IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New my what a giant code word in your eye
I have said many times that the teaching of evolution should take place in the public schools, I was not talking about evolution at all, I am very comfortable with that theory. when I speak about secular humanism I am speaking about When I say "secular humanism", I'm referring to a specific philosophy of tolerance forced down a student's throat regardless of common sense or prevailing science like recycling. Perhaps a deep draught of read me in my posts is in order :-)
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Sorry...
I just googled for the phrase and ran across a number of Creationist sites ranting about secular humanism and really talking about evolution. Then jumped to a wrong conclusion.

As I said, I'm fine with not teaching secular humanism. I'm even mildly in support of that.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Vatican 'to ban new gay priests' - (warmachine) - (57)
         Little difference . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             'Damn you, jams! You said honor wasn't LIKE pie!' -NT - (Ashton)
         A simple ploy to shift blame from priests to gay people. -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
             exactly pedophiles attack both sexes - (boxley)
         ObLRPD: Relax... you're quite safe here. -NT - (admin) - (10)
             To be in England, in the summertime... close to the edge. -NT - (Ashton) - (9)
                 The next steps I'm real fuzzy on. -NT - (Meerkat) - (8)
                     Yeah, *that's* a perfectly valid reason... -NT - (admin) - (7)
                         Must have been the broomberg effect. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                             None of that ersatz churning someother dairies get away with -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                                 You tread on my patience -NT - (jb4) - (4)
                                     Fun is fun to have. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Interstate Face Stab -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         You don't get syphilis that way. -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                             In case of the cool beverage, the insulative effect - (Ashton)
         Comments from an insider - (ubernostrum) - (41)
             I don't know about 'fashionable' - (Ashton) - (39)
                 G.K. Chesterton: - (ubernostrum) - (38)
                     Yes, it is a silly place we inhabit - (Ashton)
                     So much for the Age of Enlightenment - (warmachine) - (34)
                         Best model for this behaviour I've heard - (Ashton)
                         No... - (ubernostrum) - (32)
                             I guess religion is doomed then. (Sorry.) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Well. - (ubernostrum)
                             The quotation mentions the church, not god. - (warmachine) - (20)
                                 The quotation says - (ubernostrum) - (19)
                                     Read it again. Still mentions church, not god. - (warmachine) - (18)
                                         Nothing whatsoever to do with moral guidance - (ubernostrum) - (17)
                                             A reasonable argument if only one religion existed - (warmachine) - (16)
                                                 so humanism is a religion? Even the secular branch? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                     Fulfils the same functions without the supernatural ****. - (warmachine)
                                                     Who has denied it? - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                         those that practice it in the classroom deny its a religion -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                             Which of *us* does that? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                 one of you, as in one of you secular humanists - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     Interesting use of code words there - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                         my what a giant code word in your eye - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                             Sorry... - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Ah, so you're taking it as a dilemma - (ubernostrum) - (6)
                                                     Wot, no philosophies that aren't to blame? - (warmachine) - (5)
                                                         OK, seriously. - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                                                             The church was not strengthened, it was weakened less. - (warmachine) - (3)
                                                                 I see. - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                                                     More illustrative example - (warmachine) - (1)
                                                                         You still don't get it. - (ubernostrum)
                             Skip this...go to next post. Goofed! -NT - (imqwerky)
                             Original Sin: "I poked a badger with a spoon!" - (imqwerky) - (7)
                                 Eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Dunno about that 'Celebration' - (Ashton)
                                 Yes, he'd have retrofitted nastier DNA changes. - (warmachine) - (4)
                                     you still have no understanding of Job - (boxley) - (3)
                                         "About" "What" "Really" "Happened" sez it all; it's a FABLE! -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                             that much sex and violence? prolly fact based -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 {chortle} - ya Got moi! -NT - (Ashton)
                     Let's look at a more complete excerpt. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         But not complete-enough? - (Ashton)
             Shouldn't you write "It's a pack of lies!"? -NT - (warmachine)

I had lobster Marshall plan twice today...
82 ms