Note to obsessed programmers:

PEOPLE DO NOT BEHAVE LOGICALLY.
(Well, hardly ever, and then usually when planning their portfolio, not when reading their Good Books and actually acting on those. Etc.)

Captain Kirk has already explained it to us, in one of those (early) exchanges with a testy Spock.. commenting upon humans' massive predilection for every kind of -cide.

Exasperated, Kirk says, (IIRC)

YES, YES .. WE'RE KILLERS!
.. but each day we can get up and say,
'Today.. I Won't Kill'.

Now this conversation was fictional and set in a (hoped-for) future.. a really Large hope, given the proliferation of 'guns' of the nuclear sort - and with all the OVER-kill which a gun/nuke represents over, say

a slap in the face..

TODAY: We Know we're still iggerant adolescents with too fucking many toys; we entertain ourselves with infinite variations on mayhem, [mayhem + sex}, torture, rape, mass- and individual color-graphic Slaughter
[with/ without sex or separately].

We remain under the madness that is Puritanism, but hourly encouraged to indulge Every Fantasy via toys that all are only Too-eager to sell to All. For $$ - that makes it OK. Capitalismicide?

So in *this milieu* -As With Children, in all things-

AVAILABILITY MATTERS.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Ashton

PS - since Peter promised by proxy, The SUV Rant:

See, eventually it will reach the USSC -
(if it hasn't been folded into the RNC, officially):

The case of *All Drivers* on the roads [plaintiff] that:
the presence of trackless-tanks amidst ordinary cars == a unnecessary hazard to that class [All Drivers] ergo..

compensation followed by official disincentives to continue doing this anti-social type toy stuff of big kids playing in the world-as-[My]-sandbox.

Inevitable. Matches must be kept from toddlers, SUVs from 2 yos.
[2 yo: the age of Mine Mine]