"Why bother with UN in the first place? Why bother with ELECTION/DEMOCRACY? What the hell is all those HUMAN RIGHTS when you're NOT willing to listen to DIFFERING opinion?!"

Indeed, why bother with the UN. This is the same UN that put Cuba on the human rights panel and kicked the US off. We have elections and democracy. Most of the rest of the world doesn't. That allows tin-pot dictators to act like they have some god-given mandate to do anything they like. No one said we weren't willing to listen to differing opinion. However, if listening requires we stop putting an end to dictators and terrorists killing innocent people, forget it. Listening doesn't requre we believe you, and it doesn't require that your opinions are in some sense equally valid as ours. Some opinions are simply wrong.

"Who gave US the right to ignore the rest of the world's opinion? Its nuke? Its MILITARY might? Know what a bully is?"

Oh, I don't know...call it revulsion to the crap that passes for "world opinion". Now if we were really a bully, we'd wouldn't be telling you to stop killing those nice innocent people down the road. We'd take your country and call it the 51st state. Have a sense of proportion. Where DO you get this world opinion from anyway? Nukes do not give us the right to ignore world opinion, but if the world opinion is something to effect that Israel should lay down its life so the Arabs can not live with infidels, well...I think you know our opinion of world opinion.

" When the WORLD calls upon the US to act, what happens? It drags its feet if it doesn't suit its interest. But when the world ask the US to back off, I'll let Andrew complete the sentence..."

So make up yer mind. Do you want us to act or not? Why should we do what YOU want us to? And given the flakey ideas out there about what America should or shouldn't do, you ought to be thankful we don't fly off the handle and do something rash everytime you guys get your tails caught in a crack.

"What kind of MORAL HIGHGROUND do you think you are standing on?"

How about this for a start: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."

That's part of our Declaration of Independence. Explain to me me what exemplary nation has that built into their system? We may not get it right all the time, but at least we try.

" I don't see you folks crying for nukes on US when Timothy McVeigh bomb the fed building, or did I miss something? He's not fanatical? Not a terrorist? No thousands of DEFENSELESS innocents killed, INTENTIONALLY?"

I never called for nukes, and they wouldn't solve a terrorism problem anyway. Come to think of it, here's what we should have done after the Iraq tried to steal Kuwait. We should have told the fat boys in the robes that they would be living with their arab brothers in Saudi Arabia from then on. Then we should have told the Palastinians we have a country complete with oil just for them. And the hue and cry we would have had to endure for solving one of the world's more thorny problems would have been tremendous. Whining, crying, wimpering about American power. But we should have done it and told the rest of the world precisely what we thought of their opinions.

To stop terrorists, you have do a lot of things. One is kill them when you find them. The other is to give people an economic future. Well, we import more than we export, so we're subsidizing a good part of global trade already. You might have noticed how the world's economy decided to take a dive in response to the US's slowdown. Foreign aid might work, which dictator do we give it to? Simply handing them money might work...the Spanish tried that during the 1600's. Took a lot of gold, it created an inflation and completely wrecked their economy. They never recovered until Franco bit the bullet.

By the way, Tim McVeigh was a terrorist. You might note that is in the extremely past sense of the word. I think that just about sums up how American feels about terrorists, whether they are homegrown or those dear, peaceloving people jumping up and down for joy in the mideast because a lot of people in the US died.

And those people were not just Americans. They came from all over. It is supposed to be a sin for a Muslim to kill another Muslim. Do yer think they sorted out the Muslims from the infidels or do you think they figured God would sort it out?