IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New turn the fan on :)
Selfish is a base need. Once selfish is satisfied other folks needs can be seen and assisted. For some selfish rules all Stalin Hitler etc. Others selfish is easily satisfied, mother Teresa, thousands of unknown ordinary people. Charity does not have to be governmentally organised. It begins with individuals seeing a need and thinking of a way to fufil it. Example, today I was walking out of the local county govt offices thinking that the young women in front of me had a nice *** pushing a baby stroller. Being the dirty old man that I am I swung around to see the frontal aspect and noticed she was crying hard, her 2 yr old pretty little girl was smiling in innocence. Asked what was wrong, her husband beat her up, he's in jail. He sent a friend to take the car and she couldnt pay rent. Now WTF do I do? I ask her if she has family. She does about 700 miles away. Gave her my card and told her I could provide bus fare for her to go home. She would think about it she said. Now I could have directed her to a shelter, or a pimp for that matter but the little baby didnt have choices so I offered what I could. Many of us here are the same way but I dont think it could be legislated meaningfully without becoming another beaurocratic fiefdom where the client is the last need to be taken care of. Religious charity can also morph into a fiefdom because the caring people get burned out and the hustlers take over. Jesse the Jackson is a prime example. I think the Jesse Jackson who walked tall beside Dr King would recoil in horror at what he has become today.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New You're a good man, Bill.
New na, If I was single she could have earned the rent :)
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New Ah, but you're not and offered help anyway. :-)
Expand Edited by Another Scott April 8, 2003, 10:52:00 PM EDT
New Well done, my friend.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     On exporting corporate culture... - (admin) - (44)
         Well as being an generalization - (boxley) - (3)
             Huh... Guess we're looking at a revolution here... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 naw, racial infighting lets the pressure off - (boxley)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
         General agreement, but there are always exceptions. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Re: General agreement, but there are always exceptions. - (admin) - (2)
                 Pax Romana looked different from the ground - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Understand, I'm not making a moral statement. - (admin)
             You're half right - (drewk) - (3)
                 Bingo. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Brin talks about this at length in "The Transparent Society" - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Think I've heard this extrapolation - - (Ashton)
         Not an endorsement of the "corporate mindset"? - (mmoffitt) - (22)
             I'm not entirely convinced about the whole... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 turn the fan on :) - (boxley) - (4)
                     You're a good man, Bill. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         na, If I was single she could have earned the rent :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Ah, but you're not and offered help anyway. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Well done, my friend. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Economics != capitalism - (admin) - (7)
                 Communism=economic model -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     What's your point? -NT - (admin) - (3)
                         pointing out that Mike is not slinging plattitudes - (boxley) - (2)
                             Communism is first and foremost an economic model - (admin) - (1)
                                 fair enuff -NT - (boxley)
                 Read any anthropology? - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Yes. - (admin)
             provenance of profit - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 eh? Ive got nought against communism - (boxley) - (1)
                     Exactly. Communism doesn't recognize that humans are selfish - (admin)
             let rearrange the words a tad - (boxley) - (1)
                 Which brings us to the Information Devolution - (Ashton)
             Do you have kids? - (drewk) - (2)
                 My thoughts were along those lines as well. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     he has kids and we have discussed this before - (boxley)
         hmm..let the ripping begin? - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
             Good point. - (admin) - (7)
                 This is why I have trouble with cute logic - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Nice strawman. - (admin) - (5)
                         Still, and consistently - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Hand waving, IMO. -NT - (admin) - (3)
                                 Yours is the correct thesis in one place - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Says who? - (admin) - (1)
                                         OK you win on semantics - - (Ashton)

The Doctor is IN.
74 ms