But I'll say that your initial forays certainly didn't seem to indicate that level of education. Whether that's a mark on the learning, or the individual I won't comment on. :)

Why should you doubt my word on shit like this in the first place, Addison, considering it's exactly this kind of shit that I've studied full-time

Because I made a statement that should have been very easily understood by someone with econ background, and you jump and ridicule it, and say something that I consider to be at odds with that education you boast? Even with that knowledge now, I'd have to go back and edit and say "you should certainly know better".

If you've had that much econ, then you know what I'm talking about. So to make the comment you did, that's at the time all I've got to measure your knowledge by.

I'm not indoctrinated in some weird special kind of pseudo-Soviet Swedish Economics...) for far too many years -- which, AFAICT, you haven't?

You're right. I've never studied any pseudo-Soviet Swedish Economics.

Oh, and either I'm reading you wrong, or your "0 elasticity, everything's interchangeable" and "The more elastic things are, the more interchangable ... The less elastic, the less interchangeable" seem to imply you think elasticity is somehow synonymous with interchangeability.

D'oh. You're right. There are seperate conditions, and they are in some cases related/linked, (which is what I was thinking about). They should be considered seperately, sorry about that.

Mea Culpa.

Addison