IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is a personal idiom.
One which, I submit, accurately describes the regions of DE, MA, NY, CT, ME, DC and NJ. Take away bit processing and paper pushing and those folks have literally nothing to contribute. Left to their own devices, they'd starve in a fortnight. Yet somehow they've managed to nearly destroy the entire economy twice. As a bonus, they gave us the first Civil War and this century is young enough and their policies and outright ownership of the federal government comprehensive enough to start a Civil War in this century and keep their string of "contributions" alive.

With respect to your characterization of me being an unhip, uncool dead-ender, I take no offense. The best years of this country are behind it; there is no saving it now. The best days of this country came about when the now idiotic notions such as, "It isn't in one's best interest to be a drug addict" were held by the majority. These were not the views of the unkempt, unwashed fringe of The Haight during the era and I concede those "stupid old ideas" have fallen out of favor with the majority and it appears increasingly as though the theretofore considered "rantings of the drug crazed minority" have become de riguere. So, I accept willingly the appellation "dead-ender." I also confess I am quite pleased that my childhood heroes Illych and Sergeyevich are to be proven at least partially right and that this will happen likely in my lifetime - we will fall and from within.
New Re: It is a personal idiom.
Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.
New rofl. :-)
New and as an added bonus
In that case, you'll also live long enough to see those damn kids get off your lawn. For the rest, I'll take your "worthless thumb" over the pus-filled cyst that is the American South.

cordially,

New Now now...
Let's not get nasty about pus. You might hurt its feelings.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Ubi pus, ibi evacua
New Cherry-picking for fun and profit.
Pretty sure you're not that dumb, Mike, so you must be aware that you're being disingenuous.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Okay. Mea Culpa.
But even with all its warts I'd still rather live in the South or, $DEITY help me, Indiana than anywhere in the Northeast.
New Not me.
Fundies, humidity, and way too many hard right conservatives for my taste.
Regards,
-scott
New Vermont might be okay.
But I grew up in Southern Cal so I know what it's like to live on an ant hill. I had way too much of that. In the South you still have the opportunity for space. And the Blue Ridge Mountains are not all that humid. Of course, there are the Copperheads, Cottonmouths and rattlesnakes to contend with.
New You don't think all of NY looks like NYC, right?
Regards,
-scott
New Sure. Some of it looks like Buffalo. (just kidding)
New To paraphrase the late Herb Caen
It's pleasant to think that the kind of people who prefer Indiana to Massachusetts tend to live in Indiana.

(and yeah, as malreaux points out, one could as well trot out a picture of a tony neighborhood in Princeton NJ and pair it with a particularly unphotogenic trailerpark out in the White Trash Mountains of Kentucky without scoring any meaningful points for the favored region.)

cordially,
New And support those living in MA, NJ, NY, etc sic nauseum.
New Walked right into that one, didn't you?
Federal tax dollars received vs. federal tax dollars paid:

New Jersey: 0.61:1.00
New York: 0.79:1.00
Massachusetts: 0.82:1.00
Indiana: 1.05:1.00

Tell us again about how you stalwart midwestern yeomen subsidize the "takers" in the Northeast? Gawd, but you're a pretty big fish in a pretty small barrel.

cordially,
New I ain't talkin' just about the taxes, Sparky.
How many investment banksters are in MA? You think that ain't stealin'?
New At least 4 billionaires live in Indiana.
New Dang, 0.5 * MA billionaires. Thanks for the non-answer answer.
New Anytime.
I still get a chuckle out of the idea of arguing with a Marxist with his own private airplane. :-D

Cheers,
Scott.
New You mean Aeroflot West? ;0)
New "From each according to his abilities . . .
. . to each according to his needs."

I'm sure he can come up with some very good reasons why he really, really needs that airplane.

New I have only one good reason.
I will be directing the revolution from the air.
New Not for long - the Russians . . .
. . will happily sell the capitalists SA-3/S125s.
New Nice save: Not.
New talk about "disingenuous."
Actually, this riposte screeches right over disingenuous and right into dishonesty.
New Dishonest? How so?
State Street Corp, Nuance, OneBeacon Insurance, EMC, Akamai, Eaton Vance, Kopin Corp, are these not all bit twiddlers or paper pushers? In what way is it dishonest to say so?

But let's not isolate the Worthless Thumb to just MA. The biggest waste of everything is New York. There's not a single person on Wall Street, arguably on the entire Manhattan Island, who ever got a dime that he didn't steal from someone else - in most cases a Non-New Yorker. The only thing Wall Street and their Boston based cousins are good for is extracting all value from something - anything. Goldman was at one time (perhaps still is) the world's largest oil company. Do they do anything with the oil? Nope. Do they even receive oil? Nope, don't have the ability. But they can make tens of millions of dollars by insuring that all the people who use it pay *them* for nothing. They took our pensions, they took the value of our homes, they screwed the entire world's economy up by playing with oil prices and betting against their own "products" and they're well on their way to screwing us even harder should we "decide" to "consume" health care. They are now and always have been a non-value-added tax upon virtually everything that is used in this country. And, as another bonus, they own our alleged representation in DC. Plain and simple these people are not to be trusted, not the best of them.

New hyperbole much?
There's not a single person on Wall Street, arguably on the entire Manhattan Island, who ever got a dime that he didn't steal from someone else

And there's not a single North American of European descent living today who didn't personally participate in the extermination of the continent's indigenous peoples. Geez, mmoffitt, listen to yourself!
New I have never exaggerated in my entire life!
Regards,
-scott
New hookers and coke dealers dont contribute? disagree
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Re: Dishonest? How so? (You didn't need any hyperbole..)
That the vast %wealth of the dis-USA IS in the pockets of effete-inheritors, of System-gamers, of the mere ethics-free ordinary greed-driven--sociopaths most-all--seems obvious by inspection. Further psychoanalyzing all of these, merely adds colorless-detail to a bunch of exploitive misanthropes: now owning simply %ludicrous of All [material + services] There Is.
Does one really need numbers to more than a couple decimal places to see this utter Proof-of-failure? Does one need Robert's Rules of Order for the obvious to be adjudged-sane/else the conclusion may be ignored?

Marx 'won', but mayhap.. had he addressed/parsed a question of ~ "whether Vulture-capitalism might be.. corralled into some potentially benign direction" (?) his Win might now be uncontested--he left a loophole for that argument. Besides, it wasn't Marxism which was proven-faulty: Stalin's personality alone, as solo dictator: annulled any checks and balances of that 'democratic centralism'--a self-evident root of Lenin's idea of practical governance (unless I missed 3 or 4 others. Nothing is ever this simple.)

This is all moot, here. 'Capitalism' (especially the destructive mind-sets in all other areas of Life, which it inculcates) focusses upon clever, ethics-free manipulations on all scales: is therefore Anti-Society of any sort (unless one accepts the gambling palace rubric, Winner Takes All.)
(As to the prevailing gullibility and pig-ignorance: you can blame whatever -ism includes a financial model which guarantees that a large majority of the populace shall remain perpetually insecure; of food, medical care and domicile. Screw the pot, too: Muricans were as oblivious before as during its rise as an Escape-nostrum from the prevailing shitty-zeitgeist.

Ed: double [-]
Expand Edited by Ashton July 30, 2014, 04:43:40 AM EDT
New inexplicable dupe
(a handle we might apply to the target)
Expand Edited by rcareaga July 29, 2014, 04:11:15 PM EDT
New Jesusland? No thanks.
New that may be overblown
most of the reasons folks that go to church in the south is to meet other folks wives.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New And daughters. And cousins. ;0)
New They can stay home and meet daughters. And cousins.
--

Drew
New I meant neighbor's daughter's and cousins. Oops. Forget it. You're right. ;0)
     NYT 2014 = Cronkite 1968? - (rcareaga) - (84)
         Velly intellesting! - (folkert) - (3)
             Because money and land actually matter - (drook) - (2)
                 'zactly! -NT - (folkert)
                 +1 on that! - (a6l6e6x)
         What do I care what a bunch of damned yankees says about anything. - (mmoffitt) - (39)
             No one imagines anymore that you're persuadable - (rcareaga) - (38)
                 It is a personal idiom. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                     Re: It is a personal idiom. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     and as an added bonus - (rcareaga) - (33)
                         Now now... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Ubi pus, ibi evacua -NT - (rcareaga)
                         I knew you were a closet bankster fan. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                             Cherry-picking for fun and profit. - (malraux) - (29)
                                 Okay. Mea Culpa. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                     Not me. - (malraux) - (3)
                                         Vermont might be okay. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             You don't think all of NY looks like NYC, right? -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                 Sure. Some of it looks like Buffalo. (just kidding) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     To paraphrase the late Herb Caen - (rcareaga) - (18)
                                         And support those living in MA, NJ, NY, etc sic nauseum. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                             Walked right into that one, didn't you? - (rcareaga) - (16)
                                                 I ain't talkin' just about the taxes, Sparky. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                     At least 4 billionaires live in Indiana. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                         Dang, 0.5 * MA billionaires. Thanks for the non-answer answer. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                             Anytime. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                 You mean Aeroflot West? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 "From each according to his abilities . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                     I have only one good reason. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                         Not for long - the Russians . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     Nice save: Not. -NT - (rcareaga)
                                                     talk about "disingenuous." - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                                         Dishonest? How so? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             hyperbole much? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 I have never exaggerated in my entire life! -NT - (malraux)
                                                             hookers and coke dealers dont contribute? disagree -NT - (boxley)
                                                             Re: Dishonest? How so? (You didn't need any hyperbole..) - (Ashton)
                                                     inexplicable dupe - (rcareaga)
                                     Jesusland? No thanks. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                         that may be overblown - (boxley) - (3)
                                             And daughters. And cousins. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 They can stay home and meet daughters. And cousins. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     I meant neighbor's daughter's and cousins. Oops. Forget it. You're right. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 my new landlrd is a repo state rep - (boxley)
         Back on topic - (rcareaga) - (23)
             Question. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Answer: Yes - (rcareaga)
                 nope, Washington Post - (crazy) - (3)
                     Gee, I'm convinced. A stoner made a blog post. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         ah, ad hominem - (crazy) - (1)
                             But even so, I'll bite - (crazy)
             Apologies. I promise this is my first reply that will be on topic. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                 tell you what, mmoffitt - (rcareaga) - (15)
                     Given the strain... - (folkert)
                     No offense, but I'll take Dr. Cohen's analysis over yours. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                         I admired Cohen's work in the eighties - (rcareaga)
                         Cohen is in Putin's pocket. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                             With respect, I don't think so. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                 so you believe him - (crazy) - (8)
                                     Your contribution >/dev/null - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                         as expected - (crazy)
                                         He may be (or have been) a good guy, but... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             The government in Kiev is no more legal than the "separatist" leadership. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Lots of "look over there!!1" verbiage. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     And Saddam has WMD. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             All Know the precedents for "our Nationals are being harassed in ___" - (Ashton)
                                     To quote you, "Hheheeee hahahahahaa." Useful idiots are delightful. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Well, he's now at minimum senile and can't think straight. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         The times, they are achangin' - (crazy) - (15)
             Here's one I hadn't thought of - (drook) - (14)
                 doesn't matter - (crazy) - (12)
                     Ayup - (rcareaga) - (5)
                         whenever I see BDS I read it as - (crazy) - (4)
                             Ed Ziemba.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 InfoWorld had a short story on him. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Ever since WordStar in 58k.. - (Ashton)
                             Good catch! - (a6l6e6x)
                     like here - (crazy) - (5)
                         On the other hand... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                             for sure - (crazy) - (3)
                                 Passed along.. +5 Smart - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     No idea level of drain bamage, but - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Heh.. - (Ashton)
                 Not how it works - (scoenye)

Surreptitious semblances scamper surrealistically, strewing scabrous solecisms, simpering sophistry - striving sententiously - still, scintillating serendipity seems South. Zymotic, yellowish xeroxed vellums unsatisfactorily trumpet simple rationales: querulous ponderings of nebulous musings. Let knaves justly invoke hoary genuflection, for early doth craven biliousness atrophy.
165 ms