IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Can you simulate what you want?
Instead of 6 square virtual desktops, make 3 double-wide virtual desktops, perhaps? You would still have the issue of having to (somehow) run multiple views of the same application if you want to see it on both tubes at the same time, but it might reduce your desktop flipping a little.

Maybe you can get your boss to get you one of [link|http://www.digitaltigers.com/displays-atlas.shtml|these] and not need worry about it any more. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New It is closer to...
just run 2 copies of X, one for each monitor. Then put 3 virtual desktops on one side, and 3 on the other.

Your suggestion gives me 3 possible pairs of virtual desktops up at once. This gives me 9 out of the 15 desired pairs of virtual desktops up at once. Any time that I'm interested flipping between the other 6 combinations, I'll be cursing away. :-/

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Dual desktops, to same set of virtual desktops? - (ben_tilly) - (47)
         I haven't found anything. - (folkert) - (35)
             Thanks for trying - (ben_tilly) - (31)
                 Brute-force method - (drewk) - (30)
                     That solves the wrong problem - (ben_tilly) - (29)
                         Punt - (drewk) - (28)
                             Ironic - (ben_tilly) - (27)
                                 No reply would have been better than #240993. IMHO. -NT - (Another Scott) - (26)
                                     Can you explain why? - (ben_tilly) - (25)
                                         Clarification - (drewk) - (4)
                                             Can you tell me how... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                 I think this is clearer. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Yes, that is clearer - (ben_tilly)
                                                 It's an "instance" problem - (drewk)
                                         Why people get pissed off at you: - (admin) - (17)
                                             Try to word my ideal response - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                                                 I did... - (admin) - (1)
                                                     Not quite - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Been meaning to ask - (drewk) - (13)
                                                     WTF is that supposed to mean? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                                                         Lighten up, Francis[1] - (drewk) - (8)
                                                             None of which I have seen - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                                 You've never seen *any* of them? - (drewk) - (6)
                                                                     I don't watch TV, remember? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                         Two were movies, and yes I remember - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                             Well next time please do - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                 Ben, you and I both had somewhat eclectic upbringings - (boxley)
                                                                                 Didn't mean to - (drewk)
                                                                     maybe the same planet I'm from 'cause - (cforde)
                                                         Nanu, nanu! -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                             Shazbot! -NT - (Yendor)
                                                         Jesus wept - (broomberg)
                                         My $0.02. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Thanks, that helps -NT - (ben_tilly)
             What about VNC? - (bepatient) - (2)
                 How could that possibly work? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     nope, you're correct - (bepatient)
         Maybe Xfce 4.2? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks, that *does* look promising..or not - (ben_tilly)
         s/linux/osx/g I know, solving wrong problem :-) -NT - (boxley) - (8)
             You can't do what I want with OS X, either. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                 perhaps you are right but from your description - (boxley) - (6)
                     Read the description again - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                         Can you simulate what you want? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             It is closer to... - (ben_tilly)
                         From what I'm reading.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             That part of it is very doable - (ben_tilly)
                             An alternate approach (new thread) - (ben_tilly)

I say your young men'll be fritterin'!
119 ms