Reason on this topic was Out to Launch billions of lines of bafflegab ago. Even her autistic-child, logic cannot withstand the temperature of flambunctiousness of an NRA Preacher at his Gunstock-walnut pulpit. When Charlatan Heston gets that throb in his voice, you'll have to pry it outta my cold dead fingers cha cha cha - well, all phrase-parsing or faux-sincerity re What They Really Meant\ufffd, goes the way of Our Special Relationship sociopathy.

(Now in MIB, Mr. Militia-of-One tried that line on Mr. visiting Bugman; 112 mSec later he WAS Mr. Bugman (well, sorta, physiognomically speaking))

By now, of course, here -- where Every problem launches a (War on (Wars on (Wars))) -- it's a sub-Religion just below Unrestrained Capitali$m. The myth of the Free Market cha cha, despite where all the loot ends up - now more than ever - is sustained via recitation of the daily mantra never Mind looking at Those results. Ditto re the carnage with the kiddies + their AK-47s in matching gang-Colors plastic stocks.

Both of these National Religions are vastly more popular than that other one that gets so much lip service and lip-trembling for an hour a week, and helps launch all those ((Wars On)) Crusades n'stuff. Impermeable; both fantasies.

I suppose these derive from the criminal nature of the Yahoo-entrepreneurs who came, saw, snuffed and then became instantly sanctimonious about their Gawd-given Right to Snuff [any old previous owners] because .. well, Gawd Said they Could because They Did It for <--- Gawd.

Confucius warned what happens when language itself becomes fucked through disregard (and then for profit): "justice" will go astray. QED in Chinese -
(Would that be a pictogram of a dictionary burning?)

I suppose that when you expand the hubris a few orders of magnitude, create a whole plurality of folks claiming the personal Ear of the One True Gawd (in Whose Name you can do any piece-of-shit sophistry you can say) ~~ entoned, with Hammond organ music in background: who needs digital logic to fuck it up even more.

Have a case of Scotch, a carton of Camels; but no pot - that can get you 40 yrs-to-life.

Ashton - who heard a discussion t'other night re "Is, 'One Nation Under God\ufffd' a religious statement?" Yes, they were all wearing suits..

c/o Bedlam, USA