IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So what was the reason for his death?
If the Last Supper was just a good ol' boys get-together, then what purpose did the crucifixion have? Or do you simply deny he had foreknowledge of his betrayal; i.e. that his death wasn't planned or necessary?

Many fears are born of stupidity and ignorance -
Which you should be feeding with rumour and generalisation.
BOfH, 2002 "Episode" 10
New he had foreknowledge all right
some have even suggested that he had to force Judas into informing on him. Others have suggested that he leaned on Judas for strength in the coming trial. Considering how many crucifictions were carried out in that era the cause of death is not by itself significant because after all if it happened today would you wear a little electric chair around your neck? Of course not.
His death was planned by many some with knowledge aforethought. Without his death, his message would have been lost in less than a generation instead of being tweaked and woven into the tapestry that is christianity today. I rather suspect he would/is not be thrilled with the state of the message today.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

"I hit him so hard in the head his dog shat a turd in the shape of Jesus" Leonard Pine
     There is moral relativism and moral relativism - (ben_tilly) - (41)
         Re: There is moral relativism and moral relativism - (rcareaga) - (37)
             You like invoking Godwin, don't you? - (ben_tilly) - (36)
                 Sheesh - (rcareaga) - (4)
                     Oh, I understood it alright - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                         am I assumed, then, - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             Speaking of imputing motives... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 (shrug) - (rcareaga)
                 Since we're talking Godwin here, - (Arkadiy) - (30)
                     Thank you for the penultimate coffin nail - (Ashton) - (12)
                         Funny you should be talking about this - (drewk) - (11)
                             Too bad he was wrong. - (tseliot) - (10)
                                 No he didnt - (boxley) - (9)
                                     How is e.g. the Lord's Supper about the Law? - (tseliot) - (8)
                                         okay, we can leave Paul out of it - (boxley) - (7)
                                             God didn't destroy the Covenant of Abraham - (orion) - (4)
                                                 the covenant was between G_d and Abraham - (boxley) - (3)
                                                     Jesus included gentiles - (orion)
                                                     Lazarus and the Rich Man - (orion) - (1)
                                                         Re: Lazarus and the Rich Man - (orion)
                                             So what was the reason for his death? - (tseliot) - (1)
                                                 he had foreknowledge all right - (boxley)
                     Where did I indicate that I think society is right? - (ben_tilly) - (16)
                         I've never said you consider the killer society right - (Arkadiy) - (15)
                             Let me turn that around - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                                 Tur(i)n Complete ;-) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     a lot of it is in humanity itself - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Helping the poor - (orion)
                                 Re: Let me turn that around - (Arkadiy) - (10)
                                     And we continue to disagree - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                         Tiling at giants that look like windmills - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                                             Our moralities are different - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                 Could you explain, - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                                     non warfare cannibalism, see hindu sects -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                         Links? - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                                             links - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 The report is rife - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                                     good way to untie the mind from humanity -NT - (boxley)
                                                     Explanation - (ben_tilly)
         Re: There is moral relativism and moral relativism - (Ashton)
         #If defs - (boxley) - (1)
             Asking the wrong question - (ben_tilly)

Achtung, Laddie!
114 ms