IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I like wearing suits.
I look good in them. Not too many other clothes I do look good in. Oh. I look good in armor, and I look OK in medieval clothes.

I am certainly not a PHB.

In the job I'm in now, I had to wear a suit to the interview. They took offense (really!) when I wore even a tie on the job.

Having said that, if YOUR criteria for a job is that they not be uniform-happy, that's cool! It's your abilities that you are 'licensing', after all. You get to set conditions, too. If you don't think you'd be happy in a job that comes with that condition, then the job probably isn't worth it to you anyway - especially for any extended period.

Everybody here wants to see you happy, Ross. Employment is part of that, certainly, but the whole part? If having to wear a uniform (really, that's all a suit is) costs you too much, then 'Oh, well'.

Go to the interview. Knock thier socks off. If they hire you, you'll know that you've come to a place that values form over fashion, anyway.

If not, what have you lost?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Re: I like wearing suits.
I overreacted because I am fought out. I'm extremely tired but can't sleep for more than an hour or so at a time. It's wearing me down. I guess I should not have cancelled the interview. Of all things to say, why did they have to say "dress like a Republican"? Can't even ONE thing go right?

When I feel like quitting I get a message like this from you, remember what a great guy you are, and feel stupid.
-drl
New Heh.
You'll make me blush.

A job is NOT the measure of a man, though. No matter what conditioning we've been given over the years.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New Re: Heh.
You have to live. You have to either be able to do it yourself or get others to do it for you. I'm one of the few people who can't do either. I've never in my entire life been able to solve the employment problem. Growing up I never thought about it - I just assumed I would be a scientist at some university. When university life was hijacked by morons that chance was lost. So I had to find something else - I found this - and this also got hijacked by morons. (There apparently is a never-ending supply of morons. Anything I've ever loved, morons have ruined.) I never wanted to do anything other than make enough money to live and continue my work in private. Even that simple task is beyond me. I can't figure out how to live a stable existence, and by now I'm getting sick of trying and long for it to end. Or at least to get 8 hours of sleep, all at once. God I need drugs.
-drl
New A never-ending supply of morons.
A-men.

I know it's hard. I know it's depressing. All I can offer is my 'tips for living' in my sig. Especially the right-hand part... And a wish for you to get some sleep. I've had major sleep problems, too. When I was doing the graveyard shift for Macy's, I used to sleep in in a walk-in closet for quiet and dark. When I had REALLY bad insomnia in the early '90s (went for over a week without any sleep at all - problems with work - I was almost hallucinating at the end) I got over it with - get this - vitamins and warm milk. Prescribed by a doctor, yet. Don't laugh, it worked...

Imric's Tips for Living

I have an interview - (deSitter) - (77)
         They're in to arm bands and jack-boots these days ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         thoughts, prayers, luck! -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Good luck! - (Nightowl)
         Good luck - (Arkadiy) - (26)
             Nope - (deSitter) - (25)
                 Hmm. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Mmm forearms! -NT - (deSitter)
                 Ideally, - (bepatient) - (4)
                     I AM disrespectful of "hiring clothes" - (deSitter) - (1)
                         "Beware of all occupations which require new clothes" .. - (Ashton)
                     What is expected varies with career and location - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Re: What is expected varies with career and location - (deSitter)
                 Bullshit - (broomberg) - (15)
                     Yep. -NT - (admin)
                     Dunno, I interview business casual - (boxley) - (7)
                         You just described entry level dressed - (broomberg) - (6)
                             You ARE a boss - amazing - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 No I'm not - (broomberg)
                             dont forget a repo in Missouri is dressed like - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Funny but wrong :) - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     then you didnt take me to the right social gatherings :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                     Mixed results - (orion)
                     NO - (deSitter) - (5)
                         One does what one must. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             One does what one IS -NT - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 Only when he's not working ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     That's sort of sad - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Employed :( -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Fit in or stay out. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     sorry Im with Doc here, - (boxley)
         you'll be fine, impress and good luck -NT - (boxley)
         bonne chance - (cforde)
         Knock 'em dead. - (Silverlock)
         You go girl...err...Ross! - (jb4)
         Good luck, man! -NT - (imric)
         Just to pound the point home... - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Thanks but of course at my age I don't need dressing advice - (deSitter) - (4)
                 Then don't bother to show up. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                     Re: Then don't bother to show up. - (deSitter)
                 That is too extreme - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Concur in spades. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Interview cancelled - (deSitter) - (35)
             Dont let other people guide your life, take peters advice - (boxley)
             Please calm down. - (Another Scott) - (27)
                 Re: Please calm down. - (deSitter) - (26)
                     I hope and pray that doesn't mean - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         What the fuck difference does it make to you? - (deSitter) - (2)
                             Re: What the fuck difference does it make to you? - (Nightowl)
                             It really matters to you though - (orion)
                     Ross, look. - (mmoffitt)
                     No one said you needed to go to the jobs that way - (broomberg) - (20)
                         Re: No one said you needed to go to the jobs that way - (deSitter) - (19)
                             My bad. I thought you wanted to eat. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             yer purpose is to suck air until you quit - (boxley) - (11)
                                 Re: yer purpose is to suck air until you quit - (deSitter) - (10)
                                     last $500? - (boxley) - (4)
                                         Re: last $500? - (deSitter) - (3)
                                             There is work if you look for it - (orion) - (2)
                                                 Nope - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                     Then I challenge you to find something that does work - (orion)
                                     Another viewpoint - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                         Re: Another viewpoint - (deSitter) - (3)
                                             Well... - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                 Re: Well... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                     Done :) - (Nightowl)
                             Explain - (broomberg) - (3)
                                 Re: Explain - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Nice try - (broomberg) - (1)
                                         I agree - (orion)
                             Yes, you do. - (Another Scott)
                             Life sucks. - (inthane-chan)
             What is this "buy into PHBism" BS? - (ben_tilly)
             I like wearing suits. - (imric) - (4)
                 Re: I like wearing suits. - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Heh. - (imric) - (2)
                         Re: Heh. - (deSitter) - (1)
                             A never-ending supply of morons. - (imric)

Are you game enough to ICLPRD that subject line?
110 ms