IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We've been through those fires before.
In a previous incarnation, IWETHEY had a poster who ... ahh, lets say he got offended easily. Once that point had been reached, it was always very difficult to make him see reason. Pleas to ignore him were not heeded by all, sad to say, which lessened the problem but of course didn't quite solve it. After repeated warnings, a failed experiment with deleting one of his more incendiary posts, he was banned temporarily (i.e. for 1 week). We made sure he was informed.

It was a move of last resort. Really! It took some agonising. None of us wanted to do it just to be rid of him.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

New Re: We've been through those fires before.
In a previous incarnation, IWETHEY had a poster who ... ahh, lets say he got offended easily. Once that point had been reached, it was always very difficult to make him see reason. Pleas to ignore him were not heeded by all, sad to say, which lessened the problem but of course didn't quite solve it. After repeated warnings, a failed experiment with deleting one of his more incendiary posts, he was banned temporarily (i.e. for 1 week). We made sure he was informed.

It was a move of last resort. Really! It took some agonising. None of us wanted to do it just to be rid of him.

Well, I applaud that you at least informed him about it, because like I said, I was not informed. I simply attempted to access the group and learned it failed, with both my main and backup IDs. I feel it was handled very poorly and irresponsibly, because the person should be informed.

And I understand how you feel about agonizing over it. I think I would try anything before ever considering banning someone, so I relate.

Nightowl >8#

"Only dead fish swim with the stream."
Linda Ellerbee
     Heh. Nice edit. Minor nit. - (inthane-chan) - (37)
         I'll tell you why. - (pwhysall) - (36)
             Well stated Peter. Ditto for my situation - work and home. -NT - (jbrabeck) - (35)
                 Tis annoying... - (bepatient) - (34)
                     It takes time to find and edit an offensive subject line - (orion) - (33)
                         This I know. - (bepatient) - (32)
                             Possibility: auto-munging of title on insert - (Yendor) - (6)
                                 Funky monkey dancing!!! -NT - (admin)
                                 Worse than that. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     That... should be - (folkert)
                                     Moral-LRPD: I'm very sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue - (Ashton)
                                 The code is there - (orion)
                                 This I could live with... with a twist... (new thread) - (folkert)
                             Banning? No. Never. - (folkert) - (16)
                                 Re: Banning? No. Never. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     Peter also... - (folkert)
                                     We've been through those fires before. - (static) - (1)
                                         Re: We've been through those fires before. - (Nightowl)
                                 Re: Banning? No. Never. - (kmself) - (11)
                                     Cholmondeley's Annular Grillage Constant - (Ashton)
                                     Re: Banning? No. Never. - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                         ...the concept of...high-value content... - (kmself) - (8)
                                             You scare me -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                 I think he's ahead of the curve. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     Re: I think he's ahead of the curve. - (deSitter)
                                             Re: ...the concept of...high-value content... - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                 Moderation 101 - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Re: Moderation 101 - (Nightowl)
                                                 Translation into English... - (ben_tilly)
                                                 a good example of that is snmp - (boxley)
                             When did you become a moralizer? - (deSitter) - (7)
                                 RTFT - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                                     Fine - (deSitter) - (5)
                                         But... - (folkert) - (4)
                                             I said, fine - (deSitter) - (3)
                                                 Much thanks then to you Sir deSitter. - (folkert)
                                                 ObLRPD: - (admin) - (1)
                                                     ObLRPD: Swiftly thereafter, Choco Taco delight. - (drewk)

apt-get install ifs-driver^W^Wkobodeluxe
67 ms