I did read it - it was excruciatingly clear - the list address is potential doorway to miners and spammers and is the public joint property of the list members, who were rightly annoyed IF that property was used without their agreement not once but TWICE - that is their side of the story, and it needs no explanation and there are no dire motives behind it. There was a chap in the physics dept. who I shared an office with, who would just drop by and borrow my books without asking, or leaf through things on my desk - it was damned annoying and I put an end to it. "If you want to borrow a book, ask me first" - that is not hard to comprehend.

Everyone here has the greatest respect for K and his efforts - but this, IF it happened as outlined, is very clear cut. Now, K says it did NOT happen the way the one side is saying it did, but as I have never been involved with the list, I can't say anything about that.

In the entire thing, what most annoys me is that one person in particular, who was well-liked and was with us from the start, does not even bother to show up here EVER yet adopts a high moral tone about this community.

I've met Bill and Scott etc. - they are adults without dire motives or totalitarian leanings. Bill *really is* the soul of patience. If he's annoyed, he has a good reason to be annoyed - even if it is ultimately based on a misunderstanding, as K maintains.