IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "I can not tell you that name for it would be a Sin!"
Claim all you want that I'm manufacturing facts.

pronoun:
1. The part of speech that substitutes for nouns or noun phrases and designates persons or things asked for, previously specified, or understood from the context.

So, if "God" is a pronoun, then you can identify the noun (God's Name).

So... Because I won't use the name, that means you can say that the name is anything you want?
No.

You made a statement that "God" is NOT the name of the god of the Christians.

Fine. Then tell me what the name of the god of the Christians is.

Now, you fail to comply with this request.

My position is that you failed because I was correct and "God" is the name of the god of the Christians.

You claim that you are refusing to comply based upon religious restrictions.

ahahhahahahahahhahahahah
ahahhaahahahahahahhahahah
ahahahahahahahahhahahaha
hahahahahahhahahahahhahah
ahhahahahahhahahahhahahha
hahahhahahahahhahhahahha
etc.

Allah is to Muslims as ________ is to Christians.
New I did identify it.
I pointed to where it can be found.

If you can't be troubled to look, then that hardly invalidates my statement.

But then, logic is hardly your strong point, is it?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New I asked you to post it. Can you understand "post it"?
"It can be found written in a book, locked in a box, buriend in a cave, guarded by three dragons on an island in a remote sea."

There. I've told you where it can be found.

If you can't be troubled to look, then that hardly invalidates my statement.
Actually, it does.

Instead of posting the name of the god of the Christians, you are saying that I should go look for it.

That invalidates your position.

You have lost the debate.

Whether your religion will allow you to accept this or not is your problem.

But then, logic is hardly your strong point, is it?
You can't post the name of the god of the Christians because it would be a Sin and you're saying that >I< have a problem with "logic"?

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha
hahahahahhahahahahahahahha
ahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha
ahhahahahahahhahahahhahahaha
New Ok. Insist on 'winning' this 'debate'.
Anyone who reads this thread, who has ever actually read the Bible, knows how completely incorrect your arguments are.

The name of the Christian God is not "God". I know the name - the fact that you refuse to look where I point does not invalidate that fact - any more than your refusal to look up a constant that I (for whatever reason) refused to quote from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics would enable you to set the value of the said constant. Well, you can use whatever fantasy-land value you wanted, I guess. You'd just get fantasy-land results.

Like you did in this case.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
Expand Edited by imric June 28, 2002, 04:01:09 PM EDT
New How many chances do you want?
Anyone who reads this thread, who has ever actually read the Bible, knows how completely incorrect your arguments are.
Yes. ANYONE who has ever read the Bible knows that I'm incorrect.

Except I've read the Bible.

Whoa! You "logic" just collapsed there.

The name of the Christian God is not "God". I know the name.......
But you can't tell me because it's a "sin".

Nor can you refer me to a chapter and verse.

... - the fact that you refuse to look where I point does not invalidate that fact - any more than your refusal to look up a constant that I (for whatever reason) refused to quote from the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics would enable you to set the value of the said constant.
And the reason you wouldn't state what a constant was would be......?

I'm hoping you won't say "because it's a sin".

Well, you can use whatever fantasy-land value you wanted, I guess. You'd just get fantasy-land results.
Ummm, you do realize you've just transposed chemistry and religion.

Maybe you would consider it a "sin" to reveal the constant.

Chemistry class must have been VERY interesting for you.
New You have read the Bible?
Then you have read the name of God, haven't you.

Oh, yeah. You know it's not spelled G-o-d, too.

Exodus 20
And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Hmm. The LORD thy God. Sure doesn't seem to be used as a proper noun there.

Imric's Tips for Living
New So the name of God is "Lord"?
From that paragraph you quoted, there seem to be only two options.

#1. Lord

#2. God

Which is it?

Or is that a "sin" also?
New Note.
The LORD

A title.

thy God.

A pronoun.

Note the capitalization of the pronoun.

Imric's Tips for Living
New thy servant, thy hand, thy words. NOT A PRONOUN!
All taken from your holy book.

No. "thy God" is NOT a pronoun".

No more than servant or hand or word is a pronoun.

It is a NOUN!

thy God.

A pronoun.
No. That is what is called a "noun". Look it up.
New So, what do you *call* Him? What letter is he filed under,..
...in the filing cabinet in your head?

And if *you*, SkippyJoe, don't call him "God" -- which I very very much doubt, though -- then would you at least be prepared to join me in thinking that the absolute majority of Americans, as opposed to you personally, *do* think of their god as "God"? (Wanna bet most of them don't even *know* his "real" name?)

And if the fact that most people (as in, pretty much everybody), in the USA of the year 2002, *call* the Christian god "God", if that doesn't mean that IN PRACTICE his "name" _I_S_ "God", then I don't fucking know what it's supposed to mean.

You got any better hypotheses as to what it means?
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
     Words fail me. - (Brandioch) - (143)
         They don't fail me - (rsf) - (4)
             I can respect their political ideology. - (Brandioch)
             The Declaration of Independence is UnConsititutional - (ChrisR) - (2)
                 Good thing it was a 'Press Release' - (imric)
                 We covered this elsewhere... - (jb4)
         There is no avoiding the problem. - (static) - (5)
             IIRC - originally the idea was to use 'Providence" - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Something else you reminded me of. - (static) - (2)
                     I guess that, we might find that development to be - (Ashton)
                     Unthinkable ~700 years ago; 1000, quite thinkable, AFAICS. - (CRConrad)
             Re: There is no avoiding the problem. - (wharris2)
         CNN polls oxymoron - (SpiceWare) - (131)
             Re: CNN polls oxymoron - (bepatient) - (130)
                 So you'd support a bill for "One nation, under Allah"? - (Brandioch) - (41)
                     Re: So you'd support a bill for "One nation, under Allah"? - (bepatient) - (40)
                         If it doesn't matter, then why does it matter? - (Brandioch) - (39)
                             ahh... - (bepatient) - (38)
                                 You can't just say it, can you? "God" == "Allah" - (Brandioch) - (37)
                                     That statement is false. - (imric) - (32)
                                         "God" != "god" - (Brandioch) - (31)
                                             Uh. Vishnu is a God. - (imric) - (30)
                                                 "a God". Pay careful attention to the "a" there. - (Brandioch) - (29)
                                                     So what? - (imric) - (28)
                                                         You missed it. - (Brandioch) - (27)
                                                             Have you asked a Muslim this? - (imric) - (26)
                                                                 Allah is to Muslims as __________ is to Christians. - (Brandioch) - (25)
                                                                     Insist that God is a name all you want. - (imric) - (8)
                                                                         To quote you "look in the Bible". - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                             Nope. Wrong again. - (imric) - (5)
                                                                                 Look up "circular reference". - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                     Confusing levels of reference - (imric) - (3)
                                                                                         Why am I wrong? Because the Bible says so. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                             Oh, I can prove you wrong - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                 How did it get printed if it's a sin to print it? - (Brandioch)
                                                                         If it begins with a G (not g), then yes, it IS "a name"! - (CRConrad)
                                                                     Fill in the blank - (Silverlock) - (12)
                                                                         Cool. I'll use "Tetragrammaton". - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                                             ROFL - I suppose "Him" is His name then , too? - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                 Buy yourself a dictionary. - (Brandioch)
                                                                             The picking of (imaginary) nits - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                                                 Awww, so it is dueling dictionaries then? - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                     The weakest link - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                                                         That's a complex question. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                             Ike is irrelevent. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                             We Pentagrammatonistas are Superior, we see that you see.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                 Where do I sign up? -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                     Many are called__but____few are chastened.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                 But he Heptagrammatonistas look down on you! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                     As a Jew I can say that in English ... - (bluke) - (2)
                                                                         +5 Informative. :-) -NT - (static)
                                                                         :) Not just Christian. - (Brandioch)
                                     Cool... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                         Is it History or English you failed? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                             Congress shall... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                 We covered that in a different thread. :) - (Brandioch)
                 The more I think about this, the less I understand - (Silverlock) - (82)
                     It isn't unConstitutional. - (Brandioch) - (81)
                         Uh huh. - (imric) - (80)
                             Not irrelevent. - (Brandioch) - (78)
                                 Wrong. - (imric) - (77)
                                     Well, please violate that rule right now. - (Brandioch) - (76)
                                         Oh, I won't. - (imric) - (65)
                                             I didn't think you would. - (Brandioch) - (64)
                                                 Now you ARE manufacturing data. - (imric) - (10)
                                                     "I can not tell you that name for it would be a Sin!" - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                         I did identify it. - (imric) - (8)
                                                             I asked you to post it. Can you understand "post it"? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                 Ok. Insist on 'winning' this 'debate'. - (imric) - (6)
                                                                     How many chances do you want? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                         You have read the Bible? - (imric) - (3)
                                                                             So the name of God is "Lord"? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                 Note. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                     thy servant, thy hand, thy words. NOT A PRONOUN! - (Brandioch)
                                                                     So, what do you *call* Him? What letter is he filed under,.. - (CRConrad)
                                                 I'll answer. - (static) - (52)
                                                     Gracias - a thoughtful clarification. Finally. - (Ashton)
                                                     I'll use this forum as my example. :) - (Brandioch) - (47)
                                                         Maybe the thread was worth the trouble.. - (Ashton) - (46)
                                                             Yup. - (Brandioch) - (45)
                                                                 Nah. - (imric) - (44)
                                                                     However one slices it - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                         Yup. -NT - (imric)
                                                                     So you keep saying. - (Brandioch) - (41)
                                                                         Static posted the Chapter and verse - (bepatient) - (40)
                                                                             You just can't get enough of me. - (Brandioch) - (39)
                                                                                 Its simply because I love you - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                                                     The point escapes you, yet again. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                                                                         Becuase you failed... - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                                                             "Straw Man" may not be invariably correct an - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                 Disappointed - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                     Blessed art those who expect nothing - (Ashton)
                                                                                             "Research"? You are an idiot. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                                                                 ... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                                     That's post #1. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                                                         Self-appointed... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                                             >logic< isn't Reason - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Add a debate class to that and I'm all for it. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                             Let me go over the criteria AGAIN. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                                                                 Its really no effort... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                                     Tell me why and adult would refuse to post it. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                                                                                         Why are you talking about me? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                                             NOW you're avoiding it?!? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 Whatever. - (bepatient)
                                                                                             Sorry, BeeP, but you're wrong on both counts. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                                                                 Rofl - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                     Quit the stupid laughter; it's still just not all that funny - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                                         Certainly it is.... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                             Sorry about the imbalance, but... - (CRConrad)
                                                                                 There is an error in your argument. - (static) - (15)
                                                                                     You'll note that your reference - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                                                         I had to chose something. - (static) - (5)
                                                                                             You don't live over here, do you? :) - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                                 Recent? - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                                                                     In my day, people respected their elders! - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                 Church vs State. - (static) - (1)
                                                                                                     How about a diode? - (Brandioch)
                                                                                     Could be. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                                         What? Never a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses at your door? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                                                             Not in YEARS. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                         I'd like to make some distinctions. - (static) - (2)
                                                                                             Agreed. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                                 We'll have to differ. - (static)
                                                                                         Uh... "God is a four-letter word", I think. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                             Mhy speling sux. - (Brandioch)
                                                     Nice of you to agree with Brandishim's original point. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                         Hello Christian. - (static) - (1)
                                                             Point? Just the first line (never mind why). Hi yerself! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         God, god, and gods - (ChrisR) - (9)
                                             Allah is to Muslims as _________ is to Christians. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                 Allah is to Arabic Speakers as God is to English speakers - (ChrisR) - (4)
                                                     Not quite. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                         The question is nonsensical because you... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                             No I'm not. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                 I think it's as obvious as, what is *meant* when a - (Ashton)
                                             "it intentionally offends those who fall outside of this - (Ashton)
                                             "One nation under glowing spooky stuff" -NT - (tablizer) - (1)
                                                 Yeah... Big glowing UFOs covered in OOP-turds, you mean? :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                             Stop calling it a pronoun, please. It isn't. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 I'm actually sympathetic to the guy who brought the case - (drewk) - (4)
                     Yeah.. after all the etymology dancing about - - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Matter of fact - (imric) - (2)
                             Kinda figgered that - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 ObSentient LRPDism: The (LoTR) Ring Rhyme. :-) -NT - (static)