IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No you're not...
I said...
Speaking as a general rule, people who are sick do what they can to get better.
For that definition of "sick," you are decidedly not. Why do I say this? Because you are not trying to get better.

Here is life as I see it. Take it for what you will, but it's been working well for me for 28-plus years:
  1. You're born.
  2. Shit happens.
  3. You do what is in your power to deal with (2).
    • Corollary:Sometimes the wise choice is to simply walk away from what is bothering you. Especially when what it is that is bothering you has very little meaning in the Grand Scheme Of Things.
  4. You die.
My suggestion (and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks this) is that you follow the corollary to (3) above. I don't think anyone here will deny that you've got issues. But you are not doing anything about them.

For reasons completely unrelated to anything to do with this, I was reading [link|http://www.tuxedo.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html|ESR's FAQ on How To Ask Questions The Smart Way]. Towards the bottom, I came across [link|http://www.tuxedo.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing|How To Not Act Like A Loser]. To wit:
On Not Reacting Like A Loser

Odds are you'll screw up a few times on hacker community forums \ufffd in ways detailed in this article, or similar. And you'll be told exactly how you screwed up, possibly with colourful asides. In public.

When this happens, the worst thing you can do is whine about the experience, claim to have been verbally assaulted, demand apologies, scream, hold your breath, threaten lawsuits, complain to people's employers, leave the toilet seat up, etc.
The suggested resolution?
Get over it. It's normal.
Think about your actions, both here and on [link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|K5], and how they relate to what it is suggested you not do in hacker fora (of which this is definitely one.)

And that, my dear Norman King, is what we all (if I may be so bold as to speak for a large part of the group here) want you to do.

GET OVER IT.

-YendorMike

[link|http://www.hope-ride.org/|http://www.hope-ride.org/]
New But he IS doing something about them.
He's working very hard and very successfully to build an ever bigger and stinkier cesspool to wallow in. He's getting a perverse pleasure out of all this, so there's no way he's going to change his behavior.

Every statement he makes and every action he takes is carefully crafted to make things worse, because that's what he enjoys. When reality doesn't suffice, he invents enemies out of whatever scraps he can find - the more enemies the better - real enemies (in short supply), fabricated enemies or imaginary enemies are all good so long as he can whine about them.

Threats of suicide are just a cheap trick to get attention, as is suicide itself. Preferably you survive (lots of attention), but if you don't, you go out enjoying the remourse you imagine the world will have for not having treated you better.

The cure for suicide is the realization the world isn't going to have one molecule of remorse - it's just going to be slightly annoyed that you left it with the bother of disposing of the remains of a moron who wallowed in his own stink.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I am doing smething about it
Ignore the crap Andy is spounting out.

I have seen a Doctor, I am taking my medication, I have been to a hospital, and like it or not I am getting better a little bit at a time.

I do not invent up enemies, nor do I live a fantasy life. Anyone who says those things are lying as they obviously do not know me.

My God is not cruel, sorry about yours.
     Hey Norm/Orion/Cable - (Stryfe) - (82)
         A probationary system would be nice. -NT - (folkert) - (80)
             Naw, just a delete key. - (jbrabeck) - (79)
                 Agreed. - (bepatient) - (78)
                     Problem should be taken care of now. - (admin) - (77)
                         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Also, thanks! - (jb4)
                         What is with the database optimization BS? - (orion) - (74)
                             Old web page from the database migration. - (admin) - (71)
                                 Could this entire thread be removed, oh mighty Spork? -NT - (bepatient) - (70)
                                     No. - (admin) - (69)
                                         Some other percepts you need to add - (orion) - (68)
                                             If you don't like it around here, you don't have to stay. -NT - (static) - (39)
                                                 I'll stay alright - (orion) - (38)
                                                     Re: I'll stay alright - (admin) - (11)
                                                         Yeah right - (orion) - (10)
                                                             Re: Yeah right - (admin) - (8)
                                                                 I have to say - (Scott Hacker) - (7)
                                                                     Muah ha ha...thats a good one Norm. -NT - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                         That was not me - (orion) - (5)
                                                                             Bullshit. - (admin) - (4)
                                                                                 Go ahead and post them - (orion) - (3)
                                                                                     Yooo.. Norm... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                                         Really mature - (orion) - (1)
                                                                                             Hmmm... - (folkert)
                                                             your whining about a 16k debt? - (boxley)
                                                     To quote someone else here... - (static) - (2)
                                                         The face cannot hear - (orion)
                                                         You are right... that *DID* catch a few *ONs* -NT - (folkert)
                                                     Either way you are foresworn - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                                                         I am back for more - (orion) - (21)
                                                             I know you are but what am I? - (Yendor)
                                                             Re: I am back for more - (jbrabeck) - (19)
                                                                 Oh maybe you missed it? - (orion) - (18)
                                                                     You need a proctocraniotomy. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                         Alas there is not much hope for me - (orion) - (1)
                                                                             No, it's "proctocraniotomy" - (Yendor)
                                                                     I hope someone else has a copy of that email - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                                                                         Moi.___As if that matters, in context.___What to do? (new thread) - (Ashton)
                                                                         A liar - (orion) - (12)
                                                                             Were that your only lie, it would not be an issue - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                                                                                 Drop it already Ben - (orion) - (7)
                                                                                     Take your own advice, please. -NT - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                         I will if they leave me alone - (orion) - (5)
                                                                                             Re: I will if they leave me alone - (Yendor) - (4)
                                                                                                 They won't leave me alone - (orion) - (3)
                                                                                                     You desperately don't want to be left alone. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                                                         I am a lie - (orion) - (1)
                                                                                                             Uh... Norm - (folkert)
                                                                                 Dear and noble hearts, consider... - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                                     Hard to determine...but good advice all the same. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                     Good advice - (orion)
                                             Bullshit. - (admin) - (5)
                                                 RIght back at you! - (orion) - (4)
                                                     To prove it: - (admin) - (2)
                                                         Ironically those posts - (orion) - (1)
                                                             No posts were renumbered. - (admin)
                                                     Actually, I didn't. - (jake123)
                                             C'mon buddy. - (bepatient) - (21)
                                                 You have all forsaken me - (orion) - (20)
                                                     norm take it off line for several weeks - (boxley) - (19)
                                                         I am tired of being pushed around - (orion) - (18)
                                                             maybe time to post any logs -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 Re: maybe time to post any logs - (admin) - (1)
                                                                     Sorry Scott - (orion)
                                                             Re: I am tired of being pushed around - (admin) - (13)
                                                                 nslookup - (boxley)
                                                                 Scott, you should show the... - (folkert)
                                                                 Clearly then it could not be me - (orion) - (10)
                                                                     since he is attacking you could you not request - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         I just did - (orion)
                                                                     Re: Clearly then it could not be me - (deSitter) - (7)
                                                                         I apologize for being sick - (orion) - (6)
                                                                             Norm, you are not sick - (Yendor) - (5)
                                                                                 But I am sick - (orion) - (4)
                                                                                     Sorry I wont be nicer after you are dead I wont think about - (boxley)
                                                                                     No you're not... - (Yendor) - (2)
                                                                                         But he IS doing something about them. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                                         I am doing smething about it - (orion)
                                                             Well I'm tired of your games...so there :-P -NT - (bepatient)
                             My guess is your browser - (jake123) - (1)
                                 No it is not the browser - (orion)
         I am not afraid of you, just try it! - (orion)

Nature has its own cure for stupidity.
310 ms