IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear.
Why bother with UN in the first place? Why bother with ELECTION/DEMOCRACY? What the hell is all those HUMAN RIGHTS when you're NOT willing to listen to DIFFERING opinion?!

Who started the UN?

Human rights? Considering you're claiming that the US is wrong for stopping mass genocide (Yugoslavia, Iraq), that's laughable.

Democracy? Where are you from? I want to know if your country is democratic - AND if it helps other people.

Who gave US the right to ignore the rest of the world's opinion? Its nuke? Its MILITARY might? Know what a bully is?

Again - the US is standing in to protect the weak in these cases you're complaining about.

The real question might be "Why isn't anybody else with us?" (And there are others).

I don't see you folks crying for nukes on US when Timothy McVeigh bomb the fed building, or did I miss something? He's not fanatical? Not a terrorist? No thousands of DEFENSELESS innocents killed, INTENTIONALLY?

Had McVeigh been a part of a much bigger body, where arrest was infeasible, I think you might have seen something else.

Had he been financed by another country, you'd have seen something else.

And McVeigh is dead. Killed with all the due process you can want.

Of course, most of these countries you're defending - Yugoslavia, Iraq, the Middle East - HAVE NO DUE PROCESS. Well, there is one on paper. But nothing in reality.

And reality is something I think you're very divorced from.

Again, where are you from, and how much money did they get from the US last year?

Addison
> Democracy? Where are you from? I want to know if your country is democratic - AND if it helps other people.
>

Singapore. Democracy, AFAIK, yes. Help, not much, but we try.

> The real question might be "Why isn't anybody else with us?" (And there are others).

That's exactly the question you have to ask.

> Of course, most of these countries you're defending - Yugoslavia, Iraq, the Middle East - HAVE NO DUE PROCESS. Well, there is one on paper. But nothing in reality.

Defending, I'm not. Again, I'm pointing out the obvious. You can choose to believe that everything that the US has done in Iraq and Yugoslavia is exactly that, protecting innocent civilians, preventing genocide. Many don't share that view. Many, especially those who are "involved" (much the same way as the victims' family are involved in the attack on America) view it as US terrorizing them.

> Again, where are you from, and how much money did they get from the US last year?

Singapore, the place where American Michael Fay was sentenced and had his sentence reduced due to political pressure from the US. But of course, we are the barbaric country for having canning and still have death sentences for murderers and drug traffickers.

As to how much money, I am not sure, but US is definitely our largest export nation.
The real question might be "Why isn't anybody else with us?" (And there are others).

That's exactly the question you have to ask.

It is.

And usually the answer is because other countries don't want to get involved with the genocides.

Like in Yugoslavia - where untold thousands of people were raped, tortured, slaughtered. And where was anybody?

Like in Iraq, where the Kurds were being attacked - with chemical weaponry.

Or is it OK for other countries to do that? We should vote in the UN and tell them to stop?

Addison
     NATO offers support... - (Yendor) - (71)
         Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (bconnors) - (70)
             They're still figuring out how to blame it all on us - - (Andrew Grygus)
             Evacuated - (Yendor) - (1)
                 Evacuated, maybe. But they'll still blame us. -NT - (wharris2)
             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (53)
                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (wharris2) - (28)
                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (26)
                         Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (Andrew Grygus) - (25)
                             Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (24)
                                 Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (gtall) - (6)
                                     Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (5)
                                         When "The World" asks us to act . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (addison) - (2)
                                             Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (TTC) - (1)
                                                 Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (addison)
                                         Re: Well, I think it's pretty clear. - (gtall)
                                 Excuse me...but... - (bepatient) - (16)
                                     Re: Excuse me...but... - (TTC) - (15)
                                         Considered? - (bepatient) - (14)
                                             Unbelievable but true. - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                                 Well, - (addison) - (4)
                                                     Either that... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                     No - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                         It wasn't "pretty clear cut" IMO. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             "We have no opinion"? - (wharris2)
                                                 Give me a break. - (bepatient) - (7)
                                                     OK but what's your point? - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                         I would not... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                             So we disagree - (Silverlock)
                                                             Re: I would not... - (TTC) - (2)
                                                                 Relax dude. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Relax dude. - (TTC)
                                                             I want to share your assessment. - (Ashton)
                     Two trains collided in Utah this morning. - (admin)
                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (23)
                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (22)
                         Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (20)
                             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (19)
                                 You are excused - go barf your guts out. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     Re: You are excused - go barf your guts out. - (TTC) - (2)
                                         And you give us what alternative? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Re: And you give us what alternative? - (TTC)
                                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (7)
                                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (6)
                                         Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (5)
                                             Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (4)
                                                 Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (addison) - (2)
                                                     Re: Where the Hell is the U.N. right now? - (TTC) - (1)
                                                         Better hold that case. - (addison)
                                                 Two words: "Essential Harvest" - (Steven A S)
                                 You need to be careful, parenthesis boy... - (jb4) - (6)
                                     Identity? - (ChrisR) - (5)
                                         Naw. - (admin) - (3)
                                             Re: Naw. - (TTC) - (2)
                                                 Re: Naw. - (addison)
                                                 Oh, yeah. - (addison)
                                         Scorecards....getcher Scorecards here.... - (jb4)
                         Military vs Civilian targets - (Steven A S)
             Unanimous UN SC resolution yesterday. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                 Yes, follow-up is critical . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                     Re: Yes, follow-up is critical . . - (TTC) - (9)
                         Well, you're pretty predictable . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Freedom is not free without loud dissent. thanks - (boxley) - (7)
                             Re: Freedom is not free without loud dissent. thanks - (TTC) - (6)
                                 "world opinion" - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                     Re: "world opinion" - (TTC) - (2)
                                         Let's consider your list. - (Another Scott)
                                         Cowardice? - (ChrisR)
                                 sniff, wipes me eye just like the old days on IWE :) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end -NT - (pwhysall)
             Think about who the UN members are - (bluke)

This country was built on the hope that one day we could all own a Batcave.
142 ms