IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: No. No "they".
Well if they have no special rights, how come they are the main ones allowed to post in the special Admin forum? (I forgot the name of it).

I know you're different, trust me, but I also believe that everyone here should RESPECT the people that keep us up and running, and appreciate what they do. Sure anyone else may be able to do it, but they are the ones who took on the task, and they does exist, because two people are a they, and I refer to two people. They doesn't stand for anything but two people, Scott and Greg.

And there is some control somewhere from someone or the Ban and Lock features would not exist or ever have been used.

I know what you are trying to say too, Peter, but it didn't poof into existence on it's own, Scott wrote it. That's what I mean. It wasn't planted in place on the Internet by Divine Intervention, it was put here.

Like I said, it would be a courtesy, then, to the people who made, run, maintain this place, if you like that word better, to help keep this community running more smoothly by following the Forum guidelines, and it DOES have those.

Nightowl >8#

"Don't be a cynic and disconsolate preacher. Don't bewail and moan. Omit the negative propositions. Challenge us with incessant affirmatives. Don't waste yourself in rejection, or bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good." Ralph Waldo Emerson
New Let's look at it another way.
Scott and Greg are not the only ones allowed to post in the Administrivia forum. It's just that we (I admin the Jabber server, for example) like to keep that one forum clear of non-admin issues for the simple reason if one of the various admins posts there, it's important and it will probably have some effect on some service or other.

You can post there if you like. You'll get either yelled at or mocked, but there's nothing whatsoever stopping you from doing so.

I disagree with your suggestion that we should respect Scott and Greg just for being who they are. I'm grateful to them for what they've done and they know it. When Greg has one of his periodic "being an arse" episodes, then I'm not going to defer to him just because he hosts us; in fact, (as hinted at elsewhere) because he's big enough and ugly enough to look after himself AND to know better, he's going to get it in the shorts perhaps more than other people might.

There's nothing anyone can do to keep this place running smoothly over and above thinking about what you're replying to and formulating a reasonable response. When that breaks down, you get little tiffs like the one this thread was originally all about.

Don't think of it as respect for the people who made this - after all, it's just a bunch of software and a pile of hardware - it can be replaced and has been in the past, at least twice. Think of it as respect for people who you've come to regard as friends.

*group hug*

/me goes off to read Iron John

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home Page - Now with added Zing!]
New Okay, I concur
But I'd change it to thinking of it as respect for IWT as a whole, as a community, and as friends as well.

Nightowl >8#

"Don't be a cynic and disconsolate preacher. Don't bewail and moan. Omit the negative propositions. Challenge us with incessant affirmatives. Don't waste yourself in rejection, or bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good." Ralph Waldo Emerson
New Periodic? How's that?
When Greg has one of his periodic "being an arse" episodes, then I'm not going to defer to him just because he hosts us; in fact, (as hinted at elsewhere) because he's big enough and ugly enough to look after himself AND to know better, he's going to get it in the shorts perhaps more than other people might.
Periodic? Guess I am not holding my end of the teeter-totter down enough.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

I did a 10K wheelchair race once. The guy
who pushed me still has the whip-marks.
     Greg, YOU give it a rest - (ben_tilly) - (84)
         Save for the fact that I know your beliefs.... - (bepatient) - (2)
             Amen as well - (broomberg) - (1)
                 Hey, don't worry about it - (jb4)
         You and others believe what you will (rant and agreement) - (folkert) - (64)
             Yes, we will - (ben_tilly) - (63)
                 So.. Let me get this straight. - (folkert) - (62)
                     A couple comments - (Nightowl) - (41)
                         One thing you need to understand, hooty one. - (pwhysall) - (40)
                             Regardless what they are called - (Nightowl) - (39)
                                 You miss my point. - (pwhysall) - (38)
                                     The Ban and The Lock -NT - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                         Ah yes, good catch. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                         And the Comfy Chair! -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                             And the soft cushions! With the stuffing all in one corner! -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 LRPD: I just KNEW the Good Humor Man was behind this... -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                     Maybe so - (Nightowl) - (23)
                                         No. No "they". - (pwhysall) - (22)
                                             Re: No. No "they". - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                 Let's look at it another way. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     Okay, I concur - (Nightowl)
                                                     Periodic? How's that? - (folkert)
                                             You stupid ass clown... - (danreck) - (13)
                                                 Re: You stupid ass clown... - (danreck) - (2)
                                                     Re: You stupid ass clown... - (danreck) - (1)
                                                         Only three? - (folkert)
                                                 No, I think the rabid ones were wolves. The dogs... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     Re: No, I think the rabid ones were wolves. The dogs... - (danreck)
                                                 oo0..Please stop calumniating..0oo -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     ooO Sauvons Michel! Ooo - (deSitter)
                                                 Point of order. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                     Re: Point of order. - (admin) - (3)
                                                         Thanks for clearing that up.... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             np. - (admin)
                                                         LOL! -NT - (slugbug)
                                                     one are adjectives describing a noun - (boxley)
                                             20 hours, not 3 weeks - (admin) - (1)
                                                 I meant calendar - (pwhysall)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                                             Confirming your statement(s) - (folkert)
                                     TLA translation, please: IFS?!? -NT - (jb4) - (8)
                                         Internet Face Stab - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                             Grr. You're too quick! Ruined me joke! ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 I know :\\ - (pwhysall)
                                             Re: Internet Face Stab - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 Not much of a joke, really... Just hit the link and scroll. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Wow. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                 Not on MSN. - (Another Scott)
                                         Installable File System. - (Another Scott)
                     I guess that was unfair. - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                         Good Point. - (folkert) - (2)
                             I'll tell you how - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Understand. - (folkert)
                     Gad, what a list! - (jb4) - (15)
                         Re:Damn, I'm getting old! - (hnick)
                         I did not realize we lost that many... Sad list indeed. - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                             aye, it does hurt. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                             The LRPD brings some back, e.g. MHuber. :-( -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 bkosse. :( -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     was hoping that one wouldn't come up >:( -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                         You can add to that list... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                             That!!! - (folkert) - (3)
                                 Re: That!!! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     And this is why I don't want it resurrected - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Not our bidness :( - (boxley)
                             Interesting observation - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                 That's all well and good but... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     Thanks for explaining that - (Nightowl)
                                     That was the One. - (folkert)
         Well I'm sorry too - (deSitter) - (3)
             ! - (admin)
             Hang in there. You'll get through this rough time. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Alternate analysis - (ben_tilly)
         I say, DAMN impressive language skills there... - (CRConrad) - (11)
             Soylent Green is people! -NT - (admin) - (10)
                 "People", the collective (i.e, plural) term... - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     This frog won't croak any more... -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         No fucking wonder - it's almost... - (CRConrad)
                     Soylent brown is toddlers -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                         As seen on TV! -NT - (inthane-chan)
                     ... - (admin) - (4)
                         Sheesh, you guys... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             Eh... - (admin) - (2)
                                 No, of course I realised that if a frog won't croak, it... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Let us not even start on the multifarious 'cracked crab' -NT - (Ashton)

Tool-wielding ape on board.
260 ms