IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now?
I've been unable to find any UN sanctioned NO FLY ZONE info. Perhaps you can help me out.

Unlikely. You're here to troll.

What were the condititions that Iraq agreed to for cessation of the UN actions against them?

You tell me... which side do you choose to believe/help... by WHAT criteria?

You didn't answer my question. Not surprising. Because the heart of your argument is misdirection.

I've asked you before - which civilians should have been protected?

In Yugoslavia and Iraq, what civilians should have been protected, and where were civilians targetted and by who?

Addison
> You tell me... which side do you choose to believe/help... by WHAT criteria?
>
> You didn't answer my question. Not surprising. Because the heart of your argument is misdirection.
>
> I've asked you before - which civilians should have been protected?
>
> In Yugoslavia and Iraq, what civilians should have been protected, and where were civilians targetted and by who?

[link|http://slate.msn.com/diary/01-09-10/diary.asp?imsg=2|http://slate.msn.co...y.asp?imsg=2]

The attacks are sad, he said, a
tragedy. But then he got to the
heart of the matter, not only for
him but for many Macedonians
who resent what they regard as American support for ethnic
Albanian rebels.

"Now you have experienced what terrorism is like," Ivo said.
"Now you can understand what terrorism does, and you should
do something about it, especially in Macedonia. You should
condemn the Albanians. It's clear you're helping them. Even a
child knows that."

His friends nodded their heads in agreement. The rebels are
terrorists, they believe, killing civilians and policemen, yet
America coddles them, even supplying them with weapons (a
popular belief). Maybe, the students added, the assaults on the
World Trade Center and the Pentagon will serve as a wake-up
call. "Terrorists have never attacked America with this much
devastation," Ivo noted. "America now should see what terrorism
is really about and stop it everywhere."

The feelings of Ivo and his friends are not unusual. There is no
satisfaction in Skopje about the attacks on America\ufffdnone of the
grotesque spectacles, seen on television, of Palestinians and
Libyans celebrating the attacks. The expressions of condolence
here are sincere, but there is, underneath it all, a strong belief that
America has imposed its will on the Balkans in ways that are
neither wise nor fair and that America should not be surprised that
its actions overseas have brought deadly results to the homeland.
The same belief exists in Serbia, which experienced a 78-day
U.S.-led bombing campaign in 1999, and it exists among
nationalists in Croatia who resent U.S. pressure to extradite war
criminals to the Hague.

The sourness surfaces not just in the talk of ordinary citizens but
in media commentaries, too. All you need to do is pick up today's
issue of New Macedonia, a pro-government paper. "The attempt
by western countries to treat Albanian terrorists as human rights
fighters gave them a clear field for seven months of terror against
Macedonians," the main commentary states. "The difference
between yesterday's attacks on the United States and the attacks
of Albanian terrorists in Macedonia is just in the capacity and
power of their action." In other words, Now you know how we
feel.

Can you tell with CERTAINTY that the Albanian were indeed the victims? Or do you simply dismissed all the abv as official Yugoslavia's propoganda?

If you still want to insist that I'm trolling, so be it.
[link|http://slate.msn.com/diary/01-09-10/diary.asp?imsg=2|http://slate.msn.co...y.asp?imsg=2]

Which has WHAT to do with the BOMBING OF YUGOSLAVIA?

Which is what you were talking about.

But you won't stay on topic... which is an indication that yep, you're here to troll.

Addison
> [link|http://slate.msn.com/diary/01-09-10/diary.asp?imsg=2|http://slate.msn.co...y.asp?imsg=2]
>
> Which has WHAT to do with the BOMBING OF YUGOSLAVIA?
>
> Which is what you were talking about.
>
> But you won't stay on topic... which is an indication that yep, you're here to troll.
>
> Addison
>

If you don't know what MACEDONIA has to do with the bombing of Yugoslavia, what are you basing your "beliefs" that the bombing of Yugoslavia was justified?

I rest my case.
New Better hold that case.
If you don't know what MACEDONIA has to do with the bombing of Yugoslavia, what are you basing your "beliefs" that the bombing of Yugoslavia was justified?

You were blathering that the bombing of yugoslavia, and the harming of civilians, was "no different" than the WTC bombing.

Now you're talking about something else. The only thing you've stayed constant on was that the US is bad, evil, and we suck.

I guess you would have liked being under Japanese Suzieranity much better. Stupid us.

No, idiot, you've got a looong way to go to lecture me.

Addison
New Two words: "Essential Harvest"
Look them up. In fact I will for you:
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/world/europe/easterneurope/macedonia/|Washington Post]

This is a NATO sponsored mission, but the US is part of it. The interview you quoted said
>The rebels are terrorists, they believe, killing civilians and policemen, yet
>America coddles them, even supplying them with weapons (a popular belief).

Of course you believe it because you want to believe the worst of the US, but the "Essential Harvest" mission is all about

1. taking weapons AWAY from the rebels
2. Giving rights back to them

That is official information, not just the word on the street!
~~~)-Steven----
     NATO offers support... - (Yendor) - (71)
         Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (bconnors) - (70)
             They're still figuring out how to blame it all on us - - (Andrew Grygus)
             Evacuated - (Yendor) - (1)
                 Evacuated, maybe. But they'll still blame us. -NT - (wharris2)
             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (53)
                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (wharris2) - (28)
                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (26)
                         Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
                             Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (24)
                                 Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (gtall) - (6)
                                     Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (5)
                                         When "The World" asks us to act . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (addison) - (2)
                                             Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (1)
                                                 Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (addison)
                                         Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (gtall)
                                 Excuse me...but... - (bepatient) - (16)
                                     Re: Excuse me...but... - (TTC) - (15)
                                         Considered? - (bepatient) - (14)
                                             Unbelievable but true. - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                                 Well, - (addison) - (4)
                                                     Either that... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                     No - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         It wasn't "pretty clear cut" IMO. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             "We have no opinion"? - (wharris2)
                                                 Give me a break. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     OK but what's your point? - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                         I would not... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             So we disagree - (Silverlock)
                                                             Re: I would not... - (TTC) - (2)
                                                                 Relax dude. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Relax dude. - (TTC)
                                                             I want to share your assessment. - (Ashton)
                     Two trains collided in Utah this morning. - (admin)
                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (23)
                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (22)
                         Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (20)
                             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (19)
                                 You are excused - go barf your guts out. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     Re: You are excused - go barf your guts out. - (TTC) - (2)
                                         And you give us what alternative? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Re: And you give us what alternative? - (TTC)
                                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (7)
                                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (6)
                                         Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (5)
                                             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (4)
                                                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (2)
                                                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (1)
                                                         Better hold that case. - (addison)
                                                 Two words: "Essential Harvest" - (Steven A S)
                                 You need to be careful, parenthesis boy... - (jb4) - (6)
                                     Identity? - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                         Naw. - (admin) - (3)
                                             Re: Naw. - (TTC) - (2)
                                                 Re: Naw. - (addison)
                                                 Oh, yeah. - (addison)
                                         Scorecards....getcher Scorecards here.... - (jb4)
                         Military vs Civilian targets - (Steven A S)
             Unanimous UN SC resolution yesterday. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                 Yes, follow-up is critical . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                     Re: Yes, follow-up is critical . . - (TTC) - (9)
                         Well, you're pretty predictable . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Freedom is not free without loud dissent. thanks - (boxley) - (7)
                             Re: Freedom is not free without loud dissent. thanks - (TTC) - (6)
                                 "world opinion" - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                     Re: "world opinion" - (TTC) - (2)
                                         Let's consider your list. - (Another Scott)
                                         Cowardice? - (ChrisR)
                                 sniff, wipes me eye just like the old days on IWE :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end -NT - (pwhysall)
             Think about who the UN members are - (bluke)

To be in England, in the summertime... close to the edge.
208 ms