IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Velly intellesting!
All I will say is this little story from yesterday:

My parent are members of the Presbyterian Church. They had a 2 hour long Congregational Meeting this past Sunday... to discuss three things. It was only supposed to be 30 minutes maximum:

1. This whole Gay Marriage thing... that was pretty much resolved in 10 minutes. Some people chose to leave. Just like some chose to leave allowing women to hold positions of "power". Basically approved, with many dissenting... but understanding you have to get the sinners in Church to help them.

2. This whole Legalization of Marijuana thing, again pretty much resolved in 10 minutes. Most begrudgingly agreed it was good, since some *RICH* (aka heavy contributing) members are on it right now for Cancer treatment. Basically approved.

3. Selling of a 6+ acres of land owned by the church to a for profit Nursing/retirement/assisted living facility. This facility is a "competing religious charter" based organization. They had to figure out: A) Whether or not to sell it to the entity. B) For what dollar amount versus the appraised value. C. Where the money should go. Not resolved in 1 hours and 40 minutes. Another meeting in 3 weeks with much more info being published/sent to the congregation.

You see, these are mostly OLD people... even they are getting the whole Gay and Drug thing... but yet still can't agree on money and land.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Because money and land actually matter
The other things, it's mostly gut feeling and uninformed opinion. Once they get past the queasiness with the "other" they realize it just doesn't affect them.

Money and land, however, those affect everyone.
--

Drew
New 'zactly!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New +1 on that!
Insight into the human mind, I say.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
     NYT 2014 = Cronkite 1968? - (rcareaga) - (84)
         Velly intellesting! - (folkert) - (3)
             Because money and land actually matter - (drook) - (2)
                 'zactly! -NT - (folkert)
                 +1 on that! - (a6l6e6x)
         What do I care what a bunch of damned yankees says about anything. - (mmoffitt) - (39)
             No one imagines anymore that you're persuadable - (rcareaga) - (38)
                 It is a personal idiom. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                     Re: It is a personal idiom. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     and as an added bonus - (rcareaga) - (33)
                         Now now... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Ubi pus, ibi evacua -NT - (rcareaga)
                         I knew you were a closet bankster fan. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                             Cherry-picking for fun and profit. - (malraux) - (29)
                                 Okay. Mea Culpa. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                     Not me. - (malraux) - (3)
                                         Vermont might be okay. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             You don't think all of NY looks like NYC, right? -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                 Sure. Some of it looks like Buffalo. (just kidding) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     To paraphrase the late Herb Caen - (rcareaga) - (18)
                                         And support those living in MA, NJ, NY, etc sic nauseum. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                             Walked right into that one, didn't you? - (rcareaga) - (16)
                                                 I ain't talkin' just about the taxes, Sparky. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                     At least 4 billionaires live in Indiana. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                         Dang, 0.5 * MA billionaires. Thanks for the non-answer answer. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                             Anytime. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                 You mean Aeroflot West? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 "From each according to his abilities . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                     I have only one good reason. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                         Not for long - the Russians . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     Nice save: Not. -NT - (rcareaga)
                                                     talk about "disingenuous." - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                         Dishonest? How so? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             hyperbole much? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 I have never exaggerated in my entire life! -NT - (malraux)
                                                             hookers and coke dealers dont contribute? disagree -NT - (boxley)
                                                             Re: Dishonest? How so? (You didn't need any hyperbole..) - (Ashton)
                                                     inexplicable dupe - (rcareaga)
                                     Jesusland? No thanks. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                         that may be overblown - (boxley) - (3)
                                             And daughters. And cousins. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 They can stay home and meet daughters. And cousins. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     I meant neighbor's daughter's and cousins. Oops. Forget it. You're right. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 my new landlrd is a repo state rep - (boxley)
         Back on topic - (rcareaga) - (23)
             Question. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Answer: Yes - (rcareaga)
                 nope, Washington Post - (crazy) - (3)
                     Gee, I'm convinced. A stoner made a blog post. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         ah, ad hominem - (crazy) - (1)
                             But even so, I'll bite - (crazy)
             Apologies. I promise this is my first reply that will be on topic. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                 tell you what, mmoffitt - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Given the strain... - (folkert)
                     No offense, but I'll take Dr. Cohen's analysis over yours. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                         I admired Cohen's work in the eighties - (rcareaga)
                         Cohen is in Putin's pocket. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                             With respect, I don't think so. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                 so you believe him - (crazy) - (8)
                                     Your contribution >/dev/null - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         as expected - (crazy)
                                         He may be (or have been) a good guy, but... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             The government in Kiev is no more legal than the "separatist" leadership. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Lots of "look over there!!1" verbiage. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     And Saddam has WMD. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             All Know the precedents for "our Nationals are being harassed in ___" - (Ashton)
                                     To quote you, "Hheheeee hahahahahaa." Useful idiots are delightful. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Well, he's now at minimum senile and can't think straight. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The times, they are achangin' - (crazy) - (15)
             Here's one I hadn't thought of - (drook) - (14)
                 doesn't matter - (crazy) - (12)
                     Ayup - (rcareaga) - (5)
                         whenever I see BDS I read it as - (crazy) - (4)
                             Ed Ziemba.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 InfoWorld had a short story on him. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Ever since WordStar in 58k.. - (Ashton)
                             Good catch! - (a6l6e6x)
                     like here - (crazy) - (5)
                         On the other hand... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                             for sure - (crazy) - (3)
                                 Passed along.. +5 Smart - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     No idea level of drain bamage, but - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Heh.. - (Ashton)
                 Not how it works - (scoenye)

Is you stupid, or is you just high?
428 ms