IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You have no problem with government ownership of everything?
Property tax is rent. You don't pay you get evicted. Or worse.

Who controls disposition of the land? The owners. The government.

Who controls the use of land (via zoning)? The owners. The government.

At best, we can hold a lifetime lease.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New You got it
I have problems if that ownership is abused.

I also believe that, for most things, the most efficient systematic use of resources is to make them private property. This true often enough that I think that government has to justify any significant deviations from this baseline.

Of course I recognize that I exist in a society that tends to answer this question differently than I do. That is a common problem for me, see my thoughts on being a [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=104633|moral relativist] in our society. But it is inconvenient. :-(

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Excuse me?
The confiscation of all property from the American people was the first abuse. Tell me, when the government took the role of landlord, did it buy the land from the former owners?

I also believe that, for most things, the most efficient systematic use of resources is to make them private property. This true often enough that I think that government has to justify any significant deviations from this baseline.

This statement makes no sense. There IS no private property when you have to pay a fee to retain so-called 'ownership'. As I said before, the most we can have in this country anymore is a lease. Your baseline does not exist. It is a fantasy.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New You'd be an example of someone who feels differently
Property in the sense that you take for granted and are outraged that the government infringed on is a creation of the same government that you dislike for so infringing.

Don't believe me? Just consider how much Western notions of property differ from the notions of the people here when we showed up. That anything like our notions now prevail is due to our government enforcing our notions on them.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New And now
verbs meaning 'to own' actually mean 'to license' I suppose.

Oh well. I guess 'property is theft', right?

Imric's Tips for Living

New Prepare your residence for quartering
     Et tu, Brute - (deSitter) - (61)
         We've argued this one before - (ben_tilly) - (45)
             Re: We've argued this one before - (deSitter) - (30)
                 The problem is the employees. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                     lets use that employee argument in another industry - (boxley) - (13)
                         OSHA on autobody spray painting. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                             I thought you were whining about employees? - (boxley) - (11)
                                 Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                     not in my bar it dont. - (boxley) - (2)
                                         That's why 2/3rds of the population stays out of bars. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                             And they're free to do that ... or open their own bars -NT - (drewk)
                                 Good catch. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     the process in a bar - (boxley) - (5)
                                         Now you're redirecting. Employees are doing 1 and 2? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Never worked at a bar, I see -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 I did, briefly. <hack, cough> Not many tips for 1, 2 though. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Dude, that *is* the tip -NT - (drewk)
                                             ya wanna get some regular, work at a bar -NT - (boxley)
                 The state giveth, the state taketh away - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                     60 Minutes story on eminent domain - (lister) - (7)
                         Pah, Mike Wallace. - (admin) - (6)
                             Wasn't that something that came up at the party? - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 (Nothing to see. (Thanks)). -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I don't know how that happened - (ben_tilly)
                                 Mine. -NT - (admin)
                             Explain -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Re: Explain - (admin)
                     You have no problem with government ownership of everything? - (imric) - (5)
                         You got it - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             Excuse me? - (imric) - (3)
                                 You'd be an example of someone who feels differently - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     And now - (imric) - (1)
                                         Prepare your residence for quartering -NT - (ChrisR)
             Why doesn't anyone else notice? - (drewk) - (13)
                 Because that doesn't work - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                     So who cares more? - (drewk) - (11)
                         Re: So who cares more? - (deSitter)
                         Because a critical group is invisible - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                             Ah, that invisible opportunity cost. - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: Because a critical group is invisible - (deSitter) - (7)
                                 Really? - (admin) - (6)
                                     Re: Really? - (deSitter) - (5)
                                         I don't live there. - (admin) - (4)
                                             Re: I don't live there. - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                 High side of 20%... - (admin) - (2)
                                                     $5 for two beers - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                         That won't buy one at ballgame. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Horribly overboard - (JayMehaffey)
         Tough luck - (lister) - (10)
             A-friggin'-men. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                 "A-friggin'-men." - it's the new MeToo! (tm) - (Meerkat) - (8)
                     Here in Kingston, Ontario - (jake123) - (7)
                         Hasten the old folks to the grave - (lister) - (6)
                             Re: parents who smoke in front of their kids - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                 My wife and SIL had non smoking seats on Aeroflot. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Re: My wife and SIL had non smoking seats on Aeroflot. - (deSitter)
                                     Another recent Aeroflot story. - (Another Scott)
                                 Smoking & non-smoking sections on airplanes - (StevenYap) - (1)
                                     Now don't start getting all logical on us... -NT - (Another Scott)
         I see what you posted - (orion)
         Bloomington (MN) Bans Smoking - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             I'm sure we can go for !00% Sin-free, next. -NT - (Ashton)

[C:\]_
158 ms