IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New eh? Ive got nought against communism
As practiced by tribal entities in the Arctic it a highly successful model for survival. If a neighbor uses your stuff to further his resources without asking it imposes an obligation to use his stuff. It works extraordinarily well. The elders who over a lifetime have accumulated wealth (money to buy gas boats, small motors etc) are given shared catches, firewood and other usable items they are no longer always capable of doing for themselves. When such systems are brought into large population centers it is hijacked like most religions are by sycophants and abusers who use the system for wholesale theft. Do you thing that Kenneth Lay if born in Russia would not be the minister of energy today? I do. Like all models it has a deficiency, humans run it and selfish is the order of the day. Let me share a quote with you,
Stalin inherited a nation with wooden ploughs and bequeathed a empire armed with atomic weapons. How can you say he lost? The men who came after him - they lost. Not Stalin. Stalin foresaw what would happen, of course. Krushchev, Molotov, Beria, Malenkov-they thought they were hard, but he saw thru them. "After I have gone, the capitalists will drown you like blind kittens"
Robert Harris

Communism is a great system, however when it is practiced those in charge tend to send people like me to the camps immediately.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New Exactly. Communism doesn't recognize that humans are selfish
And as a result, it doesn't work in large doses. In small societies, however, that selfishness prompts the sharing of resources as needed.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     On exporting corporate culture... - (admin) - (44)
         Well as being an generalization - (boxley) - (3)
             Huh... Guess we're looking at a revolution here... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 naw, racial infighting lets the pressure off - (boxley)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
         General agreement, but there are always exceptions. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Re: General agreement, but there are always exceptions. - (admin) - (2)
                 Pax Romana looked different from the ground - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Understand, I'm not making a moral statement. - (admin)
             You're half right - (drewk) - (3)
                 Bingo. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Brin talks about this at length in "The Transparent Society" - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Think I've heard this extrapolation - - (Ashton)
         Not an endorsement of the "corporate mindset"? - (mmoffitt) - (22)
             I'm not entirely convinced about the whole... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 turn the fan on :) - (boxley) - (4)
                     You're a good man, Bill. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         na, If I was single she could have earned the rent :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Ah, but you're not and offered help anyway. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Well done, my friend. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Economics != capitalism - (admin) - (7)
                 Communism=economic model -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     What's your point? -NT - (admin) - (3)
                         pointing out that Mike is not slinging plattitudes - (boxley) - (2)
                             Communism is first and foremost an economic model - (admin) - (1)
                                 fair enuff -NT - (boxley)
                 Read any anthropology? - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Yes. - (admin)
             provenance of profit - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 eh? Ive got nought against communism - (boxley) - (1)
                     Exactly. Communism doesn't recognize that humans are selfish - (admin)
             let rearrange the words a tad - (boxley) - (1)
                 Which brings us to the Information Devolution - (Ashton)
             Do you have kids? - (drewk) - (2)
                 My thoughts were along those lines as well. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     he has kids and we have discussed this before - (boxley)
         hmm..let the ripping begin? - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
             Good point. - (admin) - (7)
                 This is why I have trouble with cute logic - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Nice strawman. - (admin) - (5)
                         Still, and consistently - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Hand waving, IMO. -NT - (admin) - (3)
                                 Yours is the correct thesis in one place - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Says who? - (admin) - (1)
                                         OK you win on semantics - - (Ashton)

use LRPDism;
73 ms