IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The government in Kiev is no more legal than the "separatist" leadership.
Here's Cohen in March. (Bold is question posed to him)
But do you think there’s absolutely reason to say it was wrong of Russia to intervene militarily in Ukraine?

We don’t know that Putin went into Crimea. We literally don’t know. We’re talking about “facts” that are coming out of Kiev, which is a mass of disinformation.

Do you think it might not have been Putin?

No, no, no, that’s not what I mean. We don’t know. I think I know, but I don’t know for a fact. And as a scholar I stick to what I know.

There are, it would appear, about 9,000 Russian troops milling around Crimea, on the streets, guarding buildings. There’s a naval base there. So by law, by contract, Russia has every right to be there. They have an infantry protecting it’s strategic facilities.

I think they took the troops that they’re moving around Crimea from the Crimean naval base. I don’t know that they actually sent troops across the Russian-Crimean border. So if we’re going to use the word invasion we need to be precise.
Everybody blamed Yanukovych for the snipers that killed people in Kiev on Maidan Square. I said at the time, how can we know who killed whom? How do we know? I said let’s wait. Now, evidently, the Estonian foreign minister told the foreign minister of the European Union that those were not government Yanukoyvch snipers, they were snipers from the right-wing movement in the streets, that it was a provocation.

But I don’t know if it’s true. If this turns out to be true, can you turn the clock back? Can you say Yanukoyvch was legitimate and right? Can you bring him back to Kiev? No, that train left the station. When people such as myself say, Can we get the facts before we decide? they say, “Putin apologist!”

But the protests in Ukraine still happened, whether or not those snipers were under Yanukoyvch’s direction.

It was a very peaceful protest in November and into December. And John McCain went there and stood alongside one of the fascist leaders and put his arm around him. He didn’t know who he was. And [Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State] Victoria Nuland, we now know was plotting to overthrow the government, because we have the tape telling the American Ambassador, Here’s how we’re going to form a new government.

That’s called a coup d’etat. Yanukoyvch was elected legally. Everybody said that election was fair.

Do you see any merit in the protests?

Of course. But let me turn it around. Let’s say the tea party says that Obama has violated American law and the Constitution through Obamacare. They surround the White House. They throw fire bombs at the White House security guard. Obama flees and the tea party puts Ted Cruz in the White House. Do we say that’s democracy?

So how is it democracy in Ukraine? Why couldn’t they wait, by the way? The next presidential election was one year away. Why didn’t Washington and the EU say no? We’re democracies; that’s not how we do it. Peacefully protest all you want, but don’t throw firebombs at the policeman because if you did that in any democratic capital we’d open fire.

Look what they did in London. Look what they did in Greece. Look what we did to Occupy [Wall Street]. They weren’t even violent and we beat them up and pepper sprayed them. That’s what we do.

We believe you’ve got a right to peacefully protest. You get a permit and you go there and you can stay there until snow falls. That’s your right -- if you don’t block the traffic. But you can’t throw firebombs at policemen. That’s true in any country, in any democracy. But suddenly from our point of view it’s okay in Kiev. They’re freedom fighters.

So Yanukoyvch, who was democratic elected, flees and now you’ve got a government in Kiev with no legal legitimacy in Ukrainian or international law that we’re now being told is a paragon of virtue. And you’ve got a parliament where they scared away the majority deputies who represented the governing party. And you’ve got a parliament passing crazy laws.

http://www.newsweek.com/american-who-dared-make-putins-case-231388
New Lots of "look over there!!1" verbiage.
Russia had no right to invade Crimea. They had no right to invade Eastern Ukraine, either.

https://twitter.com/GeoffPyatt/status/493400313622446081/photo/1

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New And Saddam has WMD.
     NYT 2014 = Cronkite 1968? - (rcareaga) - (84)
         Velly intellesting! - (folkert) - (3)
             Because money and land actually matter - (drook) - (2)
                 'zactly! -NT - (folkert)
                 +1 on that! - (a6l6e6x)
         What do I care what a bunch of damned yankees says about anything. - (mmoffitt) - (39)
             No one imagines anymore that you're persuadable - (rcareaga) - (38)
                 It is a personal idiom. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                     Re: It is a personal idiom. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     and as an added bonus - (rcareaga) - (33)
                         Now now... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Ubi pus, ibi evacua -NT - (rcareaga)
                         I knew you were a closet bankster fan. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                             Cherry-picking for fun and profit. - (malraux) - (29)
                                 Okay. Mea Culpa. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                     Not me. - (malraux) - (3)
                                         Vermont might be okay. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             You don't think all of NY looks like NYC, right? -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                 Sure. Some of it looks like Buffalo. (just kidding) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     To paraphrase the late Herb Caen - (rcareaga) - (18)
                                         And support those living in MA, NJ, NY, etc sic nauseum. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                             Walked right into that one, didn't you? - (rcareaga) - (16)
                                                 I ain't talkin' just about the taxes, Sparky. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                     At least 4 billionaires live in Indiana. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                         Dang, 0.5 * MA billionaires. Thanks for the non-answer answer. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                             Anytime. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                 You mean Aeroflot West? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 "From each according to his abilities . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                     I have only one good reason. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                         Not for long - the Russians . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     Nice save: Not. -NT - (rcareaga)
                                                     talk about "disingenuous." - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                         Dishonest? How so? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             hyperbole much? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 I have never exaggerated in my entire life! -NT - (malraux)
                                                             hookers and coke dealers dont contribute? disagree -NT - (boxley)
                                                             Re: Dishonest? How so? (You didn't need any hyperbole..) - (Ashton)
                                                     inexplicable dupe - (rcareaga)
                                     Jesusland? No thanks. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                         that may be overblown - (boxley) - (3)
                                             And daughters. And cousins. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 They can stay home and meet daughters. And cousins. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     I meant neighbor's daughter's and cousins. Oops. Forget it. You're right. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 my new landlrd is a repo state rep - (boxley)
         Back on topic - (rcareaga) - (23)
             Question. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Answer: Yes - (rcareaga)
                 nope, Washington Post - (crazy) - (3)
                     Gee, I'm convinced. A stoner made a blog post. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         ah, ad hominem - (crazy) - (1)
                             But even so, I'll bite - (crazy)
             Apologies. I promise this is my first reply that will be on topic. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                 tell you what, mmoffitt - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Given the strain... - (folkert)
                     No offense, but I'll take Dr. Cohen's analysis over yours. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                         I admired Cohen's work in the eighties - (rcareaga)
                         Cohen is in Putin's pocket. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                             With respect, I don't think so. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                 so you believe him - (crazy) - (8)
                                     Your contribution >/dev/null - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         as expected - (crazy)
                                         He may be (or have been) a good guy, but... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             The government in Kiev is no more legal than the "separatist" leadership. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Lots of "look over there!!1" verbiage. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     And Saddam has WMD. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             All Know the precedents for "our Nationals are being harassed in ___" - (Ashton)
                                     To quote you, "Hheheeee hahahahahaa." Useful idiots are delightful. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Well, he's now at minimum senile and can't think straight. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The times, they are achangin' - (crazy) - (15)
             Here's one I hadn't thought of - (drook) - (14)
                 doesn't matter - (crazy) - (12)
                     Ayup - (rcareaga) - (5)
                         whenever I see BDS I read it as - (crazy) - (4)
                             Ed Ziemba.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 InfoWorld had a short story on him. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Ever since WordStar in 58k.. - (Ashton)
                             Good catch! - (a6l6e6x)
                     like here - (crazy) - (5)
                         On the other hand... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                             for sure - (crazy) - (3)
                                 Passed along.. +5 Smart - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     No idea level of drain bamage, but - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Heh.. - (Ashton)
                 Not how it works - (scoenye)

He wasn't always this way. He used to be a genial nerd, like many of us.
87 ms