IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New While this disk
is doing ok, a large portion of what would normally be driven by radio play (which they aren't getting alot of thanks to her) is currently being replaced by media exposure surrounding the new release and the interviews related to her old comments.

While they may be "fine, thank you very much" through this...its still, in my opinion, somewhat silly to attack a somewhat large portion of your fan base, in essence calling them idiots, if they are indeed what is providing your livelihood. You make think its true, and I've no doubt the opinion is largely true. But you would think they'd have learned a lesson.

And we'll see, as the DC were the hottest thing going before her last go around, if indeed the backlash from these comments shorten's their span on "the scene"
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Mob taste can change capriciously in weird times
and if these aren't weird...

(There are occasional periods when people actually prefer 'entertainers' with a spine to those who are well-managed, pretend everything's normal and just smile a lot.) 'Course fashion is ever fickle; once cheap gas and chances for a job improve, well - back to spineless.

But what if -

Does she have >any< clue? - (bepatient) - (44)
         Not running for office is she? - (Silverlock) - (29)
             No, she's destroying their careers. - (bepatient) - (28)
                 Interesting position - (drewk) - (27)
                     Well, it could be taken that way. - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Why wonder? - (drewk) - (1)
                             The first was a response to - (bepatient)
                         I've heard interviews - (broomberg)
                         They're changing their audience anyway - (admin)
                     You can state your opinion without insulting your fans - (tonytib) - (21)
                         You think the interview was insulting? - (drewk) - (20)
                             Yes - (tonytib) - (19)
                                 That's not insulting - (drewk) - (18)
                                     Mr K, c'mon now. The statement goes far beyond being "anti-" - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Context is important. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Wasn't in der spiegel - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Thanks. I wonder about the editing though. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Seems to me that she used the wrong word. - (jb4) - (1)
                                                         I think you nailed it. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                         No, it is not anti-everything - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             Patrotism, n. Combustible rubbish . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             If that was what she had said - (bepatient)
                                         Waidaminnit, there, BeeP - (jb4) - (1)
                                             Change your filters there bub. - (bepatient)
                                         Couple quotes for you. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                             Nice! yours are better organized. 'Tis folly though :-/ - (Ashton)
                                             Both well stated opinions. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Pop tastes change. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     While this disk - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         Mob taste can change capriciously in weird times - (Ashton)
         Makes me want to buy her CD... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Already did. -NT - (jb4)
         Has she never read the Dictionary? - (Ashton)
         Who gives a shit, anyway? - (pwhysall) - (10)
             you == me - (admin) - (9)
                 As a guitarist - (jake123) - (8)
                     So can Ritchie Blackmore - (pwhysall) - (7)
                         Maybe - (bionerd)
                         OH, I get it. - (jb4) - (1)
                             . <-- The point You --> .o/ - (pwhysall)
                         Not the point - (jake123) - (3)
                             I can too call it crummy music - (admin) - (2)
                                 Not in common usage up here - (jake123) - (1)
                                     I didn't say they were crummy. I said the music was crummy. -NT - (admin)

She's kinda got that "tornado bait before the DingDongs work their magic" look.
171 ms