IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Most of the above
Except for Industrial. It's been well over a year, ,maybe even two, since I've had a meal at McDonalds, f'rinstance, and I don't have frozen pre-prepared meals. Except for those times where dinner == nothing but ice cream :-)

I'm not one of these 'If it's not steak it's note food!' types, will happily have the occasional vegetarian day or two or three.

I agree with Peter's importance placed on breakfast, but it's usually only Sunday morning's when I can be bothered cooking myself up some bacon and eggs and toast. My favourite Sunday brekky is pancakes but I can't be arsed cooking them for myself so it just doesn't happen.

(Oh, and comments about Austrlalian wine are in the same boat as the comments on British cuisine :) )
John. Busy lad.
New Australian Wine.
Well, I don't know what you guys put in the wine down under, but one brand at least, "Crocodile Rock", gave me one hell of a case of tintinitis (ringing in the ears). When the "white noise" is drowning out car noise and freeway traffic, you know it's bad. I went out and bought a bottle of ginkgo biloba pills and popped them for a couple weeks (ginko is approved for treatment of tintinitis in Germany).

Further experiments confirmed it was the Crocodile Rock. Later, one morning, I woke up with tintinitis again and wondered, "why the hell is this back". Then I remembered I'd absent mindedly finished off a bottle I found in the fridge, and sure enough, it was Crocodile Rock.

Eventually, I'll try more Australian wines, and if this problem doesn't reappear I'll exhonerate the country at large, but Crocodile Rock is off my approved substances list (incidentally, it did taste pretty good).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well Australian Wines are far better than Most US wines
better than Mexican wines not as good as french, german or italian wines. About on a Par with South African and Spanish wineries, and of course anything found in California.
thanx,
bill
when I was young I envisioned myself as the embodiment of Trinity, Now I realize I have turned into the Bambino
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I'm with you.
Carno-moderate. For that matter, carbo-moderate, veggi-moderate, rough-o-moderate--heck, just plain moderate. I trust my body to tell me when I'm getting low on any of the above (vitamins are a different matter). Therefore, I'm biased against most formulaic diets.

However, breakfast will always have a warm place in my heart (and gut). Common breakfast for me:

Cut a medium peeled potato into 1/2 inch cubes.
Fry in a wok.
Add some onion.
Add 2-3 eggs (depending on size).
Serve with ketchup and sausage.

Mmm, good. But general rule is: anything they serve at IHOP is fine by me (but better at home). On the other hand, some of the worst meals of my life were breakfasts on the Shepperton lot--all the things Peter rattled off? I's agin' 'em.
     Drawing the Battle Lines - (Andrew Grygus) - (72)
         Vegi-moderate - (Andrew Grygus)
         Carno-Moderate - (Yendor)
         British - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Yes, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 Stereotype, AFAICT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     A few years ago Natural History magazine . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         I imagine that cuisine in Detroit is not dissimilar - (pwhysall)
                         Re: A few years ago Natural History magazine . . - (deSitter)
             remember a breakfast in Landridnod Wells, Wales - (boxley)
         Carnivore unless count potatoes as vegies -NT - (ChrisR)
         Too Little Time Carno-Vegi-Industrial-Moderate - (Another Scott)
         Some nits - (admin) - (6)
             Vegans etc. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Welp, since I used to be a non-ethical Vegan... - (admin)
                 macrobiotics, is that like a Hari Krishna dinner? - (boxley) - (3)
                     Don't know about other areas . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Right: fungi decidedly not satwic ;-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                             It makes perfect sense . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Carno-Moderate to Carnivore - (lincoln)
         Most of the above - (Meerkat) - (3)
             Australian Wine. - (Andrew Grygus)
             Well Australian Wines are far better than Most US wines - (boxley)
             I'm with you. - (FuManChu)
         will only eat vegetarian meat - (boxley)
         Re: Drawing the Battle Lines - (deSitter) - (1)
             I'm about where you are - (ben_tilly)
         Carno-Moderate r'Us. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             dang fine iced tea it is :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Re: Carno-Moderate r'Us. - (deSitter)
             Year-round, but instant -NT - (drewk)
         Once Macrobiotic, now Industrial - (tjsinclair) - (11)
             Is there a potential market for industrial macrobiotic food? - (boxley) - (10)
                 Not quite miso soup, but . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     seen a lot of viet stores local but no Korean - (boxley)
                 Possibly - (tjsinclair) - (7)
                     Well, there are very good reasons . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         I prefer using gas myself - (tjsinclair) - (3)
                             Ditto. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Those buttons are all in a horizontal row? - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                     Yup. You volunteering? ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Bad burn with my new electric - (drewk) - (1)
                             New electrics can be dangerous. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Battle lines and labels... - (hnick) - (2)
             ? I'm sure the labels are tongue-in-cheek. - (Another Scott)
             A sense of humor goes well with food . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Omnivore and proud. I guess that make me Carno-Moderate - (Silverlock) - (3)
             Ditto. I like to call it "well-balanced" ;-) - (bepatient)
             Nothing that moves and no insects. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 you mean no whole insects - (boxley)
         Smack in the middle... - (CRConrad) - (17)
             whats a traditional Finnish Breakfast consist of? - (boxley) - (15)
                 Porridge / sandwiches / cereals in sour milk + lots o'coffee -NT - (CRConrad) - (14)
                     sour milk as in buttermilk? how is it soured? -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                         Bacteria cultures; dunno what, exactly. What's "buttermilk"? -NT - (CRConrad) - (10)
                             Buttermilk . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 No, milk doesn't have to be soured to make butter. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Buttermilk was invented in the days of the hand churn. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 why do they call it "sweet cream butter" :-) - (boxley) - (4)
                                     Perhaps a little souring would have eased your churning? - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                         more like deadly taste like sh*t -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Note that the sourness is not oil soluable . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 we had the old crock churn and the paddle with handle - (boxley)
                                 AFAIK Southern mostly - (deSitter)
                             buttermik is the liquid thats left after making butter, - (boxley)
                         Probably mostly creme fraiche, which you can't get . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Nope. With *cereal*?!? "Corn flakes and Creme Fraiche"??? - (CRConrad)
             Same place on the scale for me -NT - (drewk)
         Not sure where I fall. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Do you burn a lot of incense? - (boxley)
         ALL barring the "Vegan" - (folkert) - (2)
             yabbut is mountain dew a vegetable :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 That was never 5 minutes... Oh wait. - (folkert)

Why not just name him Hitler B. Evil?
148 ms