IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Turns out it might have a genetic component
Several years back I had a several similar symptoms that got worse to the point of tracking down medical help. After getting nowhere with conventional MDs, I tracked down a Doc who did environmental medicine. A mineral/metals test showed that I had a high level of Mercury, which is treatable in one of several ways. It took about 4 months to get the levels down to something sane, and I feel a lot better for it.

My sister has similar problems, but the "genetic" component was environmental. We were both exposed to Mercury when we were young, both directly via elemental Mercury (my Grandmother kept a vial of the stuff around for the grandkids to play with), through medicines (Mercurichrome (sp?), which was put on the smallest of cuts and scrapes (and stung like hell)), and via dental work. And then later through a diet of fish, including lots of Swordfish.

Heavy metals can screw your body up in many interesting ways, with a diverse set of downstream side-effects. It might be worth seeing if your Doc can get you tested. There's a hair analysis test that's quick, painless, and fairly inexpensive. It might point in the direction of other tests, or rule heavy metals out as a factor.

New Thanks, I'll look into that.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Survey says: - (admin) - (71)
         Now wait for the other shoe to drop - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             His personality -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                 Or my "friends"... -NT - (admin)
         Knew someone with that - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Yep, that's one thing I'll be investigating. -NT - (admin)
         Take care of yourself - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Thanks. - (admin)
         saw a workup on that, hard to diagnose but some think it is - (boxley) - (2)
             ask your doc if an 1/8 teaspoon of magnesium oxide - (boxley)
             It's actually a spectrum of disorders. - (admin)
         Bummer. :-( - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Going on an elimination diet soon. - (admin)
         The drug you referenced - (bionerd) - (3)
             As opposed to half a person? ;-) -NT - (Yendor)
             Thanks for that info. - (admin) - (1)
                 You need some Peril Sensitive Glasses - (ChrisR)
         Man, that sucks. - (Yendor) - (2)
             Not really... - (admin) - (1)
                 Yeah, besides, it's a LOT better than some of the - (jake123)
         Now fhat you know the problem, here's hoping you can... - (a6l6e6x)
         I always thought that was the catchall for - (broomberg) - (1)
             Pretty much. - (admin)
         with an attitude like that... - (cforde)
         If you were a horse, etc. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Good news is, one can live with that for a long time. Bad... - (CRConrad) - (40)
             Will do. - (admin) - (2)
                 Roger on the Sleep. - (imqwerky)
                 Info-flow can go the other way too:I'll let you know what... - (CRConrad)
             she has probably seen this one - (boxley) - (36)
                 Nope, she hasn't. Thanks (again), and sorry... - (CRConrad)
                 Interesting - (broomberg) - (34)
                     Expectorants are useful - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         Who knew loogies was a medical term? -NT - (jake123)
                     found it when searching for why my dam bones ache so bad -NT - (boxley) - (31)
                         Holy Fing S**t - (broomberg) - (30)
                             Another Holy Fing S**t - (broomberg) - (29)
                                 Magnesium is hard to get... - (admin) - (19)
                                     I've got to come up with something else - (broomberg) - (14)
                                         Well, you could start eating Apple iBook G4s . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
                                             My Thinkpad T41 has a Mg cover too. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                 Well, he's afraid of carbs, so . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                                                     Great recommendation - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                         One reason I'm not likely Mg deficient. - (admin) - (2)
                                                             Last time I was measured, it was 100/70. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 Re: Last time I was measured, it was 100/70. - (admin)
                                                     Chard may be good - but broccoli is much better! - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                         Yeabut - 2 large stalks is waaaay over 1/2 cup . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                             Ah - good point - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                 Cooking shouldn't be a requirement . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     Dinner tonight - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                         Raw Swiss Chard? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                             Because it's bad for you or because you don't like it? - (broomberg)
                                     You got the "lumps"? - (broomberg) - (3)
                                         No, Armand's full of crap IMO. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                             Seems that way - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                 Likely, then. -NT - (admin)
                                 dont waste your money! This is what I take - (boxley) - (8)
                                     The problem with suplements is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                         Exactly. -NT - (admin)
                                         Yep, one reason chard is often on my shopping list - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD: (though other may disagree) (new thread) - (folkert)
                                         lets see eat swiss chard or gag down a chemical hmm.chemical -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Hmmmm. . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 And.. that is almost The General pharmchem dilemma :-/ -NT - (Ashton)
                                             I like it - (broomberg)
         Turns out it might have a genetic component - (admin) - (3)
             Ahhh, so you come from "Bad Stock". Too bad... - (folkert)
             Re: Turns out it might have a genetic component - (dws) - (1)
                 Thanks, I'll look into that. -NT - (admin)
         Re: Survey says: - (Nightowl)
         Congratulatons! - (Arkadiy)

Man, what a sad thing to be known for...
265 ms