IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Read enough of it...
http://www.reuters.c...BRE97409R20130805

Wiretap tips forwarded by the SOD usually come from foreign governments, U.S. intelligence agencies or court-authorized domestic phone recordings. Because warrantless eavesdropping on Americans is illegal, tips from intelligence agencies are generally not forwarded to the SOD until a caller's citizenship can be verified, according to one senior law enforcement official and one former U.S. military intelligence analyst.

"They do a pretty good job of screening, but it can be a struggle to know for sure whether the person on a wiretap is American," the senior law enforcement official said.

Tips from domestic wiretaps typically occur when agents use information gleaned from a court-ordered wiretap in one case to start a second investigation.

http://www.balloon-j.../#comment-4569162

The DEA and IRS get the equivalent of anonymous tips when other security agencies find evidence of illegal behavior in their investigations. Is this shocking? They then have to go and do their own investigations and rely solely on their own evidence to do their own law enforcement. Is that shocking? A bunch of people say this is not just legal, but normal and has been done for decades in all branches of law enforcement (the documents that brought it up are undated, so there’s that) and others say it sounds like it’s unconstitutional and could be abused in technical legal ways. Fair enough, get a court to rule on it. No, this does not fit into some overarching picture of the NSA abusing its powers.

Lots of nuance gets lost when reporters post sensational stories. Sometimes the nuance isn't important. Sometimes it is.

Which is it here? I dunno. I'm not willing to set my hair on fire over this without more information. YMMV.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Why I do not trust them.
Viola Liuzzo.
That night, Liuzzo, tired but exhilarated, shuttled local marchers back to their homes. A car filled with Ku Klux Klan members tried to force her off the road. Finally, they pulled alongside Liuzzo's car and shot her in her head. The 39-year-old died instantly.
Then, there were the rumors: After Viola Liuzzo's death, there were newspaper reports that Liuzzo had gone south to meet and have sex with black men. Another rumor claimed she was a drug addict. And the July 1965 issue of The Ladies' Home Journal published a poll that asked if readers thought Liuzzo was a good mother. Fifty-five percent didn't. ("I feel sorry for what happened," said one woman in a focus group convened to talk about the Liuzzo story, "but I feel she should have stayed home and minded her own business.")

The family couldn't figure out why anyone would say such things. Then, when the Klansmen were put on trial for Liuzzo's death, they learned that a key witness was a paid FBI informant who had been in the Klansmen's car. Years later, the family sought to have Liuzzo's FBI file opened. They finally succeeded, and that's when they discovered that the rumors about her had come directly from J. Edgar Hoover. The family believes the FBI director was desperate to divert attention from the agency by smearing her.

http://www.npr.org/b...everybody-s-fight

NEVER underestimate what those bastards in that Yankee government are capable of.
New I guess you live in fear of nuclear war, too.
Hoover was an abomination and had a lifetime appointment.

Things change.

Cheers,
Scott.
New He may be gone. But his institution thrives.
I get your point though, Polly Anna. All the bad guys are gone now, right?
New Absolutely. We live in the best of all possible worlds...
New And I'm sure this means nothing to you as well
https://www.techdirt...s-miserably.shtml

Math, it's not that hard, at least for those who look.
New Slow news day, I guess.
New one figure in there is wrong
the percentage of email that is spam is in the high 90 percentile, not 68.7%
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Obama Admin releases legal rationale for Sec 215 metadata... - (Another Scott) - (31)
         perhaps it sounds fine on paper - (boxley)
         Sometimes nuance is good; sometimes it's irrelevant flimflam - (CRConrad) - (29)
             William of Ockham would like a word. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                 the president has publically stated that they collect - (boxley) - (27)
                     They can't use the data without a national-security reason. - (Another Scott) - (26)
                         Puhleeze - (crazy) - (25)
                             How has your on-life changed since 10/26/2001? - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                 Here's the numbers. Feel free to make up your own. - (crazy) - (23)
                                     Then what? - (Another Scott) - (22)
                                         They don't just sit around or do anything they want without - (boxley) - (10)
                                             Then what? - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                 You OBVIOUSLY did not read this - (crazy) - (8)
                                                     Read enough of it... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                         Why I do not trust them. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                             I guess you live in fear of nuclear war, too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 He may be gone. But his institution thrives. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                     Absolutely. We live in the best of all possible worlds... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         And I'm sure this means nothing to you as well - (crazy) - (2)
                                                             Slow news day, I guess. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             one figure in there is wrong - (boxley)
                                         not sure about what part of tech you work in - (boxley) - (4)
                                             There are records when it comes to TS information. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 wow heavy - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     Then you know what I'm talking about and are trolling? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         nope, those policies are only used to - (boxley)
                                         I agree with your analysis in posts above. - (Ashton) - (5)
                                             nsa needs an Angleton with brief only exceeded by director - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 Re: nsa needs an Angleton with brief only exceeded by direct - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     on your way to imprision the CIC you find a lot of bad guys - (boxley)
                                                 Is that your bid for the Year's Silliest 'thought'? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     I retract above.. - (Ashton)

Hail entropy!
65 ms