                                                         Re: Your research abilities are to be admired. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                                                             The official policy... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                                                                 ObLRPD: But don't get all fretty-pants on us. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                     ObLRPD: Loose the Hounds! -NT - (folkert)
                                                                     That reminds me, Rick... - (Nightowl)
                                                             I think I found it, Wade. ( was Re: You go girl!) - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                 That's how it began, yes. - (static)
                                                 Damn....You're good! - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     Re: Damn....You're good! - (Nightowl)
                                             Rick's Patented Strawman Attack(tm) -NT - (folkert)
                                 Hey, Nightey.....GREAT Post! - (jb4)
                             Not so fast, buddy - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                 That says it all, really. - (FuManChu)
                 thanx for adding monkeys, goats and footballs to the mix - (boxley)
         Whole thing was stupid - (tuberculosis)
         Well said, Ashton! - (a6l6e6x)
         I didn't get a vote, either. - (static)
         After some reflection on the question - (hnick) - (3)
             100% Correct. -NT - (pwhysall)
             ...and too stubborn to Let. It. Go. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Awomen. -NT - (Ashton)

HELLO MIKE, I CONTACTING YOU ABOUT A CONSULTING OPPORTUNITY AT NIGERIA.
246 ms