IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think they're in their "last throes", to quote Darth Cheney.
How long it will take is anyone's guess, but things will get better.

The Koch Brothers aren't winning. Cantor was thrown out of office by a few thousand people who bothered to vote.

It's not hopeless. People need to double-down and fight the reactionary elements who only try to appeal to our lizard brains. It is happening; not uniformly of course, but it is happening.

Events in 2014 are tilting toward the Democrats. The US economy is finally gaining steam. Russia's belligerence in Ukraine is winding down. Iraq is falling apart, but it's doing so more slowly than it was a few weeks ago. Obama may be able to convince Bibi that invading Gaza again would be stupid and a cease-fire may happen soon. Even things that are are blowing up in the US and are problems, like the VA and the influx of Central American children, seems to be breaking Obama's way - he'll get a larger budget to address the problems, and it forces the Republicans to work with him to address real problems (or face even more marginalization from the voters).

2016 is highly likely to be another Democratic year.

Nothing is a given, of course, but things are looking up.

If you want to be depressed, think back to 1972 - 1974 or so. The seemingly never-ending quagmire in Vietnam and SE Asia was finally winding down but causing a huge amount of angst and anger ("the first war we lost!!!"). The Yom Kippur war. The oil price shocks. The corruption and venality of Nixon and his cronies. The crap cars. The decimation of NASA. Wounded Knee. The coup against Allende in Chile. And on and on. We eventually got through that.

We'll get through this, too.

Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who isn't always an optimist, but when he is... :-)
New Curse you! Red Baron..
(Whistling past the cemetery) oft ends-down on a 12-Tone dirge in C#-minor, accompanied by the gnashing of teeth, self-administered scourging and sobbing into something like Coors-Light-ugh. :-/ :-)

Yes, it is possible that your hopeful-list could converge; I mean, ya can't throw 66 straight snake-eyes.. without an expectation next: of an occasional 7 ... and today IS er, 7/11.
And like that Other set of brothers ~ end of '70s, who fancied to corner the Ag Market and lost a %huge of their ill-gotten spoils in the attempt: all may hope to see the Kochs receive their just-desserts of hemlock-laced bon-bons.

But I believe-in {some} math: n! suggests the daunting synergy which intensifies each [-], especially when the zeitgeist is saturated with gasoline-soaked Nutters-carrying-torches, intent on, ..if I can't have it All My Way--I'll break it All up!
(Such was not the enviro with Nixon bombing Cambodia/ignoring Our mobs-with-torches: and we had then, at least One gutsy Special Prosecutor ... thus Nixon's seppuku was sealed.
Banker-thieves have yet to get even a wrist-slap, [etc.-a-Lot\--and any next burst of 'prosperity' shall sink memories of the Shogunate and that-all, deeper into the fuzzy collective-memories.

Maybe a National-epidemic of cheery ebullience! Can so ridicule/confound the utter-nihilism du jour, that Normality just.. Strikes !?!
(But I just got another %#&@$ Robo-call from "Cardholder Services"--all illegal for us No-Call-registered and.. despite the BS re 'minimal inflation cha cha cha', prices for edible food continue to skyrocket, for no parse-able Reasons.)

Soo.. We'll See if..

A red sky at night
Means it went-off alright

--A Leaden Treasury of English Verse by Paul Dehn; Drawings by Edward Gorey ©1958
     driftglass on Greenwald's latest... - (Another Scott) - (27)
         I gather lots of people don't like him. - (hnick)
         What was the objection to the speech? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
             Sitting it out doesn't make politicians listen. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                 And "unconditional support" does? - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     rofl. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         Silly me. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                             Re: Silly me. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Nit. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Don't think so. - (Another Scott)
                                 Circle-jerk: you CAN'T get There ... from Here. MONEY governs 100% now. Period. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     I think they're in their "last throes", to quote Darth Cheney. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Curse you! Red Baron.. - (Ashton)
         Yeah.. So..? The punch-line didn't measure-up to the advertising? - (Ashton) - (14)
             Yup. He's an unreliable narrator. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                 How do *you* 'skim' 50,000 Documents? (as may be a low-ball estimate too) - (Ashton) - (12)
                     It's not reading them all, it's counting. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                         Point taken, if he can't get the 'total #files' count right.. or didn't. - (Ashton) - (10)
                             ProPublica's take as of August 2013. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                 Agree, those are minuscule numbers of official examples. There's more; Much-more. - (Ashton) - (8)
                                     Sorry I've neglected your points before. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                         Luck! on the plumbing.. always there's a Gotcha.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             Thanks. No leaks so far! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Anent tub/shower plumbing: GMTA - (Ashton)
                                         It's not a tough topic with a lot of nuance - (jake123) - (2)
                                             The people with the files seem to think so... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Maybe there is no cogent rebuttal.. when a 'thing' has reached that uncommon stage - (Ashton)
                                         A better illustration of police-state-type behavior [see new thread] - (Another Scott)

We have some experienced flamelords who can take care of them.
92 ms