IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I still don't like it
First you're wrong about the message that the parents get. As it stands the message that they get is, We're not at liberty to discuss this topic. They neither get confirmation or denial that sex and drugs came up as issues. They get a big, blank slate. They don't get told, There is a problem, but we won't tell you what. They get told nothing.

Review the case in point. The child gave out the clue that there was a potential problem. Nothing that the clinic said gave that away.

Now your policy is basically an open invitation for suspicious parents to go on "fishing expeditions" to see if something is up. Which completely defeats the point of having confidentiality here in the first place.

Again, consider the case where the parents run a drug operation, or the child is being sexually abused by a parent. Do you really think that the parent should be told what the child said? And before you suggest that the policy be to restrict what is said in that case, be aware that this is a signal to the parent that their kid said something they shouldn't, and further the clinic may not know of the issue, but telling a seemingly innocuous detail to the parent might trigger rage.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New It's the dog that didn't bark
If I call the hospital and ask what they treated my minor daughter for, I'll hear one of three types of things:

1. We haven't treated your daughter.

2. We set a broken arm.

3. We can't tell you.

If I don't hear 1 or 2, I know it must be 3. And I know what the possible reasons are.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Point. But...
all that the kid has to do is go in for 2 reasons. Then you'll hear all about the one that the kid wants you to hear about.

This works very well if the topic comes up during, say, a routine physical.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New then you ask who signed the consent to treat forms
unless its a planned parenthood clinic or a county std clinic, then you know what they are being treated for. Also if your insurance is dinged you have every right to see the records submitted for payment, then request the insurance not pay the claim until you have a diagnosis.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Or, given the predilection physicians show for ...
electronic records and internet transfer of such, just hack it ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Ok, how do I talk to my daughter? - (jbrabeck) - (51)
         Clintonitis? - (SpiceWare) - (3)
             Agreed, this is odds on the case. - (Silverlock)
             Not just teenagers think that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 and what age were they in 1998? :-) -NT - (boxley)
         The possibilty exists - (bepatient)
         What do you want to say? - (tuberculosis)
         Time to leave a book or two around the house. - (imqwerky) - (1)
             I'm with Amy. This is a great time for education - (bionerd)
         simple - (boxley) - (1)
             bad assumption - (boxley)
         Chlamydia can be carried other ways - (JayMehaffey)
         Go with her to the clinic. - (Another Scott)
         I just asked my wife - (ben_tilly)
         As the father of two girls,one that just started high school - (mmoffitt)
         How old is your daughter? -NT - (imqwerky) - (35)
             #207935. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Thanks, Scott :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             Re: How old is your daughter? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 But young enough... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Ewwwwww! -NT - (bionerd)
                 :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
             Scott was correct. 16 almost 17. - (jbrabeck) - (28)
                 Treatment - (bionerd) - (2)
                     single oral dose of azithromycin -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                         Re: single oral dose of azithromycin - (bionerd)
                 You are about to destroy your marraige - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Brutal, but honest - (imqwerky)
                 Want to know why the clinic will not discuss? - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                     rightfully so for the safety of the child - (boxley)
                     I understand the reasoning behind all this - (bionerd) - (20)
                         I agree - (imqwerky) - (8)
                             try punch throwing, not blame throwing not confined to - (boxley)
                             Puh-LEEZE, Amy...Who you crappin'?!? - (jb4) - (6)
                                 Now wait a gosh darn minute, boyo! - (imqwerky) - (5)
                                     Get to the source of the problem.. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         There's that literary device again... - (jb4) - (1)
                                             But he'd spell it 'judgment'.. Oh! those Idiom-thingies -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Apparently, there is a literary style in use here... - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Bite me, asshole (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                         Well said. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Just for the record - (bionerd)
                         It can but... - (ben_tilly)
                         Another problem - (drewk) - (7)
                             Thank you for expressing my thoughts - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 Should provide consult w/ both of you there - (tuberculosis)
                             I still don't like it - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 It's the dog that didn't bark - (drewk) - (3)
                                     Point. But... - (ben_tilly)
                                     then you ask who signed the consent to treat forms - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Or, given the predilection physicians show for ... - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Ok, how do I talk to my daughter? - (ubernostrum)

Your Freak God[tm] was HERE!
147 ms