IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Time to leave a book or two around the house.
Education. Education. Education.

Find a few appropriate books on the subject and leave them about casually. (Might even want to leave a book cover nearby as well for modesty's sake.)

Can guarantee that mouse will take the bait. Then, as suggested earlier, wait for the kid to bring it up.

Point now is, it don't matter how she gots it. Point is she gots it, now what.

Worry about the cause until the shock has worn off a bit.

Thank God, she's not preggers.

Peace,
Amy

btw, how old is daughter? what grade is she in?

" I tend to believe the great voices of peace throughout history {were} right, and this voice from this little hamlet here in Texas is absolutely wrong. The world is watching what you do here. It is important that you be calm, that you be peaceful, but you be firm. My grandmother {used to} say, \ufffdFight them \ufffdtil hell freezes over, and when hell freezes over, fight them on the ice.\ufffd

Dallas Reverend Peter Johnson, former staff member of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
Expand Edited by imqwerky Aug. 26, 2005, 05:39:44 PM EDT
New I'm with Amy. This is a great time for education
I would try to lessen the "gross out factor". After all, a disease is a disease- no need to get judgmental about how she contracted it. And as far as STD's go- this one aint so bad. She was lucky. Now is the time to talk to her about preventing something like this from happening in the future. She got sick. She needs to know how to stay healthy. She needs to know what behaviors can cause and prevent contracting an STD. She needs to understand the consequences of unprotected sex- including pregnancy and aids. Providing education does not mean you're condoning her behavior. If she cant handle hearing this from you, maybe there is another trusted adult in or life she can talk to. Or an objective/nonjudgmental adult- ie the clinic staff, might be even better.

About Mom- IMO, I think she needs to know. How can you keep this from her? How would she feel if she found out that you were hiding this from her? This can lead to more messy issues. Fact is, you are both parents and you are a team and you both need to handle this together. That's what I think, anyway.

Good luck to you. I just had the sex talk with my 10 yo son this week. He looked at me with a blank expression, said "oh" and continued watching Dukes of Hazzard on TV. I dont think I have to worry about this one for quite a while.

Yesterday when I was picking up the kids from school I saw a used condom on the playground. The school is on a cul de sac- so it's a prime spot for parking. I was walking with a Dad when I saw it- "You pick it up". "Im not gonna pick it up, you pick it up" "Well, we cant have the kids seeing it- you pick it up". "No. I'm not touching that thing". "Well someone needs to pick it up". We went and got the principal. I figure that's why they pay him the big money. He can pick it up.
     Ok, how do I talk to my daughter? - (jbrabeck) - (51)
         Clintonitis? - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             Agreed, this is odds on the case. - (Silverlock)
             Not just teenagers think that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 and what age were they in 1998? :-) -NT - (boxley)
         The possibilty exists - (bepatient)
         What do you want to say? - (tuberculosis)
         Time to leave a book or two around the house. - (imqwerky) - (1)
             I'm with Amy. This is a great time for education - (bionerd)
         simple - (boxley) - (1)
             bad assumption - (boxley)
         Chlamydia can be carried other ways - (JayMehaffey)
         Go with her to the clinic. - (Another Scott)
         I just asked my wife - (ben_tilly)
         As the father of two girls,one that just started high school - (mmoffitt)
         How old is your daughter? -NT - (imqwerky) - (35)
             #207935. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Thanks, Scott :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             Re: How old is your daughter? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 But young enough... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Ewwwwww! -NT - (bionerd)
                 :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
             Scott was correct. 16 almost 17. - (jbrabeck) - (28)
                 Treatment - (bionerd) - (2)
                     single oral dose of azithromycin -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                         Re: single oral dose of azithromycin - (bionerd)
                 You are about to destroy your marraige - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Brutal, but honest - (imqwerky)
                 Want to know why the clinic will not discuss? - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                     rightfully so for the safety of the child - (boxley)
                     I understand the reasoning behind all this - (bionerd) - (20)
                         I agree - (imqwerky) - (8)
                             try punch throwing, not blame throwing not confined to - (boxley)
                             Puh-LEEZE, Amy...Who you crappin'?!? - (jb4) - (6)
                                 Now wait a gosh darn minute, boyo! - (imqwerky) - (5)
                                     Get to the source of the problem.. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         There's that literary device again... - (jb4) - (1)
                                             But he'd spell it 'judgment'.. Oh! those Idiom-thingies -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Apparently, there is a literary style in use here... - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Bite me, asshole (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                         Well said. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Just for the record - (bionerd)
                         It can but... - (ben_tilly)
                         Another problem - (drewk) - (7)
                             Thank you for expressing my thoughts - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 Should provide consult w/ both of you there - (tuberculosis)
                             I still don't like it - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 It's the dog that didn't bark - (drewk) - (3)
                                     Point. But... - (ben_tilly)
                                     then you ask who signed the consent to treat forms - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Or, given the predilection physicians show for ... - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Ok, how do I talk to my daughter? - (ubernostrum)

Research conducted at the University of Oxford has proven conclusively that a cat on a table will inevitably push anything on it off the edge and onto the floor.

“The only obvious conclusion that we have been able to come to is that the Earth must be ball shaped, or cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.”
157 ms