1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Meh.
You should know better than this.

Snopes:

[...]

So the discrepancy, while newsworthy, had nothing to do with the number of votes tallied exceeding the number of registered voters (an impossibility in a fair election), but rather the number of voters recorded by poll workers exceeding the number of voters recorded by voting machines (a circumstance that suggested errors on the part of machines and/or human workers rather than fraud).

The documented problems with the voter count records hindered recount efforts:

Overall, state records show 10.6 percent of the precincts in the 22 counties that began the retabulation process couldn’t be recounted because of state law that bars recounts for unbalanced precincts or ones with broken seals.

The problems were the worst in Detroit, where discrepancies meant officials couldn’t recount votes in 392 precincts, or nearly 60 percent. And two-thirds of those precincts had too many votes.

“We’re assuming there were (human) errors, and we will have discussions with Detroit election officials and staff in addition to reviewing the ballots,” Thomas said.

The Detroit News was first to report that more than half of Detroit would be ineligible for the recount because of the irregularities. The results were based on county reports obtained by The News.

As of 15 December 2016, the Detroit Free Press reported that human error was clearly the primary issue:

[...]

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New He does
--

Drew
New a circumstance that suggested errors on the part of machines and/or human workers rather than fraud
sure it is
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Glad you finally agree.
     How the Democrats will lose again Part Deux. - (mmoffitt) - (50)
         There's no evidence that he could - (drook) - (48)
             Did he really? - (Another Scott) - (47)
                 Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. - (mmoffitt) - (46)
                     I'll just leave this here... - (Another Scott) - (44)
                         Just a couple things and a question. - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                             Re: Just a couple things and a question. - (Another Scott) - (42)
                                 I would have thought you were close enough to my age to remember Real Democrats. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                                     Re: I would have thought you were close enough to my age to remember Real Democrats. - (Another Scott) - (40)
                                         Not hallucinating, maybe. But you might want to think about getting your eyes checked. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (39)
                                             Agreed. In an ideal world, Comey wouldn't have mattered. But he did. - (Another Scott) - (36)
                                                 But she was blown out of the water in rural areas. - (mmoffitt) - (35)
                                                     (sigh) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         I heard her plenty. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             There are plenty of industrial countries that don't have "single payer". - (Another Scott)
                                                             “a candidate horrible enough to lose to Donald Trump” - (rcareaga)
                                                     In that vein.. - (Ashton)
                                                     Piss gasoline on rural voters and set ’em on fire - (rcareaga) - (9)
                                                         The view from the Bay Area is a lot different than the view from the Mid West. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                             I’m right and you’re wrong. -NT - (rcareaga) - (7)
                                                                 rofl. :-) - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Just like 2016. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                     Fuck the midwestern voters - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                                                         great idea for a movie there - (boxley)
                                                                         Resigned to never win the White House again are you? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                             IOW, keep ignoring the people disenfranchised to chase the WWC?? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                 Not at all. - (mmoffitt)
                                                     I wonder why the GOP is trying to keep people from voting. - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                                         thats called use it or lose it - (boxley) - (17)
                                                             Do you lose your right to free speech if you don't write your governor? - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                                                 right to vote sure, but that ends on death or moving, voting is extremely local -NT - (boxley) - (15)
                                                                     Does that happen? - (drook) - (14)
                                                                         detroit, more votes counted than on the rolls -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                                                                             How many? - (drook) - (8)
                                                                                 how many peope in ohio were took off of the rolls that should not have been? Is there a hard number? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                                     You can Google as well as me. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                         so a number of one, as cited by earlier post. -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                             Eh? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                 get me a number of actual living voters that were denied voting rights - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                     Read the links. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                         Just like you demand for me to prove voter fraud by producing actual cases I am requesting the same - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             ... - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Meh. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                 He does -NT - (drook)
                                                                                 a circumstance that suggested errors on the part of machines and/or human workers rather than fraud - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                     Glad you finally agree. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         But I am trying to help. - (mmoffitt)
                                             You didn't address the question in the linked article - (drook) - (1)
                                                 He disqualified his reasoning himself. - (mmoffitt)
                     Re: Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. - (drook)
         as long as we get over the retreads and get someone outside of the machine - (boxley)

I have a phone that doesn't ring, a line that doesn't sting, a letter never sent... I have a dream where snowflakes fall inside a painted hall... HA! THAT DON'T PAY THE RENT!
76 ms