IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Which means what?
That you are one of the 'targeted users'?

After all, if it didn't work for me, I must have needed something special, something that required tweaking. Therefore, by the reasoning displayed so far, I wasn't one of the targeted users. Which means it's not a problem, but a feature.

Right?
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Honestly?

SMB is something you either do or don't. If it doesn't work then that's a bug that no configuration in the world would help.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
\r\n[link|http://www.shtuff.us/|shtuff]
New Uh huh. Yah. This discussion is OVER.
Have fun watching Gnome spiral into darkness.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Really?

If SMB is buggy, and you offer configuration as a solution, then all you've gained is a configurable bug. Why not actually [link|http://bugzilla.gnome.org/|report the problem]?

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
\r\n[link|http://www.shtuff.us/|shtuff]
New pull the other one
if config works elsewhere but not in gnome, why do you pull the finger on the app? Gnome is now cack, it used to be useful. Now keep the smelling the gnome rose and hoist its praises, we use something that works
billfor us. The lusers will bow down to the gnome while cursing its deficiencies. The rest of us move on.
thanx,
bill
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New s/darkness/being the defacto Linux standard DE/
:-)

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
     Bizarre KDE Bug - (cwbrenn) - (83)
         That IS strange. - (imric)
         I have the answer... - (folkert) - (81)
             Yabut - (altmann) - (1)
                 You didn't get my meaning of... - (folkert)
             I've had no problems with KDE - (cwbrenn) - (77)
                 Oh, I know Chris.... - (folkert) - (76)
                     Oh - OK. Gnome sucks. - (imric) - (75)
                         I use GNOME. - (folkert) - (55)
                             No, it's not insane. - (pwhysall) - (45)
                                 *shakes head sadly* - (imric) - (44)
                                     /me points at KDE - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         I agree! - (imric)
                                     Except - (ubernostrum) - (41)
                                         Ummm. - (imric) - (40)
                                             I don't think it's silly at all. - (pwhysall) - (39)
                                                 What's silly - (imric) - (36)
                                                     I don't think it's a hedge argument. - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                         Mebbe. - (imric)
                                                     Feel free to ask for whatever you like. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                         Re: Feel free to ask for whatever you like. - (ubernostrum)
                                                         To be honest, it's not that important to me - (imric) - (3)
                                                             To most computer users, - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                                                 No it means "I can change the wallpaper." - (static) - (1)
                                                                     That's been a big thing in web-design the past few years. - (ubernostrum)
                                                         Tell that to Microsoft - (drewk)
                                                     I see. - (ubernostrum) - (26)
                                                         ROFL - actually, right! - (imric) - (25)
                                                             Ah yes, all that configurability. - (ubernostrum) - (24)
                                                                 Ah yes, all that availability. - (imric) - (23)
                                                                     You don't get it. - (ubernostrum) - (22)
                                                                         Huh? - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                                             "Removing functionality people find useful" - (ubernostrum) - (15)
                                                                                 Different Levels of Configuration options. - (folkert) - (14)
                                                                                     Harder than you think. - (pwhysall)
                                                                                     Users are stupid. - (ubernostrum) - (12)
                                                                                         I wonder... - (folkert) - (11)
                                                                                             I'm not. - (ubernostrum) - (10)
                                                                                                 Bah. Firefox made configuration tweaking MORE accessable. -NT - (imric) - (9)
                                                                                                     To expand on that - (drewk) - (6)
                                                                                                         And I'm saying - (ubernostrum) - (5)
                                                                                                             I completely disagree with that assertion. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                                 Let me explain something to you. - (ubernostrum) - (3)
                                                                                                                     Now let *me* explain something to *you* - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                                                         Bug. Bug. Bug. Distro Bug. Not a bug. Bug. - (pwhysall)
                                                                                                                     Re: Let me explain something to you. - (bepatient)
                                                                                                     Re: Bah. Firefox made configuration tweaking MORE accessabl - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                                                                                                         So what? - (imric)
                                                                         Ummm. What? - (imric) - (4)
                                                                             The gconf editor is no harder than about:config -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                                 And about:config is easier - (imric) - (2)
                                                                                     What was there before... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                         One last word (can't resist) - (imric)
                                                 Zenworks... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                     Does Linux Zenworks do policy, and if so, how? -NT - (pwhysall)
                             What Peter said. - (ubernostrum) - (8)
                                 That's fine but... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                     I sympathise with that. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         I'm pickier than you think - (ben_tilly)
                                     GNOME integration - (ubernostrum) - (3)
                                         To me, GNOME sucks less than most other stuff. - (folkert) - (2)
                                             Coming from OS/2... - (cwbrenn)
                                             Maybe doing it every day is the trick - (ben_tilly)
                                 That's really the part that ticks me off: - (admin)
                         What about those SMB shares? - (Another Scott) - (18)
                             You can do all of that! - (pwhysall) - (17)
                                 Couldn't prove it by me. - (imric) - (7)
                                     Worked out-of-the-box for me. - (ubernostrum) - (6)
                                         Which means what? - (imric) - (5)
                                             Honestly? - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                                                 Uh huh. Yah. This discussion is OVER. - (imric) - (3)
                                                     Really? - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                                                         pull the other one - (boxley)
                                                     s/darkness/being the defacto Linux standard DE/ - (pwhysall)
                                 Behold! The new BMW Gnome 75! - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                     Ah, yes. - (ubernostrum) - (7)
                                         Happy to oblige. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         When in doubt, claim superiority. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Re: When in doubt, claim superiority. - (ubernostrum) - (3)
                                                 That's a false dichotomy. - (admin) - (2)
                                                     Nobody ever said "no configuration" - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                                                         Neither did I. -NT - (admin)
                                         We seem to be talking about different things. - (Another Scott)
             Thats why I use XFCE. - (bepatient)

Smoke the pipe, and there will be no lies between us.
186 ms