In a previous incarnation, IWETHEY had a poster who ... ahh, lets say he got offended easily. Once that point had been reached, it was always very difficult to make him see reason. Pleas to ignore him were not heeded by all, sad to say, which lessened the problem but of course didn't quite solve it. After repeated warnings, a failed experiment with deleting one of his more incendiary posts, he was banned temporarily (i.e. for 1 week). We made sure he was informed.

It was a move of last resort. Really! It took some agonising. None of us wanted to do it just to be rid of him.

Well, I applaud that you at least informed him about it, because like I said, I was not informed. I simply attempted to access the group and learned it failed, with both my main and backup IDs. I feel it was handled very poorly and irresponsibly, because the person should be informed.

And I understand how you feel about agonizing over it. I think I would try anything before ever considering banning someone, so I relate.

Nightowl >8#