IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You know what I think?
I think Obama threw it to Congress to come up with a plan on purpose, with a long term expectation that he was going to end up vetoing the first one to come out just before the mid-terms whilst calling it "wholly inadequate" and naming names as to why.

It would make sense if part of what he's trying to do is to get rid of some Democrats... and some of them definitely need to be gotten rid of, and the only way for Obama to do that is to get the voters to get rid of them.
New I think that won't happen.
He wants a bill that he can sign. The democratic leadership won't allow any poison pills to be in the conference report (the final House+Senate bill).

On the bigger picture, I think he desperately wants to increase the majority he has in the Senate, and that means the party has to show that it can get things passed while it has a majority. If he's fighting with the Senate, it weakens the argument that the Democrats can get good things done for the country.

Vetoing a bill would be a disaster for his hopes of increasing the majority and solidifying the change in direction after Bush.

I don't think it's in his nature to call people out, either. Going back to his law school days, he was much more interested in using honey than flyswatters. http://www.boston.co...a_unifying_voice/

I think he always tries to see the big picture...

Cheers,
Scott.
     Arguments against, at their most basic - (beepster) - (54)
         Baum doesn't like Obama. Film at 11:00. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (53)
             Completely different discussions - (beepster) - (52)
                 Where did "unpatriotic" come from? - (drook) - (32)
                     Pelosi. -NT - (beepster) - (31)
                         And what was the quote again? - (Another Scott) - (30)
                             Re: And what was the quote again? - (beepster) - (29)
                                 Now you're just stirring the pot ... you're not that stupid - (drook) - (27)
                                     If we want to focus - (beepster) - (26)
                                         That's not what Pelosi was talking about - (drook) - (25)
                                             Oh I get it know - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Discuss != ammend -NT - (drook)
                                                 Eh? - (Another Scott)
                                             I don't care - (beepster) - (21)
                                                 What *is* your central point? - (drook) - (20)
                                                     Re: What *is* your central point? - (beepster) - (19)
                                                         Why not? - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Re: Why not? - (beepster)
                                                         Ok.... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                             30 years my ass - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                 Ronnie took office in January 1981. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                     with a democratic led house and senate - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                         The sea changed when Ronnie came in. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             So you are talking in a macro sense - (boxley)
                                                             On #2 - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                 dont confuse the issue with facts -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     Just think - (beepster)
                                                                 So we don't have enough doctors? - (drook) - (5)
                                                                     Sure offer free medical school for a term of public health - (boxley)
                                                                     Excuse me, but - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                         That's all well and good - (jake123)
                                                                         Addressing != asking - (drook) - (1)
                                                                             So instead - (beepster)
                                                                 I'll play, for a while... - (Another Scott)
                                                         On "limiting malpractice". - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: And what was the quote again? - (folkert)
                 He's answered the criticisms many times. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                     I'm still confused - (drook) - (16)
                         Me too. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                             You know what I think? - (jake123) - (1)
                                 I think that won't happen. - (Another Scott)
                             Re: Me too. - (beepster) - (11)
                                 People on the Hill say lots of things they don't believe. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                     That's pretty basic - (beepster) - (7)
                                         I'm having a vision ... - (drook) - (4)
                                             you expected something different? - (boxley)
                                             Your point being? - (beepster) - (2)
                                                 naw, then he would have to admit - (boxley)
                                                 Republicans have mastered the Big Lie - (drook)
                                         Why? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Re: Why? - (beepster)
                                     More on pages... - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: Me too. - (lincoln)
                         Sure its possible - (beepster)
                     I didn't know there was one I should be following - (beepster)

\o/
73 ms