I called the clinic. Nurse told me that she cannot discuss it with me (WTF, she's a minor child) and could call daughter back to discuss it further with her. So, no help in confirming the diagnosis.

\r\n\r\n

FWIW, I used to do customer service at a health-insurance firm, and this is standard practice. The rules regarding what can be disclosed to whom and when are somewhat complex, but the best bet is to be both named on the policy and either A) a biological parent or B) have a recent HIPAA-compliant Authorization for Release on file naming you as someone who can access her health-care information. And even that isn't always enough for a diagnosis, because that's super double secret information that's protected above and beyond most other things.

\r\n\r\n

On the other hand, if you really desperately need to know without having mom get involved and you happen to have access to a copy of the receipt from the visit, there may be a numeric diagnosis code indicated on it which you could look up in the ICD-9 manual (the ICD coding system assigns five-digit numeric codes to pretty much any possible disease, accident or other condition, and is universally used in the US). For chlamydia you'll be looking for something in the 099.4-099.5 range. Located in the throat the most likely ICD-9 code would be 099.51.

\r\n\r\n

Edit: [link|http://www.dmi.columbia.edu/hripcsak/icd9/1tabular090.html|Here] is an online listing of ICD-9 codes for venereal diseases. Also, saw the post above about how they'll disclose if she invites you or mom to the clinic with her; that'd be best, since you'll get it straight from the source. Given the nature of the diagnosis, you won't get info any other way (I once got in a sticky situation with this where we handled a claim on a minor who'd attempted suicide by drug overdose and I was not permitted to disclose the reason for denial -- self-inflicted injuries are uncovered -- to the parents, who didn't want to admit that's what had happened)