IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: It get better and better
Not that I was enjoying the initial cause, but I am enjoying this.

I would have been quite happy for this to disappear, for people to apologize, and for Karsten to come back. I am still hopeful. Yeah, Yaz is a SOB, and there seems to be far more personal grudge than anything else going here, but it seemed to start to ease down.

Well, I still hope Karsten decides to come back. Not being a good moderator is not a good cause to stay away, not everyone is cut out for the job.

But then it seems people started picking at the wounds.

Actually, it was Ashton that got me interested enough to go read it and examine the situation, when he asked for other people's opinions and votes in another post. :)

Owl: I am impressed.

Thanks. :)

Rick: She's SMOKING you.

Ya think? ;)

You started off as a condenscending insulting asshole, and got worse from there. She's replying with well thought out logic and citations.

Okay, I might faint... someone said I have LOGIC.... heheh!

You can't disavow things you write. Simple, straightforward, no chance. Admit you were provoking for the fun of it, and move on. We all do it. But sometimes it crosses the line, people freak out , and leave. Often people we don't want to. Or at least, not that we want to while being blamed for it. So accept it went too far, and move on.

Yep. That would be a really good move.

Smile, shrug, say: YA GOT ME!

Or be taken apart by someone you consider emotionally and intellectually inferior. Or at least that is what you allude to, and in a typically indefensable way. No plausable deniability.

Please continue.

Well, I'll continue as long as it seems to be in order to do so, and as long as the admins on this list don't want the issue to drop. I would completely understand if they did, and would immediately respect their wishes.

Seems to me that Rick was told more or less to drop the topic on the mailing list, so he drug it over here to keep it going. Hopefully it will soon die a natural and quite ordinary death. Meanwhile, I'm glad I'm providing entertainment. ;)

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New You go girl!
Whilst I admire Rick's technical prowess and depth of knowledge he has a uniquely irritating message style when in high-dudgeon where he strongly resists advice and (dare I say it) correction. Nice to see someone take him on, so to speak.

(If you'd gone back far enough in the archives, you would have seen my spat with him.)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Re: You go girl!
Whilst I admire Rick's technical prowess and depth of knowledge he has a uniquely irritating message style when in high-dudgeon where he strongly resists advice and (dare I say it) correction. Nice to see someone take him on, so to speak.

Thanks, Wade. :)

(If you'd gone back far enough in the archives, you would have seen my spat with him.)

Which Archives? Here or the mailing list? I'm currently in May 2001 of the mailing list. (reading from 2001 to now)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Mailing list.
It would take me too long to find when, but I'm fairly sure it was since May 2001.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

New Re: Mailing list.
It would take me too long to find when, but I'm fairly sure it was since May 2001.

Then I'll get to it at some point, I have all night to read. :)

Thanks! :)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New The dates you're looking for...
...are last December sometime. I think I recall it being somewhere around December 6th or so.

You'll note that the list archive monthlies stop from sometime mid-2002, and resume mid-2003. Ish. The only way to see those messages is to download the entire archives in mbox format (linked at the top of the archives page, I believe), and scroll through 'em that way.
-YendorMike

[link|http://www.hope-ride.org/|http://www.hope-ride.org/]
New Re: The dates you're looking for...
...are last December sometime. I think I recall it being somewhere around December 6th or so.

You'll note that the list archive monthlies stop from sometime mid-2002, and resume mid-2003. Ish. The only way to see those messages is to download the entire archives in mbox format (linked at the top of the archives page, I believe), and scroll through 'em that way.

Ahhh, ok, well, I'd have to get John to help me accomplish that, I think, I don't have a clue how to download something, and I usually don't download anything without his help.

Thanks Yendor, that's a real help! I just read ALL the rest of the archives. ;)

Nightowl >8#

P.S. I also emailed Rob, I got his email from the list. :)

Comment by Nightowl
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 13, 2003, 02:06:00 AM EST
New I've GOT THEM! ( was Re: The dates you're looking for...)

John helped me download it this morning before he left for work, and I'm about to have breakfast and read!

Thanks again, Yendor!!!!

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New I admire your tenacity.
Reading all that old email, that is.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

New Re: I admire your tenacity.
Thanks. :) One thing I love is research, so it was right up my alley.

Nightowl >8#

P.S. I have to admit though, a lot of it was techno-greek to me. ;)

Comment by Nightowl
New Your research abilities are to be admired.
You might extend your lines of research to determine exactly whom it is useful to argue with.
There are some here, Moen one of them, with whom there is no point debating. They are often a good read if you are interested in the topic, but you would have a better chance of changing the Ten Commandments than their viewpoints.
If you are in the pit fighting for points, rock on! If you are trying to establish a meeting of minds to come to conclusions on this, try scrabble with multi-universe dictionaries instead; has better probabilities for success. You cannot out-bombast Moen. Can't. It's a waste of bandwidth.
Please extend your talents and intellect into other topics. You\ufffdre pretty good.
Please let this die on the vine. It\ufffds over. Karsten will come back or not. It\ufffds his choice. He must be aware that he is still welcome. He must be equally aware that some think he is a pain in the ass. He should be used to that by now.
I only note parenthetically that I quite recently have DSL at home, so I can tolerate the right-shift with little pain. A couple of weeks ago, this would have been a severe pain in my ass. Mercy should be given to the low bandwidth guys. If you are going to continue, you might consider starting a new topic like, oh, \ufffdYAN really BIG tempest in a teapot: be prepared to wait for loading\ufffd, 'cause this can grow indefinably. And it will.
You have acquitted yourself well; now quit while it is still your choice. Please. You done good. It\ufffds out of your hands. There are no more points to make. Let it wind out quietly and hopefully some dignity.

Cheers,
Hugh
New ObLRPD: Eat your failures.
New Re: ObLRPD: Eat your failures.
Ahhh. I've been meaning to ask someone, but what is an ObLRPD?

I know what the ICLRPD's are... and what do you mean by "Eat your failures?"

Thanks.

Nightowl >8#

P.S. I still haven't EVER had anyone pick something from what I posted as an LRPD, so I'm still awaiting that revered moment someday. ;)

Comment by Nightowl
New Obligatory LRPD
New Re: Your research abilities are to be admired.
You might extend your lines of research to determine exactly whom it is useful to argue with.

There are some here, Moen one of them, with whom there is no point debating. They are often a good read if you are interested in the topic, but you would have a better chance of changing the Ten Commandments than their viewpoints.

I realize from reading a number of Rick's posts in the mailing list, that he is not someone whom you can get to capitulate or to change his view, and that was not my intent here either. I simply was challenged by him to validate where I "got my info" and I have done so. As I stated in another post, somewhere in here, the next move is his. I'm not interested in a huge flame war or long drawn out debate.

If you are in the pit fighting for points, rock on! If you are trying to establish a meeting of minds to come to conclusions on this, try scrabble with multi-universe dictionaries instead; has better probabilities for success. You cannot out-bombast Moen. Can't. It's a waste of bandwidth.

I'm not sure what "in the pit fighting for points" means, but if it means was I attempting to justify and back up my statements in here, yes, I was, and I feel that I have, no matter what Rick might come back with. I am not trying to outdo Rick, only clarify where my info came from, and as I said, I believe I have.

Please extend your talents and intellect into other topics. You?re pretty good.

Thanks, I'll try. :)

Please let this die on the vine. It?s over. Karsten will come back or not. It?s his choice. He must be aware that he is still welcome. He must be equally aware that some think he is a pain in the ass. He should be used to that by now.

Well, I am still interested in knowing what Karsten wants to "correct" regarding my statements, but as with Rick, the next move is Karsten's. I challenged him to come back here and tell me what he was wanting to tell me. Guess we'll see.

I only note parenthetically that I quite recently have DSL at home, so I can tolerate the right-shift with little pain. A couple of weeks ago, this would have been a severe pain in my ass. Mercy should be given to the low bandwidth guys. If you are going to continue, you might consider starting a new topic like, oh, ?YAN really BIG tempest in a teapot: be prepared to wait for loading?, 'cause this can grow indefinably. And it will.

Well, I thought at least TWICE about making a new thread, because I know people do not like the left shift, but last time I tried making a new thread, someone chewed me out for branching out the topic... so I'm not sure what the policy on that is. But if Rick comes in and replies, I'll probably start a new thread IF I deem there is anything worth replying to in his posts.

You have acquitted yourself well; now quit while it is still your choice. Please. You done good. It?s out of your hands. There are no more points to make. Let it wind out quietly and hopefully some dignity.

Thanks, and like I said, it's their move, not mine, I've accomplished my goal.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New The official policy...
on the subject of:

someone chewed me out for branching out the topic... so I'm not sure what the policy on that is.

Well there's two official policies on the subject:

1). You're damned if you do; and
2). You're damned if you don't

I don't think we're anywhere close to the left shift records we set with Bryce years ago.

BTW, there is no official policy, unless the LRPD chimes in with an astute observation.
New ObLRPD: But don't get all fretty-pants on us.
New ObLRPD: Loose the Hounds!
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
New That reminds me, Rick...
(Reading the archives, that is),

You mentioned somewhere up above in another post that perhaps I got my ideas from being on AOL or reading it or something?

I have absolutely nothing to do with AOL, never will, never have. It's an internet parasite.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 13, 2003, 02:04:28 AM EST
New I think I found it, Wade. ( was Re: You go girl!)

Was it about Opera Vs Mozilla? If so, I found it. October of 2001. :)

Nightowl >8#

P.S. I prefer Opera over Mozilla too. ;)

Comment by Nightowl
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 13, 2003, 12:57:10 AM EST
New That's how it began, yes.
And then it got silly.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
Please

(Does) IT Eat Its Own? - (Ashton) - (103)
         Re: (Does) IT Eat Its Own? - (deSitter) - (2)
             Correction. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: Correction. - (deSitter)
         Seconded - (jbrabeck)
         Aye. - (imric) - (2)
             Plea to all of Karsten's friends/followers - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 Sent... - (imric)
         Re: (Does) IT Eat Its Own? - (Nightowl)
         My two cents ( was Re: (Does) IT Eat Its Own?) - (Nightowl) - (87)
             Banned? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Happens a lot in the Yahoo Groups - (orion)
                 Re: Banned? - (Nightowl)
             More two cents - (orion)
             Correction: Nobody was banned - (rickmoen) - (82)
                 Karsten's reasons are in 125001 - (Another Scott)
                 Uh Rick? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     Yeah, you're right - (rickmoen)
                 Riiighhht - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Ah, here we have Mister Constructive! - (rickmoen) - (1)
                         Of course you aren't. - (bepatient)
                 Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (Nightowl) - (74)
                     Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (rickmoen) - (73)
                         Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             Re: Correction: Nobody was banned - (bepatient)
                         Unfortunately. - (bepatient) - (70)
                             Finally read it all ( was Re: Unfortunately.) - (Nightowl) - (67)
                                 Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (rickmoen) - (65)
                                     Rofl - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Well, the mob mascot speaks! - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                             Nope, not at all. - (bepatient)
                                     Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (Nightowl) - (61)
                                         Darn it. - (bepatient)
                                         Time for a new name: Raptor -NT - (drewk) - (10)
                                             Re: Time for a new name: Raptor - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                                 Compliment, definitely -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Re: Compliment, definitely - (Nightowl)
                                                 Raptor means... - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                     Re: Raptor means... - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                         Well, yes. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                             Re: Well, yes. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                                 This hasn't been ... - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                     +5 Inciteful -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     Re: This hasn't been ... - (Nightowl)
                                         Nightey's FIRIN'! - (jb4) - (2)
                                             Wow.... I'm surprised ( was Re: Nightey's FIRIN'!) - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                 of risks and risks - (cforde)
                                         You can admin my board anytime. :) -NT - (FuManChu)
                                         Okay... this is getting frightening.... - (folkert)
                                         We need more of this (new thread) - (drewk)
                                         Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (rickmoen) - (42)
                                             Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (deSitter)
                                             You can leave me out of this...you're dealing with the Owl. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Fear the ^(O,O)wl -NT - (deSitter)
                                             Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (Nightowl) - (37)
                                                 Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (rickmoen) - (12)
                                                     Re: Sadly, you've been mislead about what the issue was - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                         Here you go, Rick! - (Nightowl)
                                                         Heads Up, Raptorous One (new thread) - (Ashton)
                                                     Small point - (drewk)
                                                     Here's another one for you, Rick! - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                                         Personally, I wish - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                                             Re: Personally, I wish - (Nightowl)
                                                             That has alwas been the consensus - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 This... - (folkert) - (3)
                                                                     One or 2 things come to mind. Smartypants. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     Any way to set up a web page... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                                         Maybe... - (folkert)
                                                 It get better and better - (broomberg) - (21)
                                                     Re: It get better and better - (Nightowl) - (20)
                                                         You go girl! - (static) - (19)
                                                             Re: You go girl! - (Nightowl) - (16)
                                                                 Mailing list. - (static) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Mailing list. - (Nightowl)
                                                                 The dates you're looking for... - (Yendor) - (13)
                                                                     Re: The dates you're looking for... - (Nightowl) - (11)
                                                                         I've GOT THEM! ( was Re: The dates you're looking for...) - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                                                             I admire your tenacity. - (static) - (9)
                                                                                 Re: I admire your tenacity. - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                                                                     Your research abilities are to be admired. - (hnick) - (7)
                                                                                         ObLRPD: Eat your failures. -NT - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                                             Re: ObLRPD: Eat your failures. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                                                 Obligatory LRPD -NT - (ChrisR)
                                                                                         Re: Your research abilities are to be admired. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                                                             The official policy... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                                                                 ObLRPD: But don't get all fretty-pants on us. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                     ObLRPD: Loose the Hounds! -NT - (folkert)
                                                                     That reminds me, Rick... - (Nightowl)
                                                             I think I found it, Wade. ( was Re: You go girl!) - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                 That's how it began, yes. - (static)
                                                 Damn....You're good! - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     Re: Damn....You're good! - (Nightowl)
                                             Rick's Patented Strawman Attack(tm) -NT - (folkert)
                                 Hey, Nightey.....GREAT Post! - (jb4)
                             Not so fast, buddy - (rickmoen) - (1)
                                 That says it all, really. - (FuManChu)
                 thanx for adding monkeys, goats and footballs to the mix - (boxley)
         Whole thing was stupid - (tuberculosis)
         Well said, Ashton! - (a6l6e6x)
         I didn't get a vote, either. - (static)
         After some reflection on the question - (hnick) - (3)
             100% Correct. -NT - (pwhysall)
             ...and too stubborn to Let. It. Go. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Awomen. -NT - (Ashton)

Loading times for MSN hosted pages are measured in tree-rings.
135 ms