IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I would not...
> And my original post was a response to the carpet bombing comment made by our illustrious other poster.

Would it somehow change the overall US reaction if only it was only the Pentagon (a Military target)?

Again. I am NOT justifying the rationale, there is NONE. Nada.

These are the actions of fanatical loonies, from a RATIONAL point of view.

Just taking Iraq as an example. To those in Iraq, civilians or lunatics or otherwise, their beliefs, regardless of whether RIGHT OR WRONG, based on truth or myth, whatever, is that no matter what they do, they will no longer be given proper sovereign right, with economic embargo and other sanctions, and with the US constantly trying to "make trouble" for them.

Can you imagine bombs dropping over military targets in US for say its action over Cuba by say Iraq? [link|http://www.leler.com/cuba/embargo.html|http://www.leler.co...embargo.html]
Yes, only military targets. What then?

I can understand the grief and anger over the attack. But what the heck, the way you guys are reacting to my post, it's like I'm one of those ****ing lunatics who are somehow involved in the attack.
New Relax dude.
I understand where you're coming from.

We're not the most loved nation on the planet. And this has been covered over and over again. We're hated...but we're also the first asked for help. The "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument.

We've never been consistent in Middle East policy...or Far East policy...etc...

However, our policies change due to the nature of our people and our government of the people. We have a short term view. What we want now will not be what we want 10 years from now. Other cultures have a problem identifying with that...much the same as we have difficulty identifying with cultures like the Chinese whose viewpoint encompasses history and long term thought.

It would be helpful if everyone figured that out. Like us or not...we have to be dealt with...and this terrorist activity will only piss us off...and pissing us off can be very dangerous. I've a feeling you'll see just how dangerous in a very short time.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Relax dude.
> I understand where you're coming from.

Thank you. It's definitely better than "who give a hoot what the world thinks" kind of reponses I've received.

> We're not the most loved nation on the planet. And this has been covered over and over again. We're hated...but we're also the first asked for help. The "damned if you do, damned if you don't" argument.

Kind of similar to the US laws on Monopoly. You've got to tread carefully.

> It would be helpful if everyone figured that out. Like us or not...we have to be dealt with...and this terrorist activity will only piss us off...and pissing us off can be very dangerous. I've a feeling you'll see just how dangerous in a very short time.

Hopefully that will not be necessary.
     NATO offers support... - (Yendor) - (71)
         Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (bconnors) - (70)
             They're still figuring out how to blame it all on us - - (Andrew Grygus)
             Evacuated - (Yendor) - (1)
                 Evacuated, maybe. But they'll still blame us. -NT - (wharris2)
             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (53)
                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (wharris2) - (28)
                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (26)
                         Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
                             Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (24)
                                 Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (gtall) - (6)
                                     Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (5)
                                         When "The World" asks us to act . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (addison) - (2)
                                             Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (1)
                                                 Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (addison)
                                         Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (gtall)
                                 Excuse me...but... - (bepatient) - (16)
                                     Re: Excuse me...but... - (TTC) - (15)
                                         Considered? - (bepatient) - (14)
                                             Unbelievable but true. - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                                 Well, - (addison) - (4)
                                                     Either that... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                     No - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         It wasn't "pretty clear cut" IMO. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             "We have no opinion"? - (wharris2)
                                                 Give me a break. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     OK but what's your point? - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                         I would not... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             So we disagree - (Silverlock)
                                                             Re: I would not... - (TTC) - (2)
                                                                 Relax dude. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Relax dude. - (TTC)
                                                             I want to share your assessment. - (Ashton)
                     Two trains collided in Utah this morning. - (admin)
                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (23)
                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (22)
                         Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (20)
                             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (19)
                                 You are excused - go barf your guts out. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     Re: You are excused - go barf your guts out. - (TTC) - (2)
                                         And you give us what alternative? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Re: And you give us what alternative? - (TTC)
                                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (7)
                                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (6)
                                         Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (5)
                                             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (4)
                                                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (2)
                                                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (1)
                                                         Better hold that case. - (addison)
                                                 Two words: "Essential Harvest" - (Steven A S)
                                 You need to be careful, parenthesis boy... - (jb4) - (6)
                                     Identity? - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                         Naw. - (admin) - (3)
                                             Re: Naw. - (TTC) - (2)
                                                 Re: Naw. - (addison)
                                                 Oh, yeah. - (addison)
                                         Scorecards....getcher Scorecards here.... - (jb4)
                         Military vs Civilian targets - (Steven A S)
             Unanimous UN SC resolution yesterday. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                 Yes, follow-up is critical . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                     Re: Yes, follow-up is critical . . - (TTC) - (9)
                         Well, you're pretty predictable . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Freedom is not free without loud dissent. thanks - (boxley) - (7)
                             Re: Freedom is not free without loud dissent. thanks - (TTC) - (6)
                                 "world opinion" - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                     Re: "world opinion" - (TTC) - (2)
                                         Let's consider your list. - (Another Scott)
                                         Cowardice? - (ChrisR)
                                 sniff, wipes me eye just like the old days on IWE :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end -NT - (pwhysall)
             Think about who the UN members are - (bluke)

Mmmmm. Bacteria injections.
197 ms