IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Obama Admin releases legal rationale for Sec 215 metadata...
http://s3.documentcl...rationale-for.pdf (30 page .pdf from the NY Times)

Thus, critically, although a large amount of metadata is consolidated and preserved by the Government, the vast majority of that information is never seen by any person. Only information responsive to the limited queries that are authorized for counterterrorism purposes is extracted and reviewed by analysts. Although the number of unique identifiers has varied substantially over the years, in 2012, fewer than 300 met the “reasonable, articulable suspicion” standard and were used as seeds to query the data after meeting the standard. Because the same seed identifier can be queried more than once over time, can generate multiple responsive records, and can be used to obtain contact numbers up to three “hops” from the seed identifier, the number of metadata records responsive to such queries is substantially larger than 300, but it is still a tiny fraction of the total volume of metadata records. It would be impossible to conduct these queries effectively without a large pool of telephony metadata to search, as there is no way to know in advance which numbers will be responsive to the authorized queries.

[...]

The telephony metadata collection program is subject to an extensive regime of oversight and internal checks and is monitored by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the FISC, and Congress, as well as the Intelligence Community. No more than twenty-two designated NSA officials can make a finding that there is “reasonable, articulable suspicion” that a seed identifier proposed for query is associated with a specific foreign terrorist organization, and NSA’s Office of General Counsel must review and approve any such findings for numbers believed to be used by U.S. persons. In addition, before the NSA disseminates any information about a U.S. person outside the agency, a high-ranking NSA official must determine that the information identifying the U.S. person is in fact related to counterterrorism information and is necessary to understand the counterterrorism information or assess its importance. Among the program’s additional safeguards and requirements are: (1) audits and reviews of various aspects of the program, including “reasonable, articulable suspicion” findings, by several entities within the Executive Branch, including NSA’s legal and oversight offices and the Office of the Inspector General, as well as attorneys from DOJ’s National Security Division and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI); (2) controls on who can access and query the collected data; (3) requirements for training of analysts who receive the data generated by queries; and (4) a five-year limit on retention of raw collected data.

In addition to internal oversight, any compliance matters in this program that are identified by the NSA, DOJ, or ODNI are reported to the FISC. The FISC’s orders to produce records under the program must be renewed every 90 days, and applications for renewals must report information about how the authority has been implemented under the prior authorization. Significant compliance incidents are also reported to the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees of both houses of Congress. Since the telephony metadata collection program under Section 215 was initiated, there have been a number of significant compliance and implementation issues that were discovered as a result of DOJ and ODNI reviews and internal NSA oversight. In accordance with the Court’s rules, upon discovery, these violations were reported to the FISC, which ordered appropriate remedial action. The incidents, and the Court’s responses, were also reported to the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees in great detail. These problems generally involved human error or highly sophisticated technology issues related to NSA’s compliance with particular aspects of the Court’s orders. The FISC has on occasion been critical of the Executive Branch's compliance problems as well as the Government’s court filings. However, the NSA and DOJ have corrected the problems identified to the Court, and the Court has continued to authorize the program with appropriate remedial measures.

Lots of information is given, though many details are (of course) not. It's an interesting read.

It is, not surprisingly, much more nuanced than Snowden's and Greenwald's descriptions.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New perhaps it sounds fine on paper
but when analysts in a room, monitoring calls between military in hot zones and calls to their spouses put "hot" stuff over speakers to har har with their co-workers, that dry text is a little wanting
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Sometimes nuance is good; sometimes it's irrelevant flimflam
I suspect this is one of those latter times, where "nuance" is just so much distraction from the actual point.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New William of Ockham would like a word.
The NSA isn't big enough to do the things that it has been accused of by Snowden and Greenwald.

http://www.nytimes.c...oehler-stasi.html

"The Stasi was much, much worse than the Gestapo, if you consider only the oppression of its own people," according to Simon Wiesenthal of Vienna, Austria, who has been hunting Nazi criminals for half a century. "The Gestapo had 40,000 officials watching a country of 80 million, while the Stasi employed 102,000 to control only 17 million." One might add that the Nazi terror lasted only twelve years, whereas the Stasi had four decades in which to perfect its machinery of oppression, espionage, and international terrorism and subversion.

[...]

To ensure that the people would become and remain submissive, East German communist leaders saturated their realm with more spies than had any other totalitarian government in recent history. The Soviet Union's KGB employed about 480,000 full-time agents to oversee a nation of 280 million, which means there was one agent per 5,830 citizens. Using Wiesenthal's figures for the Nazi Gestapo, there was one officer for 2,000 people. The ratio for the Stasi was one secret policeman per 166 East Germans. When the regular informers are added, these ratios become much higher: In the Stasi's case, there would have been at least one spy watching every 66 citizens! When one adds in the estimated numbers of part-time snoops, the result is nothing short of monstrous: one informer per 6.5 citizens. It would not have been unreasonable to assume that at least one Stasi informer was present in any party of ten or twelve dinner guests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA - ~30-40k employees, ~$10B annual budget for the NSA. Even if you double the estimate (to try to account for contractors, etc.), 80E3/315E6 = ~ 1/4000 people. (The DOD, on the other hand, has over 700k employees.)

The Stasi couldn't watch everything, yet the NSA supposedly can. It doesn't pass the laugh test.

Modern server farms cost $200M and up (Apple supposedly has spent $1B on some). If we assume an employee costs the NSA $150k per year (including overhead - likely low), 40k x 1.5e5 = $6B. That doesn't leave a lot of space for contractors or for new server farms or satellites or all of the other things that they require. And while they are building server farms, there are only a couple under construction - http://www.govexec.c.../?oref=mag-module The NSA's new farm in Utah is $1.2B. There is no way that the NSA could (or would) spy on all Americans from a two facilities any more than Google could serve the entire US from 2 server farms.

Think about the vast amounts that Facebook and Apple and Amazon and Microsoft and Google have spent on their server farms. Even with all that, they can't keep track of everyone in the country (the whole country doesn't use Google). They don't have enough people to read through everyone's e-mail - 99% of the time it's nearly impossible to get ahold of a human at many of these places. Yet these ~$100B+ (valuation) companies don't have capabilities that an agency 1/10th the size (or less) has?

Snowden's and Greenwald's spin doesn't cut it with me. YMMV.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New the president has publically stated that they collect
the data, are you calling him a liar?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New They can't use the data without a national-security reason.
(With some exceptions.)

Reread the PDF in http://forum.iwethey...iwt?postid=379028

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Puhleeze
I was about to give an example of exactly where you are wrong, but I couldn't.

So the bottom line is that people like you will keep believing, while people like me with knowledge won't say anything because it is too scary.

So here, have a link to the publicly available stuff and STFU. Don't bother telling me anything about limited manpower, people spend their entire lives doing nothing but reviewing the popups and passing it along.

http://www.wctrib.co...en-intel-evidence
Expand Edited by crazy Aug. 10, 2013, 03:53:31 PM EDT
New How has your on-life changed since 10/26/2001?
I'm sure that you've been Outraged, Outraged since October 26, 2001 when the USA PATRIOT Act was signed by W. You know, the law that made PRISM and all the other "revelations" by Snowden and Greenwald legal. The law that enabled the NSA to "spy" on everyone in the USA. I'm sure based on that recognition of what the NSA is authorized to do, you were in fear of the NSA dragging you off to prison unless you changed your on-line behavior. Right?

:-p

You and Box haven't addressed my point about the NSA being too small to do what Snowden and Greenwald have claimed. I say they're too small to spy on everyone in the USA. Present some evidence that I'm wrong, please.

Having a database of metadata (as part of a $20M/yr program) that can only be searched for specific national-security reasons (with some exceptions) is not "spying on all Americans" (or however Greenwald has phrased it). If we can't agree on that, we're talking past each other.

I think I'm done on this topic. Feel free to have the last word.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Here's the numbers. Feel free to make up your own.

314,000,000 people in the us
75.00% use text messaging (bullshit, this is high, but I had to accept a number to start)
110 HIGH number for heavy users, messages per day
25,905,000,000 26 BILLION per day
Assume the magic software doing keyword matches pulls a SMALL (but critical) percentage
Maybe on a small portion of malcontents are texting stuff around. And not even
all those trigger the keyword. But they will sooner or later.
5.00% So, 5% of the population are undesirables.
15,700,000 Let's say they ALL text, HEAVILY
1,727,000,000 1.7 billion messages.
1.00% But now the software winnows that down QUICKLY and drops it to 1 percent of their messages.
17,270,000 17 MM, still a large chunk

6 texts a minute to glance and say OK or redflag.
6 working hours in a tedious low paying 8 hour day
2,160 Messages a day a single person can review
7,995 Number of analysts required to doublecheck 17MM text messages a year.

Easy. I could whip up a subcontracting organization in a month to fulfill that contract.

And when we move on to email, I'll charge a bit more to review them, but the software will highlight the keywords in context, and it won't be more than a minute before the "analyst" hits the red or green button and moves to the next message.
New Then what?
(Yeah, I lied. I'm commenting on this thread again...)

OMG! Gen. Alexander's supercomputers could read my text messages!!!!11

Why would they want to do that? How would Stan Smith (of "American Dad!") working at Ft. Meade report to his boss when it comes time for his annual review that he's investigating text messages from Americans? When that is an illegal act?

The people who work for the NSA or any other government agency are hired to do a specific job. They are evaluated annually on how well they do their job. They don't just sit around or do anything they want without any consequences....

As Snowden (!) and Martin at Balloon-Juice have said, the only thing that prevents abuse of any technology is Policy. If you don't trust Obummer and Alexander and the NSA to follow the published policy, then you're giving up. No law is sufficient. Outlawing the technology won't work because they can lie about using it. Going down that rabbit-hole is nihilistic and delusional.

On the scale, from the PDF released Friday:

Scope and Scale of NSA Collection

According to figures published by a major tech provider, the Internet carries 1,826 Petabytes of information per day. In its foreign intelligence mission, NSA touches about 1.6% of that. However, of the 1.6% of the data, only 0.025% is actually selected for review. The net effect is that NSA analysts look at 0.00004% of the world's traffic in conducting their mission - that's less than one part in a million. Put another way, if a standard basketball court represented the global communications environment, the NSA's total collection would be represented by an area smaller than area smaller than a dime on that basketball court.

On the Policy:

The Government cannot conduct substantive queries of the bulk records for any purpose other than counterterrorism. Under the FISC orders authorizing the collection, authorized queries may only begin with an "identifier", such as a telephone number, that is associated with one of the foreign terrorist organizations that was previously identified and approved by the Court. [...]

"But Attackerman said that there's a Backdoor!!!11"

So what? They still can't use it unless it's related to their foreign-intelligence mission. They could do almost anything with their data collection technologies, but the Policy says it's illegal.

Classified information is compartmentalized. There's such a thing as "need to know" - just having a TS clearance doesn't mean that one has automatic access to any TS material one wants to see. If you believe Gibbs on MSNBC last night, whenever he accessed classified material at the White House, he had to sign it out and sign it back in when he was done with it. There are Policies in place to protect the distribution of TS information.

The Policies in place say that what the NSA has been doing is legal. Congress wrote and passed the law that makes it legal. The courts have said it is legal.

If you don't like the law that makes what the NSA is doing legal, petition your representatives to change the law. Sign the CREDO petition that Ashton pointed to. But don't just sit back (as too many do) and scream "Tyrrany!!!111" and throw up your hands and say "They're all lying!!111".

Playing Grandpa Simpson and doing the "Old Man Yells at Cloud" bit doesn't help anyone.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New They don't just sit around or do anything they want without
consequences. Okay, if snowden kept his yap shut after perusing all of that stuff, what would be his consequences? I know he broke policies but as long as he kept it out of the news he could do anything he wanted.
I said in 2001 that the patriot act was a very bad idea, it still is.
New Then what?
Few seem to be willing to take the next step in these logical inferences they want us to follow....

Okay, if snowden kept his yap shut after perusing all of that stuff, what would be his consequences? I know he broke policies but as long as he kept it out of the news he could do anything he wanted.

Like what? Have someone arrested? Help me out here.

Evidence that is obtained illegally cannot be used in court.

What happens to people who break rules is that they can be disciplined, fired, arrested, ...

http://www.wired.com.../five-irs-employ/

Five workers at the Internal Revenue Service’s Fresno, California, return processing center were charged Monday with computer fraud and unauthorized access to tax return information for allegedly peeking into taxpayers’ files for their own purposes.

Given Snowden's big mouth and inflated opinion of himself, I think he would have been caught eventually.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You OBVIOUSLY did not read this
http://www.wctrib.co...en-intel-evidence

Here's a bit:

As Reuters reported Monday, the Special Operations Division of the DEA funnels information from overseas NSA intercepts, domestic wiretaps , informants and a large DEA database of telephone records to authorities nationwide to help them launch criminal investigations of Americans. The DEA phone database is distinct from a NSA database disclosed by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden. - See more at: http://www.wctrib.co...ash.fZEcMgSr.dpuf

Or this:

http://mobile.reuter...20130805?irpc=932

Here's abit:

...."Remember that the utilization of SOD cannot be revealed or discussed in any investigative function," a document presented to agents reads. The document specifically directs agents to omit the SOD's involvement from investigative reports, affidavits, discussions with prosecutors and courtroom testimony. Agents are instructed to then use "normal investigative techniques to recreate the information provided by SOD."

....A former federal agent in the northeastern United States who received such tips from SOD described the process. "You'd be told only, ‘Be at a certain truck stop at a certain time and look for a certain vehicle.' And so we'd alert the state police to find an excuse to stop that vehicle, and then have a drug dog search it," the agent said.

Catch that? They MAKE SHIT UP to hide the source if the info. It is STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE, well documented.

And this is not "Stan" of American Dad (what shitty character to use in an argument. I used to think so much more highly of you).

This is ROWS and ROWS of people who's ONLY job is to "analyze" tidbits of email and texts and then forward them along, either flagging a national security interest issue or (primarily) a drug issue (to the DEA). That's it, they do nothing else.

It's already there, it's a done deal, been up and running for a few years. Ever since carnivore (TIS), they just renamed it. They didn't even need google or MS help, it just makes it easier for them.

And don't bother saying: Jeez, if you feel so strongly about this, what are YOU doing! You are misdirecting. We have a specific discussion. Some of us "believe" (or know) something, others say either IT ISN'T TRUE or IT ISN'T SO BAD, TOUGH SHIT LIVE WITH IT.

So I'm trying to figure out which of those answers are you.

Which one?
New Read enough of it...
http://www.reuters.c...BRE97409R20130805

Wiretap tips forwarded by the SOD usually come from foreign governments, U.S. intelligence agencies or court-authorized domestic phone recordings. Because warrantless eavesdropping on Americans is illegal, tips from intelligence agencies are generally not forwarded to the SOD until a caller's citizenship can be verified, according to one senior law enforcement official and one former U.S. military intelligence analyst.

"They do a pretty good job of screening, but it can be a struggle to know for sure whether the person on a wiretap is American," the senior law enforcement official said.

Tips from domestic wiretaps typically occur when agents use information gleaned from a court-ordered wiretap in one case to start a second investigation.

http://www.balloon-j.../#comment-4569162

The DEA and IRS get the equivalent of anonymous tips when other security agencies find evidence of illegal behavior in their investigations. Is this shocking? They then have to go and do their own investigations and rely solely on their own evidence to do their own law enforcement. Is that shocking? A bunch of people say this is not just legal, but normal and has been done for decades in all branches of law enforcement (the documents that brought it up are undated, so there’s that) and others say it sounds like it’s unconstitutional and could be abused in technical legal ways. Fair enough, get a court to rule on it. No, this does not fit into some overarching picture of the NSA abusing its powers.

Lots of nuance gets lost when reporters post sensational stories. Sometimes the nuance isn't important. Sometimes it is.

Which is it here? I dunno. I'm not willing to set my hair on fire over this without more information. YMMV.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Why I do not trust them.
Viola Liuzzo.
That night, Liuzzo, tired but exhilarated, shuttled local marchers back to their homes. A car filled with Ku Klux Klan members tried to force her off the road. Finally, they pulled alongside Liuzzo's car and shot her in her head. The 39-year-old died instantly.
Then, there were the rumors: After Viola Liuzzo's death, there were newspaper reports that Liuzzo had gone south to meet and have sex with black men. Another rumor claimed she was a drug addict. And the July 1965 issue of The Ladies' Home Journal published a poll that asked if readers thought Liuzzo was a good mother. Fifty-five percent didn't. ("I feel sorry for what happened," said one woman in a focus group convened to talk about the Liuzzo story, "but I feel she should have stayed home and minded her own business.")

The family couldn't figure out why anyone would say such things. Then, when the Klansmen were put on trial for Liuzzo's death, they learned that a key witness was a paid FBI informant who had been in the Klansmen's car. Years later, the family sought to have Liuzzo's FBI file opened. They finally succeeded, and that's when they discovered that the rumors about her had come directly from J. Edgar Hoover. The family believes the FBI director was desperate to divert attention from the agency by smearing her.

http://www.npr.org/b...everybody-s-fight

NEVER underestimate what those bastards in that Yankee government are capable of.
New I guess you live in fear of nuclear war, too.
Hoover was an abomination and had a lifetime appointment.

Things change.

Cheers,
Scott.
New He may be gone. But his institution thrives.
I get your point though, Polly Anna. All the bad guys are gone now, right?
New Absolutely. We live in the best of all possible worlds...
New And I'm sure this means nothing to you as well
https://www.techdirt...s-miserably.shtml

Math, it's not that hard, at least for those who look.
New Slow news day, I guess.
New one figure in there is wrong
the percentage of email that is spam is in the high 90 percentile, not 68.7%
New not sure about what part of tech you work in
How would Stan Smith (of "American Dad!") working at Ft. Meade report to his boss when it comes time for his annual review that he's investigating text messages from Americans? When that is an illegal act?
people lie their ass off to the security folks all the time. I have worked in banking, telecomm, federal government, oil and healthcare large organizations. In everyone of them they will lie their ass off when it comes to security.
New There are records when it comes to TS information.
E.g. http://www.wright.ed...lass/Handling.htm

This isn't just a matter of saying to some random security checker, "Yeah, I followed the rules" or something. This isn't keeping virus definitions up to date. There are serious controls in place (that can be broken or ignored, of course).

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New wow heavy
https://www.cms.gov/...ogin/default.aspx I deal with stuff like this on a daily basis from the other side of the login
New Then you know what I'm talking about and are trolling?
New nope, those policies are only used to
wipe you ass clean when you have a breach. They will not stop folks who are lazy, intentionally mean harm, or stupid(or ignorant). See it all the time in this and other industries.
New I agree with your analysis in posts above.
Inevitably: one Must trust that.. [some] Other Persons are Trust-worthy as thee/close-enough.
IF.. a one is paranoid about All Government Power™ (then s/he'd Better be paranoid about All Bizness Power and.. *ALL* The Financial Conmen too.
(try and tell Them apart! from the less-venal ones, if there are two or three of those somewhere.)

Yes, I Want to see the cynical/totalitarian-modeled ""Patriot"" Act annulled! Something Sane put-back
--after much more debate than has yet occurred, something like
Newly-THOUGHT-about/debated Laws whose Initial [not amended and amended and forgotten] Form is clearly expressed,
whose Oversight-requirements are quite as clearly enumerated, and whose Oversight boards include a variety of literate citizens:
who also Get Full Clearances after investigations du jour: their Need-to-Know matching All Areas of Each's actual responsibility--as they Must.

For the Paranoid-unto Misanthropy -??- I believe that all these, even sincerely-Practiced Safeguards--as would be audited for compliance: by other mere Persons..???
Would Never Be Enough cha. cha. cha.

No. point. in. debating. such: ask me about dealing with a (certified) paranoid schizophrenic, sometime.
In the normal Gaussian of brain-wiring: it seems that we have minuscule info about the Range (even!) of mis-wirings possible,
so ... ... 'Science' won't buy us a litmus for discerning Integrity + Sanity, (either.)

Lastly, re. attitudes in this, as towards the [n + 100] intransigent Other Problems for which, because All 'Answers' necessarily try to encompass many contradictory ingredients
--are necessarily complex, verbose and thus Not Simple:
each person's attitude towards each complex 'Solution'/stab at one, is inevitably related to that person's personal assessment of the Question:

Just How Corrupt IS Murica, anyway??

And if one says, "Totally!" then: what's left to 'discuss'?
The Nihilists (like the Totally!-responders) will Grab Their Guns, the Wittgenstein faction their philosophical-puzzle dictionaries and Popper's folks--their language glossaries..

(And I shall, that day--attempt to rescue more cats/quicker; my allegiance is to their total guilelessness ... as no human possesses)
..as I ignore the 'people removing their clothes at bus stops', tune out everyone who begins any sentence, I Am Certain that ____ and probably limit my meeja inputs even further.

Luck to Us All, especially in a time where mis-Communication towers over mere occasional instances where.. it Does Not.
New nsa needs an Angleton with brief only exceeded by director
and a way to get around them if needed.
New Re: nsa needs an Angleton with brief only exceeded by direct
http://en.wikipedia....eton#The_Molehunt

Throughout the 1960s and 1970s Angleton privately accused various foreign leaders of being Soviet spies. He twice informed the Royal Canadian Mounted Police that he believed Prime Minister Lester Pearson and his successor Pierre Trudeau to be agents of the Soviet Union. In 1964, under pressure from Angleton, the RCMP detained John Watkins, a close friend of Pearson and formerly Canadian Ambassador to the Soviet Union; Watkins died during interrogation by the RCMP and the CIA, and was subsequently cleared of suspicion. Angleton accused Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme, West German Chancellor Willy Brandt, and British Prime Minister Harold Wilson of using their access to NATO secrets to benefit the USSR. Brandt resigned in 1974, after one of his aides was found to be a mole from the East German secret police. Angleton came to suspect Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who commented wryly that even the most brilliant and loyal officers should not spend their entire career in such pressurized and paranoid fields.[citation needed] Angleton also privately accused numerous members of Congress and President Gerald Ford of treason.[citation needed] Angleton's notorious pursuit of the "5th Man", who he believed had penetrated a secret agency in Washington, was solved, he believed, when DCI William Colby fired him.[citation needed] No one was above suspicion, and even Angleton himself was accused by others of working for the Soviets.[citation needed]

Resignation[edit source | editbeta]

Angleton's resignation was announced on Christmas Eve of 1974, just as President Ford demanded that Colby report on the allegations and as various Congressional committees announced that they would launch their own inquiries. Three of Angleton's senior aides in counter-intelligence, his deputy Raymond Rocca, executive officer of the counter-intelligence division William J. Hood, and Angleton's chief of operations Newton S. Miller, were coaxed into retirement within a week of Angleton's resignation after it was made clear that they would be transferred elsewhere in the agency rather than promoted, and the counter-intelligence staff was reduced from 300 people to 80 people.

Yeah, someone looking for Communists under every bed, suspicious of foreign leaders, accusing the president of treason, etc., is just what the NSA needs. Sure. :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New on your way to imprision the CIC you find a lot of bad guys
all of the sleazys checking on their baby mommas. Started a jacket on you because you told them to fuck off down the road in public. The real problem, humans having access to that kind of data.
Oh hey, you can't search that without a supervisor signoff and a warrant.
Okay, but the mount won't stay up
Then do whatever you have to do, here is the root password and by the way, rm -rf the logs so they can't tell why we went down. I need my job security
New Is that your bid for the Year's Silliest 'thought'?
New I retract above..
("Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself; I contain multitudes ..."
--Walt Whitman)

OK, what we *need* then, given your encyclopædic Knowledge of the execrable degree-of-sloth common to all bit-biting-Bitches {??}

IS

>YOU<

I propose this Joint Executive/Legislative Branches Resolution:

As President, I announce today the appointment of The Security Ayatollah: for a Prosperous/Safe/Fun America.

This Person [Name/location/data/picture withheld: for all reasons of his Personal Security] shall have Ultimate-veto over any existing Security Regulations affecting the
States, the Nation, {all participating in the Coalition of the Willing}..So Long as He {..we let him} Lives.
His compensation shall be adequate, with a basic ration of whale blubber for daily sustenance--Guaranteed.

We [The Congress/The President] shall Get Back to Y'all.. after his revisions have been installed, his performance evaluated and The Country Remains un-Nuked.

Thank You.. that will be all for this press conference..Bailiff! detain that man in the back row with the knapsack!!!
     Obama Admin releases legal rationale for Sec 215 metadata... - (Another Scott) - (31)
         perhaps it sounds fine on paper - (boxley)
         Sometimes nuance is good; sometimes it's irrelevant flimflam - (CRConrad) - (29)
             William of Ockham would like a word. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                 the president has publically stated that they collect - (boxley) - (27)
                     They can't use the data without a national-security reason. - (Another Scott) - (26)
                         Puhleeze - (crazy) - (25)
                             How has your on-life changed since 10/26/2001? - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                 Here's the numbers. Feel free to make up your own. - (crazy) - (23)
                                     Then what? - (Another Scott) - (22)
                                         They don't just sit around or do anything they want without - (boxley) - (10)
                                             Then what? - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                 You OBVIOUSLY did not read this - (crazy) - (8)
                                                     Read enough of it... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                         Why I do not trust them. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                             I guess you live in fear of nuclear war, too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 He may be gone. But his institution thrives. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                     Absolutely. We live in the best of all possible worlds... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         And I'm sure this means nothing to you as well - (crazy) - (2)
                                                             Slow news day, I guess. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             one figure in there is wrong - (boxley)
                                         not sure about what part of tech you work in - (boxley) - (4)
                                             There are records when it comes to TS information. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 wow heavy - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     Then you know what I'm talking about and are trolling? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         nope, those policies are only used to - (boxley)
                                         I agree with your analysis in posts above. - (Ashton) - (5)
                                             nsa needs an Angleton with brief only exceeded by director - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 Re: nsa needs an Angleton with brief only exceeded by direct - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     on your way to imprision the CIC you find a lot of bad guys - (boxley)
                                                 Is that your bid for the Year's Silliest 'thought'? -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     I retract above.. - (Ashton)

Smarter than the av-er-age bear!
113 ms