IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New wasnt gaul where Julius made his bones?
Dunno wether he actually said it. Just copied it because it sounded cool. His actual quote is "Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres"
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
3 gauls is better than none
New 'Xackly - in Latin, it isn't "Gaul", but Gallia.
Also, I think there's a rather gigantically significant difference between saying that "Gaul should be divided into three parts" -- for purposes of Roman administration, and/or putting it under three different native chiefs to keep the parts fighting between themselves and thus not become as much of a threat to Rome's borders -- and saying that it all "has to be destroyed". (The Romans didn't like to gamble with things like that... And anything involving the French can become a crapshoot! :-)

AFAIK, no very prominent Roman ever said that about any place with enough emphasis to now quote it as if it were particularly significant -- with the obvious exception of Cicero ('t'was him, wannit?) and Carthage.

But, since I now realise what I only suspected before, namely that this is just another attempt at the typical French-baiting that war-mongering Americans seem to think is so clever these days, I must say I'm glad to see that what you're *actually* saying is, that "Three Frenchmen are better than no Frenchmen"! :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New {cackle} L'etat c'est Moi! Jacques Tati wherefore art thou?
     Man not allowed to wear a peace t-shirt in mall - (ben_tilly) - (52)
         I don't - (jake123) - (50)
             Malls are private property - (boxley) - (49)
                 Not quite any reason - (ben_tilly) - (48)
                     That may all be true you two... - (jake123) - (47)
                         Yup, 'xackly. -NT - (CRConrad)
                         That might have gotten the cops fired - (boxley) - (45)
                             Then you have a systemic problem. -NT - (jake123) - (44)
                                 yep, troublesome when the state works for the individuals - (boxley) - (43)
                                     Well, I can say - (jake123) - (36)
                                         Not exactly - (drewk) - (35)
                                             They should NOT, & (afaik) DO not, have that "right". - (CRConrad) - (34)
                                                 no shirt, no shoes, no service -NT - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                                                     Yeah, sure... But the point was, he HAD a shirt! - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                         At the entrance to every Mall in America is a sign - (boxley)
                                                         not a functional requirement - (SpiceWare)
                                                         What's more... - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                                                             Ubersoft plotline: - (admin)
                                                 I've spent too long in Europe. - (Brandioch)
                                                 Yer starting to sound like Ashton - (jb4)
                                                 There's more to the story. - (static) - (1)
                                                     In that case... - (ben_tilly)
                                                 You do realize where he was, right? - (drewk) - (16)
                                                     or let smoke there? hopefully :0 -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Umm... Yes, I realise *exactly* where he was. Do YOU? - (CRConrad) - (14)
                                                         Then we just disagree - (drewk)
                                                         Wrong on a point - (boxley) - (12)
                                                             A) Too bloody obvious; B) Oh, that's "a rule", is it ?!? - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                                                 wasnt gaul where Julius made his bones? - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                     'Xackly - in Latin, it isn't "Gaul", but Gallia. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                         {cackle} L'etat c'est Moi! Jacques Tati wherefore art thou? -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 You clearly don't understand the U.S. - (drewk) - (7)
                                                                     Just because the USA is stupid, you don't have to be, too. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                                         Yeah, I can understand your anger, but... - (tseliot)
                                                                         I think you're still missing part of what I said - (drewk) - (4)
                                                                             No, it's becoming obvious YOU don't know what you're saying. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                                 {sigh} And the jingoists want to suppress immigration - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Boy, did I say that badly - (drewk)
                                                                                 Very nicely put. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 It was more than just the shirt - (morganek) - (6)
                                                     " clearly states" - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                         Re: " clearly states" - (morganek) - (4)
                                                             Doh! - (morganek) - (2)
                                                                 I can see why you wouldn't have noticed right off. -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     put an <hr> in that signature or some more <br>s before it! -NT - (folkert)
                                                             I'll have to take your word for it. - (Silverlock)
                                     "For individuals"? How many people have *you*... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                         in practice yes, the constitution has been voided - (boxley)
                                         But it was a great idea. - (Brandioch)
                                         constitution or ex-parrot? - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                             There are a lot of quotes like that - (ben_tilly)
                                             Another variant has it - (Ashton)
         Update Security Guard fired, as I expected - (boxley)

Enjoy your amazement.
448 ms