I'm trying to point out that when we came to the fork in the road in 1992 we took the wrong road and it led us to losing to Donald Trump. You know what my current nightmare scenario is? Kirsten Gillibrand is the Democratic nominee in 2020 and she's sure acting like she's running. If she does and wins the nomination, buckle up, it's going to be Trump for another term. At this point, I think Gavin Newsom could be the nominee if he decides to run. But if that happens, he'll play hell winning the general.

To be clear, I do not have any serious issues with either of them. I'm just trying to help by pointing out that neither of them are highly sellable in the flyover region. I'm not sure any woman could win any of the flyover states unless it was a woman like Anne Richards - and I don't see any of them around anymore. Again, I'm not saying that's right. I'm saying that's the way it is and people on the coasts had better start factoring in how to give the lesser Muricans a little hope or they'll do something stupid beyond measure again.