IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As the father of two girls,one that just started high school
I have absolutely no idea. But one thing I believe I would consider is telling her (if you believe this) that you think you she should let her mother know, but the decision to tell her is absolutely hers and hers alone. You can think of it as cover, if you wish. But, if you don't tell your wife and nothing is ever said to her, it seems to me that you'd be in better standing with your wife if you told her you had left the decision to tell her up to your daughter. I agree with everything said above and would only add that if you tell her that you'll leave the decision to tell your wife up to her, that she is going to by-God talk to either you or her mother about it. And then, I'd take the suggestions in this thread about telling her in a non-threatening way that she's lucky to have learned this lesson without suffering any permanent damage.

Please keep in mind the fact that I am totally unqualified to offer advice when you are reading the above.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
Collapse Edited by mmoffitt Aug. 26, 2005, 08:12:03 PM EDT
As the father of two girls,one that just started high school
I have absolutely no idea. But one thing I believe I would consider is telling her (if you believe this) that you think you should let her mother know, but the decision to tell her is absolutely hers and hers alone. You can think of it as cover, if you wish. But, if you don't tell your wife and nothing is ever said to her, it seems to me that you'd be in better standing with your wife if you told her you had left the decision to tell her up to your daughter. I agree with everything said above and would only add that if you tell her that you'll leave the decision to tell your wife up to her, that she is going to by-God talk to either you or her mother about it. And then, I'd take the suggestions in this thread about telling her in a non-threatening way that she's lucky to have learned this lesson without suffering any permanent damage.

Please keep in mind the fact that I am totally unqualified to offer advice when you are reading the above.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Ok, how do I talk to my daughter? - (jbrabeck) - (51)
         Clintonitis? - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             Agreed, this is odds on the case. - (Silverlock)
             Not just teenagers think that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 and what age were they in 1998? :-) -NT - (boxley)
         The possibilty exists - (bepatient)
         What do you want to say? - (tuberculosis)
         Time to leave a book or two around the house. - (imqwerky) - (1)
             I'm with Amy. This is a great time for education - (bionerd)
         simple - (boxley) - (1)
             bad assumption - (boxley)
         Chlamydia can be carried other ways - (JayMehaffey)
         Go with her to the clinic. - (Another Scott)
         I just asked my wife - (ben_tilly)
         As the father of two girls,one that just started high school - (mmoffitt)
         How old is your daughter? -NT - (imqwerky) - (35)
             #207935. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Thanks, Scott :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             Re: How old is your daughter? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 But young enough... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Ewwwwww! -NT - (bionerd)
                 :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
             Scott was correct. 16 almost 17. - (jbrabeck) - (28)
                 Treatment - (bionerd) - (2)
                     single oral dose of azithromycin -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                         Re: single oral dose of azithromycin - (bionerd)
                 You are about to destroy your marraige - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Brutal, but honest - (imqwerky)
                 Want to know why the clinic will not discuss? - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                     rightfully so for the safety of the child - (boxley)
                     I understand the reasoning behind all this - (bionerd) - (20)
                         I agree - (imqwerky) - (8)
                             try punch throwing, not blame throwing not confined to - (boxley)
                             Puh-LEEZE, Amy...Who you crappin'?!? - (jb4) - (6)
                                 Now wait a gosh darn minute, boyo! - (imqwerky) - (5)
                                     Get to the source of the problem.. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         There's that literary device again... - (jb4) - (1)
                                             But he'd spell it 'judgment'.. Oh! those Idiom-thingies -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Apparently, there is a literary style in use here... - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Bite me, asshole (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                         Well said. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Just for the record - (bionerd)
                         It can but... - (ben_tilly)
                         Another problem - (drewk) - (7)
                             Thank you for expressing my thoughts - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 Should provide consult w/ both of you there - (tuberculosis)
                             I still don't like it - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 It's the dog that didn't bark - (drewk) - (3)
                                     Point. But... - (ben_tilly)
                                     then you ask who signed the consent to treat forms - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Or, given the predilection physicians show for ... - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Ok, how do I talk to my daughter? - (ubernostrum)

Fight me!
82 ms