IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Good catch.
Yes, it was a little re-direction on my part. Unintentional though.

Respiratory hazard abatement at workplaces has 3 steps (see e.g. [link|http://www.jlab.org/ehs/manual/PDF/6630RespProt.pdf|this] .pdf picked at random from Google):

1) Eliminate or minimize hazards by changing the processes or changing the chemicals.
2) Improving ventilation to minimize exposure (e.g. painting booths, glove boxes)
3) Personal protective equipment like respirators.

It's required that things be done in that order. Respirators are a last resort. Thus, in your establishment, to protect your employees the thing to do first is eliminate the hazard - so the workplace should be a non-smoking environment.

For consistency, OSHA should require all workplaces to be non-smoking. However, I don't think that is going to happen soon as the restaurant and bar lobby is quite strong.

HTH. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New the process in a bar
1. ingest chemicals to impair central nervous system and cause brain damage
2. try to spread internal secretions via injection or reception.
now given those processes why does inhaling more chemicals become a health risk?
thanx,
bill
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Now you're redirecting. Employees are doing 1 and 2?
New Never worked at a bar, I see
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New I did, briefly. <hack, cough> Not many tips for 1, 2 though.
New Dude, that *is* the tip
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New ya wanna get some regular, work at a bar
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     Et tu, Brute - (deSitter) - (61)
         We've argued this one before - (ben_tilly) - (45)
             Re: We've argued this one before - (deSitter) - (30)
                 The problem is the employees. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                     lets use that employee argument in another industry - (boxley) - (13)
                         OSHA on autobody spray painting. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                             I thought you were whining about employees? - (boxley) - (11)
                                 Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                     not in my bar it dont. - (boxley) - (2)
                                         That's why 2/3rds of the population stays out of bars. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             And they're free to do that ... or open their own bars -NT - (drewk)
                                 Good catch. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     the process in a bar - (boxley) - (5)
                                         Now you're redirecting. Employees are doing 1 and 2? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Never worked at a bar, I see -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 I did, briefly. <hack, cough> Not many tips for 1, 2 though. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Dude, that *is* the tip -NT - (drewk)
                                             ya wanna get some regular, work at a bar -NT - (boxley)
                 The state giveth, the state taketh away - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                     60 Minutes story on eminent domain - (lister) - (7)
                         Pah, Mike Wallace. - (admin) - (6)
                             Wasn't that something that came up at the party? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 (Nothing to see. (Thanks)). -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I don't know how that happened - (ben_tilly)
                                 Mine. -NT - (admin)
                             Explain -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Re: Explain - (admin)
                     You have no problem with government ownership of everything? - (imric) - (5)
                         You got it - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             Excuse me? - (imric) - (3)
                                 You'd be an example of someone who feels differently - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     And now - (imric) - (1)
                                         Prepare your residence for quartering -NT - (ChrisR)
             Why doesn't anyone else notice? - (drewk) - (13)
                 Because that doesn't work - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                     So who cares more? - (drewk) - (11)
                         Re: So who cares more? - (deSitter)
                         Because a critical group is invisible - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                             Ah, that invisible opportunity cost. - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: Because a critical group is invisible - (deSitter) - (7)
                                 Really? - (admin) - (6)
                                     Re: Really? - (deSitter) - (5)
                                         I don't live there. - (admin) - (4)
                                             Re: I don't live there. - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                 High side of 20%... - (admin) - (2)
                                                     $5 for two beers - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                         That won't buy one at ballgame. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Horribly overboard - (JayMehaffey)
         Tough luck - (lister) - (10)
             A-friggin'-men. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                 "A-friggin'-men." - it's the new MeToo! (tm) - (Meerkat) - (8)
                     Here in Kingston, Ontario - (jake123) - (7)
                         Hasten the old folks to the grave - (lister) - (6)
                             Re: parents who smoke in front of their kids - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                 My wife and SIL had non smoking seats on Aeroflot. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Re: My wife and SIL had non smoking seats on Aeroflot. - (deSitter)
                                     Another recent Aeroflot story. - (Another Scott)
                                 Smoking & non-smoking sections on airplanes - (StevenYap) - (1)
                                     Now don't start getting all logical on us... -NT - (Another Scott)
         I see what you posted - (orion)
         Bloomington (MN) Bans Smoking - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             I'm sure we can go for !00% Sin-free, next. -NT - (Ashton)

Completely free of Microsoft Smart Tags!
105 ms