IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One can always make arguments to justify one's actions.
http://www.cfr.org/a...ances-1994/p32484

[Russia, UK, USA] Confirm the following:

1. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine;

2. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations;

It's pretty hard to square that with what Putin did.

The Black Sea was a bathtub as far back as 1905 - http://books.google....nned%20in&f=false . If a serious war ever breaks out, Russia's ships there will be stuck. The BSF is a convenient, but transparent, excuse.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'm not saying the Russians are heroes.
Just that we aren't either.
New Agreement. But that's not the topic, is it? :-)
New Fine. We're picking nits now are we? :0)
New That's what we do, especially in this forum! :-)
     Who do these Russians in Crimea think they are? - (mmoffitt) - (50)
         Serious question:How was the Black Sea Fleet ever threatened -NT - (Another Scott) - (10)
             It wasn't. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                 <sigh> - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     You mean she isn't one? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Back at you. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Read my post, and the linkies, again please. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Wikipedia? That's your sole source? </me falls over> - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Wikipedia has cites. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Counterpoint. - (Another Scott)
                 You're buying into Yanukovych spin. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     One thing I do know. - (mmoffitt)
         BS! They reneged on Ukraine's nuclear arms agreement. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             I understand that. - (mmoffitt)
             Plan B: - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Putin seems to have realized that. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Money talks, Russkies walk - (pwhysall)
         Boundaries rejiggered - (rcareaga) - (15)
             Putin's take - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 I knew a 'relative' of the co-author - (Ashton)
             my take - (boxley) - (12)
                 The Red Army - (rcareaga)
                 "owns the euro fuel supply" - (pwhysall)
                 Agreed that one has to worry about uncontrolled escalation. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     Re: escalation and Sochi. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         One can always make arguments to justify one's actions. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             I'm not saying the Russians are heroes. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Agreement. But that's not the topic, is it? :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Fine. We're picking nits now are we? :0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         That's what we do, especially in this forum! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Ukraine would resist all right - (boxley)
                     all sorts of sound reasons for behaving rationally - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         On that note, let us Here embark upon a similar - (Ashton)
         Putin the revanchist - (rcareaga) - (17)
             Even accepting all of that... - (Another Scott) - (16)
                 delving into a little history - (boxley) - (2)
                     Jeez, Box! - (Ashton) - (1)
                         I keep telling y'all... - (folkert)
                 Interesting times.. - (Ashton)
                 Imagine Canada - (rcareaga) - (11)
                     One could imagine that. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         my scenario was deliberately lurid - (rcareaga) - (9)
                             On Canada... - (Another Scott)
                             If we suppose that Putin's take on our corrupt authoritarian - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 The likelihood of the Maritimes joining the US in the event - (jake123) - (6)
                                     Maritimes? not likely. I could see Alberta maybe - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Right now Alberta is in a class of its own` - (jake123) - (1)
                                             Very interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Robertson Davies on Canada - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                         Excellent. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         {{Chortle, long guffaw..}} -NT - (Ashton)