Hi TT,

Kyoto Accord, NMD, Nuke testing. Need I go on?

Yes, we can consider those.

Kyoto:
1 country has ratified the Kyoto protocols. 1. Romania? There's lots of political bluster about the US decision to withdraw from it, but you don't see other countries putting it on their law books either. And there's good reason to believe that even if it were implemented it would make little difference except take a huge amount of money from other causes which would save far more lives - like improving the water supply in poor countries. See, e.g., the new book "The Skeptical Environmentalist". He says even with full implementation, it'll delay the predicted 2 degree global warming over the next 50 years (as I recall) by 6 years.

NMD:
The US has not withdrawn from the ABM treaty. It, along with the Constitution and all other treaties, is still the supreme law of the USA. There have been discussions about building a NMD system, and discussions about withdrawing from the ABM treaty. But there's lots of opposition to those actions in the US. And with the actions on Tuesday, it's certainly possible that those in government will consider that maybe NMD isn't worth the money right now.

Nuke Testing:
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Apparently there have been statements that Bush made along the lines of he'd accept more Chinese testing, but I don't know the details nor how that affects your argument. There would be strong opposition in the US to resumption of nuclear testing.

I don't think you're making a strong case with the arguments you've presented thus far. Yes, the US has, with the benefit of hindsight, done bad things in the world. Different choices could have been made in many cases. But your broadside is misplaced, IMHO.

Cheers,
Scott.