IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why?
And lets not focus on why Republicans are against the bill. If you want, lets focus on why DEMOCRATS are against the bill..or maybe on my point of why rational people are wary and possibly against current versions...so we can actually discuss something.

Most Democrats are in favor of a strong public option. Seniority and chairmanship rules in the Senate give a lot of power to those who, in this case, have more "conservative" views. In particular, those making up the Senate Finance Committee are not representative of the body as a whole. As Nate Silver of 538 pointed out, it's easier to find 50 on the floor than 12 in the Committee - http://www.fivethirt...-option-have.html. (I'm not as pessimistic as him, myself.)

Why focus on the noisy outliers? Should we be talking about Sen. Sanders or Rep. Kucinich?

If you want to talk about the substance, why cite an OpEd that talks about style? Why not start the thread with a quote from "rational people" who are against the bill(s)?

Baum is an OpEd writer. Her job is to get people riled up and generate hits. You helped her earn her paycheck. ;-)

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Why?
see the response to Drew.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     Arguments against, at their most basic - (beepster) - (54)
         Baum doesn't like Obama. Film at 11:00. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (53)
             Completely different discussions - (beepster) - (52)
                 Where did "unpatriotic" come from? - (drook) - (32)
                     Pelosi. -NT - (beepster) - (31)
                         And what was the quote again? - (Another Scott) - (30)
                             Re: And what was the quote again? - (beepster) - (29)
                                 Now you're just stirring the pot ... you're not that stupid - (drook) - (27)
                                     If we want to focus - (beepster) - (26)
                                         That's not what Pelosi was talking about - (drook) - (25)
                                             Oh I get it know - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Discuss != ammend -NT - (drook)
                                                 Eh? - (Another Scott)
                                             I don't care - (beepster) - (21)
                                                 What *is* your central point? - (drook) - (20)
                                                     Re: What *is* your central point? - (beepster) - (19)
                                                         Why not? - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Re: Why not? - (beepster)
                                                         Ok.... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                             30 years my ass - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                 Ronnie took office in January 1981. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                     with a democratic led house and senate - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                         The sea changed when Ronnie came in. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             So you are talking in a macro sense - (boxley)
                                                             On #2 - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                 dont confuse the issue with facts -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Just think - (beepster)
                                                                 So we don't have enough doctors? - (drook) - (5)
                                                                     Sure offer free medical school for a term of public health - (boxley)
                                                                     Excuse me, but - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                         That's all well and good - (jake123)
                                                                         Addressing != asking - (drook) - (1)
                                                                             So instead - (beepster)
                                                                 I'll play, for a while... - (Another Scott)
                                                         On "limiting malpractice". - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: And what was the quote again? - (folkert)
                 He's answered the criticisms many times. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                     I'm still confused - (drook) - (16)
                         Me too. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                             You know what I think? - (jake123) - (1)
                                 I think that won't happen. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: Me too. - (beepster) - (11)
                                 People on the Hill say lots of things they don't believe. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                     That's pretty basic - (beepster) - (7)
                                         I'm having a vision ... - (drook) - (4)
                                             you expected something different? - (boxley)
                                             Your point being? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                 naw, then he would have to admit - (boxley)
                                                 Republicans have mastered the Big Lie - (drook)
                                         Why? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Re: Why? - (beepster)
                                     More on pages... - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: Me too. - (lincoln)
                         Sure its possible - (beepster)
                     I didn't know there was one I should be following - (beepster)